Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 06-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #1
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

Irregular shaped shoulder armor (Final Fantasy IV Cecil Harvey)

Allright, I have been looking at armor tutorials for shoulders all over cosplay.com
and reading them. However, I got everything down except this one piece of shoulder armor (the one with the large horn. Here is the reference pic of my Cecil Harvey I'm planning.)

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff4/amanoart/ff4_24.jpg

Now, if you look closely, near the armpit area, its irregularly shaped. Not only that, it looks like the shoulder armor looks like its put on like a t-shirt sleeve (not as in put over your shoulder but vise versa, if that makes any sense). So I ask, how can I make this where it is lightweight

Edit-New link.

I thought wonderflex would work but I thought it might be too stiff to where I couldn't move my arm (because of the curves near the armpit area and it looks as though it goes under it as well.)

Paper mache, I rather avoid and fiberglass is too heavy. I thought of leather but I'm going to paint over this and it might chip and I don't think it would be a good idea.

If someone can help me interpret what the hell is going on with Amaro's design with the shoulder armor and determine what to use for the material and how it would REALLY be appreciated.

Last edited by mirrorsaber : 06-25-2007 at 06:56 PM.
mirrorsaber is offline   Reply With Quote