Unread 07-09-2007, 09:07 PM   #31
Chiefy
Model Magic Queen

Havok you got my picture I love you!!!! xD

Im hoping to go to AFO for one day. I will let you know! ^^

Unread 07-09-2007, 09:11 PM   #32
Eclipseofsorrow
:)

athena-chan: haha, Thank you so much for switching our skit time back(CHinese Lion dance). xD Even then, our samurai was hella late because he stopped off at his darned Saiyuki panel. And- Your Tamaki cosplay dancing backstage before the costume contest FTW. xD I was amused atleast, but it made me wish I had nekozawa on at the time. And- you make a good Mori. o_O; Multi-talented. xDD

On the other note; I was dissapointed this year. I don't know what it was, but Metro-con just seemed so...not metro-coney. I really ended up spending more time in the hotel than anything else. Although, I did manage to get a paper airplane from floor 16 into the lobby fountain. ;D I don't think it was the con. so much as certain people I was hanging out with and what not. xD Oh, and our panels were mixed up for Anime Clue, and then after we FINNALY got all our actors signed up, Joe from Chaos Prod. Lost our clues, so we had to cancel anyways. =/

Uhm, Metrocon needed bigger rooms for a few panels, and with the costume contest, I questioned a few decisions they made. Ah well. x3 Oh, next year; have the contestents line up somewhere else. >__> People kept bumping into us near the front by the doors and one girls wings got bent.
Short version:
More panels. Bigger dealers room. Shorter/ more interesting Chess match(fell asleep twice ;>_> ) One side winning the whole time? Boooring.
Eclipseofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #33
Tranquility

I had fun at Metrocon! A lot of things went wrong for my friends and I, like injuries beforehand and then the hotel losing my cousin's suitcase with all of her costumes and everything else in it. We got it back late night Friday after the rave..they had put it in someone else's car and she was two hours away before she realized that she had the wrong bag and had to come back and switch it. The con itself was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokgrl View Post
Yay, we liked your Vampire Hunter D.. that's my cousin as Morrigan and me as Lilith. Thanks for the pic! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipseofsorrow View Post
On the other note; I was dissapointed this year. I don't know what it was, but Metro-con just seemed so...not metro-coney. I really ended up spending more time in the hotel than anything else. Although, I did manage to get a paper airplane from floor 16 into the lobby fountain. ;D I don't think it was the con. so much as certain people I was hanging out with and what not. xD Oh, and our panels were mixed up for Anime Clue, and then after we FINNALY got all our actors signed up, Joe from Chaos Prod. Lost our clues, so we had to cancel anyways. =/
The con did seem seem to have a different vibe compared to the past four years. We spent a lot of time at the hotel too. Watching everyone from the 16th floor was really entertaining. At what other hotel can you see girls with poofy skirts running around the halls with airsoft guns, Colonel Sanders carrying pizza through the lobby, and the king and queen of the Cosmos riding a glass elevator? Hahaha.

Last edited by Tranquility : 07-09-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #34
Tranquility

Whoops, double post.

P.S. Chief-chan, we loved stalking you again !
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:59 PM   #35
Chiefy
Model Magic Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquility6487 View Post
Whoops, double post.

P.S. Chief-chan, we loved stalking you again !
LOL!!! You had to add that! xP We should stalk each other more often ^,~

I hope your going to AFO Saturday because I plan on wearing Hsien-ko again ^^
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #36
*Kai*
Giga-what?

I had a blast at the con, though I was sad that the costume contest was on Sunday rather then Sat. I felt the contestents were kind of cheated, but *shrugs* just my own opinion.

The dealer's room was kind of small too compared to other years. ^-^

But I LOVED the Chess match!!! It was sooo awesome! I can't until next year!!!

