Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hellsing

Unread 06-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Seras Victoria: searching for a pattern

Hey, all. Well, I've given it lots of thought, and I decided to finally try for a Seras Victoria. I'll be doing the manga/OVA version, also known as the "yellow outfit". But, first thing's first- I need a pattern. Any ideas where I could find a good pattern similar enough to Seras' Hellsing uniform to make?
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!
Tenkage-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
IzumiContraband
It's body temperature-nya

I'm on the same quest as you. I'm just looking for a button-down shirt that's plain enough that I can modify...and hopefully, it's already got pockets on it.

However, I do have the best miniskirt pattern ever...Burda 8237. You'll never need another teeny skirt pattern again.
Unread 06-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
Irate Cosplay
proudly gheTTo

Gosh, if either of you find a good Shirt pattern for her, I'd love to know it. xD

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Blood!Seras - Hellsing Sun!Kumo - Original Character
Rocket Grunt - Pokemon VideoDuel!Pegasus - Yuugiou
Irate Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Heh, seems we're all in the same boat. Well, I'm gonna start looking through jacket patterns and such, and see what I come across. Haven't found any military uniform patterns, yet.
Unread 06-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
Legatosgurl
I am a BANANA!!!!

Sorry I can't help with the shirt. >< I managed to get mine at a uniform store (After hours of searching patterns. Bugger).
I'm having issues with the skirt, mostly because a) it's a -slightly- different shade of blue and 2, or b) I have issues with my legs. *sigh* a size 14 seras... someones gonna point out that some people shoulnd't wear miniskirts... think that they'd know who i was if i wore blue pants?

Final Fantasy - Physics not included.

Cosplay 2012:
MLP: DJ PON 3
Soul Eater: Tsubaki
Legatosgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
Irate Cosplay
proudly gheTTo

Don't worry yourself about that. xD I'm a size 11 Seras, and I really haven't gotten any comments.

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Blood!Seras - Hellsing Sun!Kumo - Original Character
Rocket Grunt - Pokemon VideoDuel!Pegasus - Yuugiou
Irate Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
IzumiContraband

Seras does, for a brief moment, wear pants. But I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. ;D I'm a Seras, sans boobs. >___>" We can't all be the perfect shape for our cosplay. ;~;
Unread 06-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
IzumiContraband

I've been looking for relatively simple button-down shirt patterns that can be modified, and here's what I've come up with so far:

Simplicity 5455: Simple button-down shirt. With the addition of a few more buttons, the reinforcement of some seams, some shaping, and some modifications to the collar, this might work. XD

Simplicity 7086: This is in the same camp as the previous one, except it's more shaped and lacking in pockets. A little on the short side, as well.

Simplicity 9818: Very simple pattern in variable lengths...not shaped at all.

Butterick 6085: A little bit short, but shaped and with pockets...no flaps on the pockets, though.

Burda 7936: No pockets...:sigh:

Burda 7942: Shaped and very feminine, looks to be kind of short.

Burda 8218: Simple, relatively shapeless blouse with pockets.

Burda 8287: Now in two lengths! One is too short and the other is too long. :3

Burda 8360: These seem to be a bit longer...

McCall's 2094 and 3541: Simple button-down shirts, though the latter is a little less simple.

McCall's 4079 and 4518: Simple and shapeless. You'll want yours to fit you like the actual outfit does, so some extra seams might have to be put in or you might have to take the garment in at the waist and whatnot.

McCall's 4922: Shaped and feminine, albeit with long sleeves.

McCall's 5052: Pockets! Different lengths! By combining two of the included patterns, you could come up with a longer sort of shirt with short sleeves.

So, if you choose to go this route (I most likely will), you have many choices as to what kind of modifications you can do. Also, keep in mind the specifics of Seras' outfit and the details that you would be hard-pressed to find on any commercial pattern...ie. her collar, the details on her sleeves, etc.
Unread 06-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #9
Tallus
Koitsu wa, ore no BANKAI!

As crazy as it sounds, I have a button down denim shirt that, if the bottom were a bit longer, could be used for a realistic anime!Seras uniform. If you look around for the denim shirts patterns, I'm sure you'll find the one I'm talking about. It comes complete with the boob-pockets, AND the seams that go down the shirt between the front buttons and the underarm-seam.

I'd recommend looking online for some free patterns that help you get the concept of Seras' collar. I'll be damned if I ever see a Seras cosplayer who ever remembers that her uniform has a turtle-neck, and not a half-assed "scarf" bit on top of a regular shirt collar.

Also...Please please PLEASE don't get your boots from Hot Topic. She wears simple grey (or black) boots with a fold-over cuff just above the ankle. There are no buckles, no laces, no velcro strips...it's a pull on ankle-boot.

She also doesn't wear obvious makeup. No lipstick, no eye shadow, no blush...she's a cop for pete's sake...it makes me sad every time someone thinks it's a good idea to put makeup (especially lipstick) on Hellsing characters. NOT ONE wears any.
Tallus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #10
Legatosgurl
I am a BANANA!!!!

Ok, this has more to do with the accessories at the moment, i'm just curious.

I've tried using a plastic ziplock bag and hotgluing/sealing it, but that didn't look as good as I'd hoped it would. >< Suggestions?

Final Fantasy - Physics not included.

Cosplay 2012:
MLP: DJ PON 3
Soul Eater: Tsubaki
Legatosgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #11
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Wow, been a while since I started this thread. Oh well, bumping!!

I'll be looking for patterns tomorrow at Denver Fabrics, since I intend to start on my Seras. I did a lot of thinking about it, and I'm gonna go for the "winged" version of Blood Seras in Manga volume 7. Still, I'll be looking at tops, though. Thanks for all the recommendations, everyone!

Now, I gots another question for the Seras community... Her gloves. Where do you find gloves like that???
Unread 08-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
DianaTenoh
Friendly Neighborhood Cat

Bridal shops that sell gloves probably have them. They look like these thin tuxedo gloves that my dad has (had..he passed away, but we still kept his things)

Let us know what you find!

-we love cats. we love games. thus we love www.vgcats.com
DianaTenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #13
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Hey, all! I was digging around in search of patterns, and I found a couple in Butterick that may do the trick! Take a look!

Top:

http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/di...em_num=4607but

It's a western-style top, structured and with pockets (yay!), and only needs some minor modification to work.

Skirt:

http://www.butterick.com/item/B4613....s_pants&page=3

This is a basic, pencil skirt, that, once modified for length, will be just perfect! I personally wanted something a little more, er... taylored to my rear, as it were. Heh.
Unread 09-07-2007, 03:03 AM   #14
Cylanu
Ruler of Tapioca and Yarn

Hey, guys! I'm new to cosplaying and I was playing with the idea of cosplaying as anime!Seras since all I have to do is cut my hair a few inches and style it a little. Dying my hair is a big no-no. D":

Anyways, I've got the basic idea down for making the shirt since I'm going to be doing it without a pattern(the shirt looks fairly complicated, but it's mostly just tedious work), but I can't figure out how I'm going to pull of the whole YOWZA!-sized breasts. They appear to get larger and larger as the series progresses, and I'm only comfortable with toting around a fake D cup. Any suggestions as to what I can use to make them seem more realistic? I played with the whole "seal some water into two plastic bags and stuff 'em in a bra" idea, but that didn't seem right since it would've made my whole chest look uneven and blatantly fake. I'm going for the whole Baywatch-meets-Hellsing thing but it doesn't seem to be working out. Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Cylanu is offline   Reply With Quote