Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 07-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #16
AnimeAngel
Back in Black

I really had a lot of fun at Metrocon. ^^ It was fun seeing everyone again and getting the pleasure to judge your costumes at the costume contest. <3
AnimeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #17
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Can someone post links to their pictures? I had friends that went and would like to see pics please ^^
Unread 07-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #18
athena-chan

Hey! I just go online after metrocon and I wanted to make a shout out to every one who helped me out running all the events.

It was my first time running events of this size and there where a few things I just hadn't thought about. I also want to apologize to any one who had their music messed up on Saturday night. I think it was extremely rude of the judges to make it seem like it was your fault when it was most defiantly not. I am very sorry about the mix-up. We are making plans that should help with the music situation next year. I was handed a contest this year that was already halfway planed and we will be changing quite a few things for next year.

If you have any feedback to give about the costume or cosplay contests, please contact me at metroconcosplay@gmail.com

If you were in the costume contest and want your reference photos back please contact me as well.
athena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #19
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Yeah, this had to be the worst con experience for me....ever. But that's not Metro. Except I was mad about the Masque being on Friday night instead of Saturday night. It's hard for me to get to cons on Friday due to my mom's work -___-

But that's just me. I like....totally fractured my elbow on Friday. So my weekend was painful. Now I'm recovering for AFO.

Oh, requesting pics of my friends...there was an Ichigo, Uruhara, Howl, Kamina and Kisame. Thanks. ^^
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #20
Leenus

I was cosplaying Edward Elric I was the shortest one there and used my real bottle blonde hair XD I would love to see them!

some of my photos are at my deviantart the rest I will post when I get my prints back on the 12th. damn digital camera wait being longer than regular and I did get 2 8 x 10 <.<
http://lleen-ja.deviantart.com/ <--- some photos located here.

I had a blast I ran around with the huge FMA group hung with Papa hoho XD met vic for the hundreth time went to laura baileys panel and vics hung around Prota-girl! met people had so much fun I will be attending next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prota-Girl View Post
MY pics will be developed tonight! ^^ I`m going to get them tommorow morning!|YAY1!!
I can't wait to see the photos of us XD no more piggyback rides You Dropped ME!! lmao XD
Unread 07-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #21
Digitallica
kendraphoto.com

I was a Final Fantasy XI Red Mage on Friday and Larsa from Final Fantasy XII on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone got any shots of me or the FFXII group, please let me know. ^_^

As for the con, I had a blast! I was really glad to have met the people I did, and I was glad to see the FFXII group was well received.

Hope everyone had a great time as well. ^^

Digitallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #22
wwfjph
IT'S A TRAP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspher View Post
I had a blast I ran around with the huge FMA group
I was another roy who hung out with that group also, it was sometime on saturday and went around getting our pics takin for at least 30 min until the group broke apart. So I'm hoping to find those photos if anyone has theme.

Planned 2014 Cons
Omni Expo
Spooky Mayhem(maybe)
Florida Supercon
Metrocon
AFO
Dragon*Con
Shadocon(maybe)
Holiday Matsuri
wwfjph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #23
Leenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwfjph View Post
I was another roy who hung out with that group also, it was sometime on saturday and went around getting our pics takin for at least 30 min until the group broke apart. So I'm hoping to find those photos if anyone has theme.
yeah I remember you XD I have one group picture on my DA if you want to see if your in it, the walk around was insane we went around down stairs up up stairs alked around then went back down stairs twas insane.
that zolf kimbley we had was badass XD
Unread 07-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #24
havokgrl
*Brain Ninja!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrebyrne View Post
Metro was fun. But was it normal for the things to start WAYYY late? It seemed like everything i went to was starting late. I think at one point we were 30 min late for the Masq and the line hadn't move in yet heh. But overall, Metro was fun. I took tons of pictures on Hotaru230's camera instead of mine, so once she gets those up i'll or she'll link ya.

for cosplays, at the Masq i was Helios going with a ChibiUsa, and then Matsuda from Death Note on Saturday.
I saw you in line for the ball, first helios/pegasus cosplay ive seen

so here are my pics I took!
http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j119/Havokgrl85/
Kurenai - Naruto

Last edited by havokgrl : 07-09-2007 at 05:58 PM.
havokgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #25
Kiba_kun
The Doctor

Just got home.

