Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #61
VampiricMosaic
Performances Every Week

I would like to one day do cosplay from Christine Feehan's Dark series with the Carpathians. I think I would do best as ether Shea or Raven.... or maybe any other one that strikes my fancy. ^.^

Unread 06-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #62
Phantomtango1
www.phantomonabudget.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale37 View Post
I love the original Phantom of the Opera book and would love to see a red death costume from the book. Though I do like the versions in the Webber musical and the movie, still it would be nice to see another take.

And The Persion, that would be really funny and awesome, except that no one would know who he was :-(

I haven't ever read Susan Kay's "Phantom" though and now I am all interested!
I love Kay's book. I have my issues with it like most people do, but I really love the story it puts forth. It's much easier to find these days now that it's back in print, so if you have the chance, pick it up!
Unread 06-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #63
Fallen_Jenova
Just Another Abused Uke

I would die if I saw someone in the 'Red Death' costume.. doesn't matter what version.
Nightengale37~ 'Phantom' is a really good book you should read it ^_^
I got my copy for almost $60 off of ebay back when the Phantom of the Opera movie was in theatres.. Shoudl have waited.

Persacon 2008:
Before Crisis and In Game Rufus Shinra~ Final Fantasy VII
Mello~ Death Note
Seras (yellow)~ Hellsing
Alexia Ashford~ Resident Evil Code Veronica
Reno~ Final Fantasy VII

Fallen_Jenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #64
ReiRei21

I thought doing Elphaba from Wicked would be fun to do
ReiRei21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #65
Phantomtango1
www.phantomonabudget.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen_Jenova View Post
I would die if I saw someone in the 'Red Death' costume.. doesn't matter what version.
Nightengale37~ 'Phantom' is a really good book you should read it ^_^
I got my copy for almost $60 off of ebay back when the Phantom of the Opera movie was in theatres.. Shoudl have waited.
YIKES. Yeah, prices were ridiculous when the movie came out. Granted, it was bad before, but after the film I heard of paperback copies of Phantom selling for better than $100. Insanity, especially since I had found mine (hidden on the bottom shelf of Borders) for $3 in 1996.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiRei21 View Post
I thought doing Elphaba from Wicked would be fun to do
Ooo...to see book!Elphaba would be amazing. Especially if the sharp tooth effect could be acheived.
Unread 06-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #66
NeoLunaAngel
Oh, no she didn't! ^_-;

Yay for book love!!!

I know it's a little older, but I'm still planning a Vanyel costume from Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series. My sister and my friend might do Tayledras cosutmes as well... I don't know where to wear it, but eh, it's a costume I have to make one day ^_^

--A response from me to my son ^_^;;
NeoLunaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #67
princesshimiko
suki de, suki de ..*

I don't know if I would ever do a cosplay from books. I mean I don't read that much, I've attempted to read Lord of the Rings once, and settle for watching the movie XD If I ever do a cosplay from a book, it would have to be from Harry Potter or something to go see one of the movies, or just for my own inside nerd :P

Cosplays 2008-09:
-Kaname Kuran [VAMPIRE KNIGHT]
-Kimihiro Watanuki [XXXHOLIC]
-King Louis XV [LE CHEVALIER D'EON]
princesshimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #68
Rem Akimichi
Webcomiker & Costumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomtango1 View Post
I love Kay's book. I have my issues with it like most people do, but I really love the story it puts forth. It's much easier to find these days now that it's back in print, so if you have the chance, pick it up!
Heh, I'm in the middle of Kay's book (grabbed it off Ebay a few months ago but haven't finished it since I'm in the middle of moving). It's really good. I wouldn't mind seeing someone cosplay a younger Persian

This thread kicked me into reading the Lyrr series. It's so cute :d Almost finished The High King, and I think it would be much love to cosplay Fflewdder Fflam XD

They have served me well.
Rem Akimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #69
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

I've done Samantha Parkington and Felicity Merriman from the American Girls' books.

2014 EVENTS: Katsucon, Anime Boston, PortCon Maine, Dragon*Con
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 06:27 AM   #70
GabrielDarkhawk
is Yukon Ho!

I've done a VFD member from "A Series of Unfortunate Events" for a Snicket reading I went to. He liked our outfits. ^_^

Glad to find a lot of book cosplay! Hrmmm what else would I be interested in...

-Howl's fixed blue coat from Howl's Moving Castle (the book)...with the 100+ individual triangles. @_@
-Perhaps something from the Hatter M side of "The Looking Glass Wars"
-Aaand...hrm, maybe Tenar from the Earthsea books.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” -Calvin and Hobbes

In Progress: Alice (Pumpkin Scissors)
GabrielDarkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #71
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

my Arthur Dent was baced of the book hitchhikers guide to the galaxy not the movie version. if its a distinctive character I think books are fine.
paper cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #72
Amidoji
Desert Chikin

I've seen cosplay from Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel stuff. It has she vivid discriptions of clothes and fun outfits, I'd love to do some myself.

I also would like to cosplay from Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan series. But that would involve lots of fun military costumes.

As for Potter, I have book versions of the Death Eaters as I didn't see the movie stuff at first and hate what they turned out to be. I also have been doing stuff in the movie style, but prior to that happening in the movie, young Severus Snape and stuff. I use the movies as a rough base, but don't have to live and breathe them. Even my costumes of character we've seen (Draco for example), I'm not stuck with the movies. There are things I like about them and things I don't.
Amidoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 01:03 AM   #73
Kagoma_kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomtango1 View Post
YIKES. Yeah, prices were ridiculous when the movie came out. Granted, it was bad before, but after the film I heard of paperback copies of Phantom selling for better than $100. Insanity, especially since I had found mine (hidden on the bottom shelf of Borders) for $3 in 1996.

Ooo...to see book!Elphaba would be amazing. Especially if the sharp tooth effect could be acheived.

Book Phantom or Elphaba those would be so awesome!!!

As for me I'm working on Holly Short in her Section 8 costume from Artemis Fowl.
I plan on going all out on getting the costume to "work" moving wings, working wrist computer...real written in gnomish "Book" ect.
Kagoma_kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #74
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

I never really thought of this as cosplay but it is there are large groups and gathering of people who do specific book based costumes.
I work at a living history museum in Wisconsin. during the summer we have a Laura (Ingalls) Wilder day. based on little house in the big wood her books before Little House on the Prairie

the museum is packed with little kids and some parents dressed as their favorites characters or just wearing dresses and bonnets. we even hold a costume contest well they call it a look a like contest.
paper cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #75
Phantomtango1
www.phantomonabudget.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagoma_kage View Post
Book Phantom or Elphaba those would be so awesome!!!
I do have pictures of me as Leroux's Phantom in my gallery. I'd love to see more people do it, though, especially Red Death. If I attempted to do that it'd just be a big mass of red cloth and feathers.