Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #76
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielDarkhawk View Post
I've done a VFD member from "A Series of Unfortunate Events" for a Snicket reading I went to. He liked our outfits. ^_^

Glad to find a lot of book cosplay! Hrmmm what else would I be interested in...

-Howl's fixed blue coat from Howl's Moving Castle (the book)...with the 100+ individual triangles. @_@
-Perhaps something from the Hatter M side of "The Looking Glass Wars"
-Aaand...hrm, maybe Tenar from the Earthsea books.
Oh, NICE. If you make Howl's crazy blue and silver coat (especially after it had been "fixed"), PLEASE post up pictures! Carry around an electric guitar too! XD

Unread 07-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #77
Elementary_Ed
Sailor....Alchemist?!

I've been dreaming of doing Alanna (Tortall) for years. I really should at some point. Just need the money and talent. I have enough midieval clothing to pontentially put something crappy together now...but would need to dye hair and find contacts...x.x One of these days I'll do it, I swear!
Elementary_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #78
s0ra
Nya!

What a great idea! Book cosplay, I mean.

I'd love to do Elani from Broken Sky some time.

I'd really love to see some other people do Darren Shan, Keys to the Kingdom (especially The Piper!), or other Broken Sky people.
I read alot, but I'm drawing a blank on other books with interesting costumes right now ^^;
s0ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #79
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

I'm still trying to do Yvaine from the book "Stardust" as I'm disappointed her beautiful dress decorated with star and moon beads isn't in the film version. I think the costume designer got lazy at some point...

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Drackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #80
ningyobaka
digidork

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ra View Post
What a great idea! Book cosplay, I mean.

I'd love to do Elani from Broken Sky some time.

I'd really love to see some other people do Darren Shan, Keys to the Kingdom (especially The Piper!), or other Broken Sky people.
I read alot, but I'm drawing a blank on other books with interesting costumes right now ^^;
BROKEN SKY IS THE $HIT!

I love that series. i tried to turn a pair of jeans in the 7th grade into something simular to kia's. wore them to school alot until spring hit and i wore them without tights underneath. boy did they throw a hissy. I have a friend who want's to do whist bad. really bad.

and i'm sorry i love you now. *hugs* my friends and i find this to be a highly under apperciated book series.
ningyobaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #81
Silver-skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayonea View Post
I'm working on Sarra Liwellan right now (from Exiles: The Ruins of Ambrai by Melanie Rawn).
That would be AWESOME! You said you're in the Toronto area? What cons are you planning to wear that to, cause I totally want to see it, I've been waiting for the third book in that series forever. Also, which of her outfits are you making?
Anyone who manages to pull off an Alanna would also be cool, or anything from Tamora Pierce's books.
If I were to cosplay a character from a book, I would do something from the Malazan book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson.
Unread 07-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #82
Rayonea
Stubbornly Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-skye View Post
That would be AWESOME! You said you're in the Toronto area? What cons are you planning to wear that to, cause I totally want to see it, I've been waiting for the third book in that series forever. Also, which of her outfits are you making?
I'm making the cover art version (ref pic!) because I've had a bookmark of it since I was eight and that's what got me to read the books in the first place. ^_^ I THINK I heard that the third one is coming out soon? I really hope so because I'm DYING to read it.

And as long as nothing goes terribly wrong I'll be wearing it to FanExpo, all day on the Saturday. And on Halloween, on campus at Queens if you're anywhere near there. XD (And in case your interested, have some progress pics?)
Unread 07-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #83
GabrielDarkhawk
is Yukon Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumikuroi View Post
Oh, NICE. If you make Howl's crazy blue and silver coat (especially after it had been "fixed"), PLEASE post up pictures! Carry around an electric guitar too! XD
I think my mind's telling me to do this sooner. I've started looking up traditional harlequin costumes (as I believe it was described as when Sophie and Howl first meet?). XD I think I'll add this to my to do sooner list. But yeah, if I do get to it, I'll definately post pics!

ďIf your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.Ē -Calvin and Hobbes

In Progress: Alice (Pumpkin Scissors)
GabrielDarkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #84
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Argharghargh. There's a costume from The Fall of Hyperion I want to do SO badly. Of course, I've sworn to do only one more costume until after my wedding next May, and even then no one would recognize the character. At least not without a Colonel Kassad, and I don't know anyone who could do a Kassad.

Screw you, books, gettin' me all hyped over cosplays I can't do.

I'm lying, books. I love you always.

--PD
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #85
Ironekilz

I recently finished A Fine and Private Place and had an urge to cosplay Laura. I also remembered that I had thought about cosplaying Xayide from The Neverending Story.

(Penny--I just noticed your avatar! Hilarious!)
Unread 07-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #86
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielDarkhawk View Post
I think my mind's telling me to do this sooner. I've started looking up traditional harlequin costumes (as I believe it was described as when Sophie and Howl first meet?). XD I think I'll add this to my to do sooner list. But yeah, if I do get to it, I'll definately post pics!
Don't forget a very ugly looking human skull if you get the chance! XP
Unread 07-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #87
Moonlit Child
popcorn pumpkin puff

Finally more people who have read Chris Wooding! I haven't read Broken Sky, but Storm Thief officially kicked off a Sci-fi stint that has lasted long enough for me to want to cosplay Rail..I have some initial sketches done and I'm actually thinking of doing an alternate version too...possibly pre-respirator Rail.

But I'm at that point now where I'm just toying with different ideas for cosplays, since the only con I go to is only a week away, and I have a year to figure out what I want to do.
Unread 07-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #88
Gloria 309

I'd really want to do something from Dragonlance. Maybe Gwyneth, Silvan or Magius.

Time to plot!
Gloria 309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #89
Tiger Standing

I've already done Dragonlance cosplay with my husband, but we plan to do a few more people out of the series. I will eventually be making Golden General Laurana with dragonlance sometime in the near future. But what I really want to do is a group from Chronicles and one from Legends. Skits too because I want to enter them for competition. ^^

We're also planning on our own Discworld and The Last Unicorn cosplay group with some friends.

Katsucon 2012:
Pinkie Pie, Jem and The Holograms
Otakon 2012:
Pinkie Pie, Lina Inverse
GenCon 2012:
TBD
Jem Con 2012:
The Jem Project Saturday Night Concert
Nekocon 2012:
TBD
Tiger Standing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #90
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

I finished my Yvaine costume.

Taken at the Ren Faire.

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Drackt is offline   Reply With Quote