Metrocon was great this year, I have alot of fun. Took alot of video and some pics. Hope to have the pics up within the next few days.

I saw a few of you guys there. For those I didn't see, hope to see you at another con. Next up for me is AFO. ^_^

I had alot of fun, hanging out with Prota-Girl, EGLpirate, Spook and vinylgrrl on Satruday.

Next Convention:
Megacon:
Tenth Doctor: Doctor Who
Kyon: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Connor Temple: Primeval

Facebook

Last edited by Kiba_kun : 07-09-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Kiba_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #26
wwfjph
IT'S A TRAP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspher View Post
yeah I remember you XD I have one group picture on my DA if you want to see if your in it, the walk around was insane we went around down stairs up up stairs alked around then went back down stairs twas insane.
that zolf kimbley we had was badass XD
i remember seeing you there, dont think i talked to you though. and ya, i actually knew the Kimblee from Jacon he was the Havoc there. We kept running into each other and he blew me up every time lol. Ya I'm not in that pic on DA. I don't think you were apart of it when me and my friend jumped in. In my opinion. I think I was the best mustang there. I just didn't have the height for him. But then there were only like 3 of them haha.

And Hibiki31, i remember seeing you there. They used your dog in Whose Line is it anime. That was hilarious. Best part is when they used favorite anime quotes from people in the audience. I put All female officers will be required to wear tiny miniskirts! lol everyone knew it was me haha.

Planned 2014 Cons
Omni Expo
Spooky Mayhem(maybe)
Florida Supercon
Metrocon
AFO
Dragon*Con
Shadocon(maybe)
Holiday Matsuri

Last edited by wwfjph : 07-09-2007 at 07:04 PM.
wwfjph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #27
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

I had a great time meeting everyone. =3

My only seeming concern would be to perhaps have things a little better coordinated in the future so that costume contestants can have more time to attend other events before the contest begins--that, and having the contest on Saturday. Teeny tiny crowd!

Support your local Paladins and Vampire Slayers.

Team Awesome, Wolf Pack Elite, and Awesome Industries

Current Works in Progress:
Mathias Cronqvist: Castlevania, Lament of Innocence
???Richter Belmont: Castlevania, Harmony of Despair
???Smoke: Mortal Kombat 3

BayushiKachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #28
negativedreamer
Dream in the Negative

Hey all... Looking for any pics of me from Metrocon. I was Ganondorf on Sunday and Ryu Hiyabusa (Ninja Gaiden) the other dayz.

dA: http://negativedreamer.deviantart.com/
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/negativedreamer
negativedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #29
Sacryed
Fantastical

It was my first time at Metrocon since they moved into the convention center. I had such a good time! The chess match was amazing, and so was that FFXII group. :3

I can't wait to see more pictures!
Jacon 2008
Otacon 2008
AWA 2008

Next Costume:
Luffy (Artbook Kimono) for Janicon
Sacryed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #30
havokgrl
*Brain Ninja!*

Metro was a blast this year, I personally thought that it was better than last year. The chess match was awesome (Pooooor Sailor Moon) I got to catch some panels...Whose line was hella funny (Yaoi Boy/man) and I got to meet some awesome ppl from here :

BayushiKachiko, Spook and Chief...hope to see you at AFO if your going

The Masq. Was great from what little time that we were there. Especially the guy dressed up as Jareth the Goblin King and then the very 1st song they played was Magic Dance from the labyrinth (LOL) awesome.

I got to meet YAYA HAN, she is truly and awesome person, really nice I got a couple of pics w/ her. Love it

The only thing was that the mascots werent really in anything, not like last year.

So next up is AFO, my very 1st AFO ever!
Kurenai - Naruto
havokgrl is offline   Reply With Quote