Hi Ya'll, this is my 1st tutorial, and im gonna be teach'n you how to make Scrolls like in Naruto, and all the pictures are at the bottom after the instructions...good luck and have fun.
1. supplies -- scisors, bulldog clip, possibally a large cutting buard, cement glue, small dowel rods (your disgression) and i used small wooden thread spools that the dowels fit in, and last but not least...a roll of paper, yes a roll...go to a craft store/drafting supply store.
2. cut the dowels to the sixe you'd want, me i made them big enough to fit into the pockets on my Kakashi Vest, but make sure to plan ahead by marking where the end caps will be so you can get the appropriate size.
3. this is where all hell broke loose for me...the cement glue insta dried on my fingers lol...but nehow... glue the endcaps (I used wood spools) onto the ends, ad let them dry.
4. while all the wood is drying cut the paper by unrolling it AS YOU CUT (if you need 2 cut)...this will take a pretty good amount of time but its worth it to have 1 sheet on the scroll not 150 sheets...when your a good few minuts into this check the wood, and if its dry put some glue on the rod in a line and take the end of the paper and hold it down on the glue for as long as comfortable, then add some glue to the opposite end of the rod, and wrap the paper around tightley and hold down there...whjen your done with that put glue on opposite side (where you put the 1st line) and wrap tightley, and hold down.
5. after all that glue-mania, begin wrapping tightley till you get to where you were cutting on the paper roll, and put a bulldog clip on it so as to stop it from unrolling, than continue cutting and rolling till your happy...
6. add a string or sumtin to hold it all together and your done...Happy...
dowels and spools.JPG
put the spool on and add more glue to holes.JPG
let the cement glue dry.JPG
cutting the paper roll in half.JPG
- this is all at your disgression so have fun with it
- my paper roll was too wide, so as i was unrolling it i was using my large cutting board to cut it in half while unrolling it so ican make 2 at a time (it is a pain in the beginning but it pays off...
- DONT GET GLUE ON FINGERS lol...
- listen to loud music lol
ROCK ON PPL