Oh, and I was Winry and Kadaj for the con. ^-^ Although, the straps on my Kadaj messed up that morning so it was sort of off. T_T I was carrying mother though, so people semi-recognized me. I doubt I'll wear it in the summer anymore though. XD

~Kat

Current Con(s) for 2013:
  • Animate Miami
  • Megacon
  • Florida Supercon
  • MetroCon
  • Dragon*Con
  • Chibi-Pa

*Kai* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:21 PM   #37
Igsia

It was my first metro and it was awesome ^.^ I'll be posting up pics soon enough when I get my CD. It was so much fun and I met so many people. This was really the best con I've been to. I'm definately going to next year's metrocon. And I really liked the events (especially the chess match) that was kickass.
By the way if anyone has pictures of me (I was Prisoner Rukia with the white zanpaktou and a Renji, too) please let me kno. Thanks ^.^
Igsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 09:21 AM   #38
Hotaru230
has healthy scepticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrebyrne View Post
Metro was fun. But was it normal for the things to start WAYYY late? It seemed like everything i went to was starting late. I think at one point we were 30 min late for the Masq and the line hadn't move in yet heh. But overall, Metro was fun. I took tons of pictures on Hotaru230's camera instead of mine, so once she gets those up i'll or she'll link ya.

for cosplays, at the Masq i was Helios going with a ChibiUsa, and then Matsuda from Death Note on Saturday.
and here they are!
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...Con/?start=all

i was pre-scar Mello on fri
Small Lady Chibi-Usa at the masquerade
Kyo and post scar Mello on sat (only Mello with the scar!)
and young Mello on Sun

oh and i was the Mello shooting all the Lights on Sat : P
Hotaru230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #39
ArcaneKani

I'll post my pics up soon with any luck. XD
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #40
Vahnm
Rudy Roughtnight, wut.

Nyo~ So far, noone has any photos of me. ;o;

I wasn't there on Sunday, but I was there on Fri and Sat. I think I saw just about every L, Light, Ed, Roy, etc. I saw even some Magna Carta cosplayers there.
Vahnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #41
EbonWingedAngel

Awesome time again this year! Great seeing everybody, and a TON of very nice costumes.

I was unable to stay through the end of the costume contest on sunday. Who were the winners?
EbonWingedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #42
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakukitten View Post
I had a blast at the con, though I was sad that the costume contest was on Sunday rather then Sat. I felt the contestents were kind of cheated, but *shrugs* just my own opinion.

The dealer's room was kind of small too compared to other years. ^-^

But I LOVED the Chess match!!! It was sooo awesome! I can't until next year!!!

Oh, and I was Winry and Kadaj for the con. ^-^ Although, the straps on my Kadaj messed up that morning so it was sort of off. T_T I was carrying mother though, so people semi-recognized me. I doubt I'll wear it in the summer anymore though. XD

~Kat
NO WAII!!!! I must see your pics!
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #43
KyonaAitoshiima
Jilly Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief-Chan View Post
I hope your going to AFO Saturday because I plan on wearing Hsien-ko again ^^

Holy crap! You were the Hsien-ko? I couldn't recognise you with the makeup on xD I was Nagase at Megacon, and I let you borrow my batons! And this year, I was the girl who walked to your table and slammed the female Lord Raptor figure on it, then apologized and walked away xD

Upcoming Event/Costumes:
AFO '07 Groups

Resident Evil
Pending...
KyonaAitoshiima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #44
olemontecnoo
*rookie cosplayer*

here are some of my pictures! i'll post more soon <3
everyone looked amazing! my hachi costume was nothing compared to you guys!!!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...4&member=26092

Up Next!! Chibi-Pa <3

2007 Cosplay Schedule:
Naminé from KH2 - 100%
Nana 'Hachi' Komatsu - Black Stone Fan Girl Outift - 100%
Reira - Trigger Tour Dress - 80%
Matsumoto Rangiku - Bleach Group!!
olemontecnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #45
makio
resident slacker

Chief-Chan --- If I can make it to AFO Saturday, I'd love to get pictures of the DarkStalkers costume(not enough people cosplay it these days!). It sucks that I didn't have enough time this past weekend to go around and get pictures of everyone or even make it to the photosessions. I was just too busy helping alongside other MetroCon staff. :\

"Then what am I supposed to believe in? What am I going to leave behind when I'm through?"
-Raiden, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
`````

Last edited by makio : 07-10-2007 at 12:48 PM.
makio is offline   Reply With Quote