Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #421
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Started reading The Infernal Devices tonight.

Now I kinda wanna cosplay Henry Branwell in addition to Magnus Bane, because so far I think he's an adorable dork. And I have a friend who is tiny and would be a good Charlotte.

Someone talk me out of this before I try to set myself on fire :'D
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #422
violetlights
Pokemon Master

@Quinn_The_Spazz; Your Magnus cosplay is FABULOUS!

I actually just finished The Mortal Instruments (anxiously awaiting the release of book six >u<) and now I reeeally want to cosplay Clary c: I'll probably talk my friend into cosplaying either Simon or Jace with me if I ever do.

(on another note, I'd also really like to cosplay Tris from Divergent)

~Otakon 2014 Lineup~
Vaporeon Gijinka (Pokemon), May (Pokemon), Agnes (Bravely Default), Mairu (Durarara!!), Kou (Free!), Levy (Fairy Tail)
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #423
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetlights View Post
@Quinn_The_Spazz; Your Magnus cosplay is FABULOUS!

I actually just finished The Mortal Instruments (anxiously awaiting the release of book six >u<) and now I reeeally want to cosplay Clary c: I'll probably talk my friend into cosplaying either Simon or Jace with me if I ever do.
Thank you so much! The wig took three hours and I still have glitter all over my house, but it makes it worth it when people say nice things like that ^-^

(And I see from your signature that you go to all the conventions I do! I'm hoping to wear Magnus to Katsucon probably next year, since this coming one I have waaay too much planned ^^; )
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 01-14-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Unread 01-14-2014, 04:27 AM   #424
Xyvol

I just recently went to a local con as Matrim Cauthon from the Wheel of Time series. He's such a dynamic character through out the series, he became my favorite. There were a couple of incorrect guesses at the costume, but when someone did recognize it they were every excited.
Xyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #425
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Finished my sensor for Henry from The Infernal Devices!

That was way more complicated to make than it needed to be.

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 01-17-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 01-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #426
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

After doing a little research yesterday, I decided to order black canvas for Harry's Inverness coat. I have enough natural canvas to make it, but it would need to be dyed. I don't want to risk it not looking black depending on the lighting. At least now I have a bunch of canvas I can use for other things. Once it gets here, I'm figuring I'll dive in and get going. He needs to be ready for Marcon in May.

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #427
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Well, my friend made me read Good Omens solely because it's her favorite book and she wanted someone to cosplay it with her. We decided that since I can do magic tricks and have a sword in my closet , I'll be Aziraphale.

I bought a sweater vest today. It's blue.

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 03-21-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Unread 03-24-2014, 02:21 AM   #428
Deru-Wisper

One of my friends and I have been planning to cosplay Wester and Kurda from Cirque du Freak; and another one of our friends might tag along as either Gavner Purl or Evra Von. I doubt we'll end up wearing these cosplays to a con, but it'll be fun anyways.

Upcoming Cons:
Pacific Media Expo '14
Anime Los Angelos '15
Instagram - Tumblr
Deru-Wisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #429
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Well, my friend made me read Good Omens solely because it's her favorite book and she wanted someone to cosplay it with her. We decided that since I can do magic tricks and have a sword in my closet , I'll be Aziraphale.

I bought a sweater vest today. It's blue.
YAY!!!!!! :insert Kermit arm-flail:

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Unread 03-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #430
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
YAY!!!!!! :insert Kermit arm-flail:

I got a trechcoat yesterday at a thrift store for fairly cheap, I'll try to take a progress picture later!

The coat smells kinda funny though. I wore it to school today though so the grandmother smell isn't nearly as bad as it was, but it still smells like old. Which kinda fits actually.

And here is a progress picture with my new, weird smelling trench coat.

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 03-25-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Unread 04-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #431
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Awesome con was this past weekend and I got to debut Henry Branwell from The Infernal Devices! I actually got recognized as Henry once and that was 12 kinds of awesome. I think the sign helped.
Unread 04-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #432
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^ Awesome.

So I decided for Bookcon I'll probably cosplay Meg from Written in Red. I love the book(and can't wait for the sequel). Her outfit is simplish which is awesome since I'm going to need to carry all the books I get from the con too. I'll probably go with the outfit on the cover for ease. Also I need to reread it again to get a better description of her clothes and such.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #433
MidnightMinx90

I finally got to make my first book-based cosplay this year!
I've wanted to make the spidersilk gown Jaenelle Angelline wears, but I've decided to put it off for a while, until I'm skilled enough to make it.
So I chose my second favourite outfit from the same series (The Black Jewels by Anne Bishop) - the gown Morghann wears when first introduced in Heir to the Shadows.

And not only is it the first cosplay I've made without any pictures or drawn references, but it's also the first time I've coloured fabric (first the whole thing yellow, then used red to make it red and orange as well), sewn a dress AND made something using patterns.

Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #434
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

My procrastination has caught up with me, again. Somehow by next Thursday I need to have turned 4.5 yds of black canvas into an Inverness coat for Harry. D@mn my procrastination skills!

Working on:

Eventually:
Unread 05-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #435
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Yeah, Harry's staying home this weekend. But this means Arthur'll get con time! They better have that AC cranked up!

Working on:

Eventually: