Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 06-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Rishka

Dragoncon -Trinity Blood anyone?

Hi everyone! Since this is my first post on this forum, I guess I better introduce myself. I'm a college student in Augusta Ga and I'm new to this whole cosplaying thing but by no means new to costuming or to anime! I've been a Larper (live action role player) for ten years or more and I'm thinking that this won't be much different except I won't have to worry about keeping track of my hit points or spell column lol. I also did some small scale - I guess you could call it cosplaying - when I was in high school with a local Star Trek fan club. Unfortunately an ex-boyfriend threw out a bunch of my stuff a few years back and my TNG costumes went with it.

Anyway my best friend and I are really interested in embarking down the path, so to speak, of cosplay and trying out our first costumes at Dragoncon and we were hoping there might be other people going who are already doing Trinity blood groups that we could maybe meet up with... *looks around hopefully*... since that's what we've decided to do.

So I guess what I'm asking is how does this work? It seems like it would be more fun to play with a group than with yourself... err that didn't sound right hehe. We have three people already and would just like to meet up with and maybe hang out with others when we get there. At the very least we'd like to meet some other cosplayers from our area since we don't know anyone else yet.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Rishka
Rishka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I know several people are planning Trinity Blood costumes for DragonCon, but don't know what day they plan to wear them. Hopefully we can all get together to get groupshots
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
AuroraCeleste

I'll be shipping my entire Rose Queen Esther dress out there to wear, but I'll only be wearing it Sunday until around 7:00 pm. I'd love to set up a picture shoot sometime Sunday that doesn't conflict with the Harry Potter costuming panel (which hasn't been set for a time yet, but hopefully will be soon!). I know Kerri will be bringing her Lilith, and I hope Cat will bring her Empress Seth outfit, too.
AuroraCeleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #4
Rishka

That sounds great! It would be nice to get some cosplay pics anyway since I have exactly zero right now, and I'd love to meet some of you. ^_^

I'm going to try and come as Astharoshe and my friend is coming as Seth also. Not sure how complicated the costumes will be the first time around but I don't believe in doing anything half arsed if I can help it. I'm trying to get my SO to come as someone too...he's leaning towards Brother Petro, but he's kinda lukewarm about the idea lol. I promised I'd dress as Sister Paula on the day he does Brother Petro if I could get a costume made in time. Asta is my first choice however.
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
Tallus
Koitsu wa, ore no BANKAI!

I'm gonna be bringing a non-Kresnik version of Abel 2.0 (where he's got the gold/bronze armor instead of silver.) Space Invader is bringing Mirka Fortuna, and Uchiha is bringing Seth.

TB FTW!
Tallus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
Elendriel
God of Mischief

Hm... for this I will be bringing my 2 artbook versions of Ion Fortuna and Issak

*Planned cons for 12*
WW Chicago, TVD NJ, Dragon*Con, AWA, NYCC, Chicago TARDIS, Youmacon, TVD Orlando
Elendriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #7
Digital Blush
Nextcon: Dallas Comic-con

Like Tallus said I'll be there as Seth Nightlord. Also RabidFanBoy is making Cain ^__^

Digital Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #8
Rishka

Wow this'll be fun I think. ^_^
It's official then, my S.O. is going as Brother Petro. My best girlfriend is going as Seth...although she's not sure if she wants to go as Empress Seth or tea seller Seth. She'd be cute as either, imho. I'm going as Asta, and possibly Sister Paula one day since her costume is suprisingly simple to pull off (believe it or not lol). Definately Asta for the photo shoot if we do one. I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone!
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:28 AM   #9
Rishka

Update: One more for the photo shoot! My little sister (14ish) is going as Wendy from the Neverland Episode of the anime series. ^_^
Unread 06-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
Elendriel
God of Mischief

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...2&member=46611 just wanted to share my Ion cosplay I finally finished it!

*Planned cons for 12*
WW Chicago, TVD NJ, Dragon*Con, AWA, NYCC, Chicago TARDIS, Youmacon, TVD Orlando
Elendriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #11
Rishka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedSchemer View Post
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...2&member=46611 just wanted to share my Ion cosplay I finally finished it!
Bravo! That looks fantastic. I hope mine turn out as well. ^_^
Unread 07-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #12
Rishka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedSchemer View Post
That looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in person!!
Unread 07-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #13
rabidfanboy
Otokogurui

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha View Post
Like Tallus said I'll be there as Seth Nightlord. Also RabidFanBoy is making Cain ^__^
YUSH! I be doing CAIN!!!

*is excited*

~rabidfanboy.com | Adventures in Cosplaying~
rabidfanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #14
Rishka

Nice to finally meet you rabidfanboy ^_^

Got an update on my little sis...she wants to go as Pope Alessandro instead. I got her fabric ultra cheap too so I'm going to sew the bones of it together today. She's got the perfect hair and height for the pope too!

I had a funny moment when I went and visited at home last week. My mum only has a vague idea what cosplay is and when my sis told her what she was going to go as my mum had this look on her face like she didn't know if she should be offended or not lol (Our family is traditional Roman Catholic). Needless to say I changed the subject really quickly before she could decide whether she was offended enough not to let me steal my little sister for the weekend lol.