Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Fanime

Unread 05-02-2003, 10:52 PM   #1
positivespace
Foam Pool Noodle

Weapons Policy Experiences

Hey everyone, hope all of you are doing well.

My friends and I will be bringing prop replicas of Rikku, Yuna and Paine's (from FFX-2) weapons to Fanime and I was wondering if we should be worried that they won't let us take them in. I've heard that Fanime's weapons policy is pretty strict... so I thought to ask you guys what your experiences have been with them.

Thanks, y'all... hope your costumes are going well. =)

Unread 05-03-2003, 12:18 AM   #2
Pyorokun
That is right, with a fro

I don know how strict they will be, cause they took away several ppl's guns (even a blow-up baloon for a knives costume) and yet they left almost all of the Titus' swords alone.
It is worth a shot tho.
Pyorokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2003, 12:46 AM   #3
K_Valentine
I shoot people.

Supposedly it's nothing that resembles an authentic weapon or anything that can be used as a weapon. But the people who confiscate weapons are like people who fish: Do you ever catch ALL the fish?

Pretty much carry at your own risk.
K_Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2003, 03:35 AM   #4
Aoshi Shinomori
Bishounen Senshi

from my past experience. they will probably tell u to put it back in your room. i had a fake ninja sword.. but they told me to put it back in my room.. so replica of guns or toy guns will probably be asked to put in the room. u can try to be sneaky if u want, but thats up to your own descretion. id like to see the weapons too.. try to bring them to the gathering.. and lets hope security doesnt pounce on everyone carrying props like they do the past years.
Aoshi Shinomori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2003, 09:38 AM   #5
positivespace
Foam Pool Noodle

X-2 Yuna without her guns drops her ass-kicking level a couple notches, but I can understand why they wouldn't want people running around with replicas... even if they are painted silver and gold like Yuna's. ;D

I'm not sure we could be sneaky with any of our weapons... Rikku's blades are about half the size of your leg, Paine's sword is about 4' long... LOL...not exactly stuff we can stick in a bag, you know?

Thanks for the responses... I guess if they get all sensitive about it we can always walk the stuff back to our car (since we live semi-near and won't be getting a room).
positivespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2003, 07:05 PM   #6
Aoshi Shinomori
Bishounen Senshi

yeah what i found weird was that i was hassled by the con staff not the hotel staff.. the hotel staff were admiring the swords and stuff while the con staff told us to put it away.. we were walking in the hotel and didnt get hassled till we got into the convention center. but i guess they are just high on security
Unread 05-04-2003, 03:27 AM   #7
Catatonic_Van

I'm taking my Yuna guns too, but I'm not going to deal with getting told to put 'em back like at Katsu(not even ONE photo in the con area! x-x) I'll just get pictures taken outside. If there are plans to organize an FFX-2 group lets plan 'em outside.
Catatonic_Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2003, 01:20 PM   #8
Ruri Hoshino
~*Forbbidenly cute*~

my friend who's going to probably dress up like Kagome again, she brough a bow with fake arrows(the ones that don't have arrow heads but those types of arrows for kids, I frogot what their called) and the staff caught her, but they just told her to put the arrows away that the bow was fine. I guess it also depends who catches ya as well if their in a good mood or not ^.^

-"Seraph" Malice Mizer

Ruri Hoshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2003, 01:29 PM   #9
positivespace
Foam Pool Noodle

Catatonic_Van, there's going to be an FFX/X-2 gathering at 3pm on Saturday... we're not sure where exactly yet, though. =)
positivespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 02:09 PM   #10
MordSith
victory!

geez, what a bunch of punkasses. good thing dagger fights with a rod. guess this means a no-no on the crossbow when i make marle's costume. bloody punks.
MordSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2003, 10:09 PM   #11
yasafusa
FLAT AS A CAT

Oh bloody hell; I forgot (or misplaced the rise in airport security) I'm going to fly from Tulsa OK to SanDiego CA... What am I going to do? Rally Vincent is all bout GUNS... Especially the really cool Duo that is on a spring loaded rod in her sleeve! Maybe I'll still make the little bracket and spring loaded thingy and mount an orange water gun! I had better not walk into the airport nowdays carrying like Rally; even if they're plastic!!!
yasafusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2003, 01:20 PM   #12
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

you can fly with guns in your luggage. Even real ones. What you have to do is pack them in your check in bags and if they are real, they must be unloaded and the ammo must be in a different bag than the gun (or at least in a different pocket in the same bag) When you go to check in they should ask you if you do have any fire arms or weapons. Say yes, and they're prop weapons if they're non-working and you won't have a problem. Or say yes if they're real and state that they're real. Every piece of luggage will either get scanned through a machine or opened and looked through by TSA staff so either way it'll be make sure that every piece of luggage is safe to go on board. Remember do not lock your luggage anymore, if you do, they'll just cut of your lock.

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2003, 01:38 PM   #13
Aoshi Shinomori
Bishounen Senshi

ohh i wanna see a Rally Vincent cosplayer. one of our friends cosplay as the Bean Bandit heh
Unread 05-29-2003, 02:39 AM   #14
bANgZ
instrument of your death!

i'm wondering if the toy guns with the orange tips are allowed, if anyone knows about it, please post
bANgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2003, 02:48 AM   #15
Isaldur
a.k.a. OoTLink

Heh. Toy guns are one thing toy swords are another.. I imagine those won't be a big deal as long as they're noticably blunt.
Isaldur is offline   Reply With Quote