Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club

View Poll Results: Should I cosplay Hunni-Sempai?
Yes :] 9 37.50%
No your way to tall! :[ 15 62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 07-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
Rawrzellers
Rawrzellers

Ouran Cosplay?

Okay so I want to cosplay Hunni-Sempai but the thing is, is that I am 6' 1" and still growing but I like to act very childish but not to childish and I really would like to be Hunni-Sempai but I am afraid that people might put me down :[
Rawrzellers is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

To tell the truth people will probably think you're cosplaying Tamaki, since their hair is similar...

You should find a really short Mori and pose with him or her. X) It would make for really funny pictures.
Varnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
Rawrzellers
Rawrzellers

Hehe well the Mori I am going with is taller then me but maybe not for long because I tend to grow most of the time in the summer..... damn my efing tallness!!!!
Unread 07-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #4
chris-chan
the one and only

im only 5'6".

but yeah, youll probably will be confused for tamaki-sama. why did they have to make them look so much alike?
chris-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 01:22 AM   #5
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

Good luck if you still plan on cosplaying as Hunny, I've done him before and
I'm 5'4/5'5. He's a fun character and as long as you act like him, you should
be fine. Cosplay is about having a good time and not worrying about height etc
Usachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #6
Atashi
Touhou Unflappable

No, please don't do it, you'll ruin Hunny's image. There's only so tall you can be before you can't pull off a good cosplay anymore. You're better suited for Tamaki, who is hyperactive in his own way and officially 6' tall.
2010 | Haruhi - The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya | Eva-Beatrice - Umineko no Naku Koro ni
2011 | Minori - Toradora! | Chen - Touhou | Recette - Recettear | Menma - AnoHana
2012 | Nadeko - Nisemonogatari
Atashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
No, please don't do it, you'll ruin Hunny's image. There's only so tall you can be before you can't pull off a good cosplay anymore. You're better suited for Tamaki, who is hyperactive in his own way and officially 6' tall.
LAWL, that was kind of harsh. I know its true but you could have said it in kinder terms. If you want to cosplay as Hunny, go ahead. Though, it be kinda funny. I'm only 5' 3", your way taller than me. Maybe, try Tamaki. Hes childish himself, you know.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #8
IzumiContraband
It's body temperature-nya

I like the idea of tall Hunny and short Mori...XD
Hate to say it, but...yeah, it will probably confuse many of your fellow con-goers to see Hunny about a foot taller than he's supposed to be. However...we can't all be perfect for what we want to cosplay. So if you're dead-set on Hunny, go for it. : )
Unread 07-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #9
Rawrzellers
Rawrzellers

But I am confused wouldn't the pink bunny kinda resemble that I am Hunny?
Unread 07-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
Rawrzellers
Rawrzellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Yeah you could have said that a lot better >:[
Unread 07-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #11
Rayonea
Stubbornly Optimistic

I say do it. I'd much rather see a really tall Hunny that is having fun and cares about the character than a shorter one who is just going along with the theme. ^_^

And really? No one is going to be dead accurately short. Hunny is a little taller than the other characters' waist. It's VERY unlikely that you'll find a Hunny cosplayer who is actually that short.

And walking around with the flippy hair, a bunny, and a Mori cosplayer? Chances are you're not going to be mistaken for Tamaki. I would think that if they've watched the show, they wouldn't make that mistake.

If you're worried about it, spend some time and get some poses together that make you look shorter, or that de-emphasize your height. Sitting on the floor, hiding behind your Mori, or maybe if Mori can pick you up, you could do that. Try the poses out, and look at what you're doing in the mirror, see what works best for pictures.

Also you might want to check out this thread. And more specifically this post about tailoring if you want to look shorter.

Go for it, and I hope you have fun with your cosplay. ^_^

Last edited by Rayonea : 07-09-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Rayonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #12
Rawrzellers
Rawrzellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayonea View Post
I say do it. I'd much rather see a really tall Hunny that is having fun and cares about the character than a shorter one who is just going along with the theme. ^_^

And really? No one is going to be dead accurately short. Hunny is a little taller than the other characters waist. It's VERY unlikely that you'll find a Hunny cosplayer who is actually that short.

And walking around with the flippy hair, a bunny, and a Mori cosplayer? Chances are you're not going to be mistaken for Tamaki. I would think that if they've watched the show, they wouldn't make that mistake.

If you're worried about it, spend some time and get some poses together that make you look shorter, or that de-emphasize your height. Sitting on the floor, hiding behind your Mori, or maybe if Mori can pick you up, you could do that. Try the poses out, and look at what you're doing in the mirror, see what works best for pictures.

Also you might want to check out this thread. And more specifically this post about tailoring if you want to look shorter.

Go for it, and I hope you have fun with your cosplay. ^_^
OMG YOU BOOSTED MY SELF ESTEEM POINTS BY LIKE A THOUSAND THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #13
Hedgehogey

If it helps, you could always get a Mori cosplayer and have him wear platform shoes. Or just kneel below the camera's angle for photos.
Hedgehogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #14
Rawrzellers
Rawrzellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
If it helps, you could always get a Mori cosplayer and have him wear platform shoes. Or just kneel below the camera's angle for photos.
That works to thankies much!
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
Roleplaywulf
Cosplay is good eats

Oh gosh. Don't listen to them! If you want to go as Hunny, go for it! As long as you keep his hair looking like Hunny's and carry Bun-Bun, you'll do fine!

Wulf ||| DeviantART

«Next Convention» Ohayocon
«Finished»
Toon Wolf Link (retired)
«In Progress» Klonoa, Um Jammer Lammy, Josh (SH5)
«Planning/ On Hold» Toon Link, Lucas, Donald, Midna
Roleplaywulf is offline   Reply With Quote