Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Air Gear

Unread 07-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
Q-Tron

Air Gear: Air Trecks

hey guys..i'm tryin to make sum working AT's and i'm having problems with how to make them look like the AT's from Air Gear..i'm not quite sure how i could do that without molding my own plastic which i don't know how to do..if ne1 knows how i could do this or has ne idea then plz help me out by posting..(or just pm me)....
Q-Tron is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
prismswordsman

Hi. I'm actually trying to accomplish the same goal. It depends much on how accurate you want to be and how much money you're willing to spend. No matter which way you choose though, I'd recommend using actual skate boots since normal tennis shoes don't give enough support to prevent you from hurting your ankles.

Option 1- Just take the two wheels off the middle of a skate and shave the middle of the chassis. Cover the sides with a painted paper mache shell or wonderflex.

Option 2- Get a normal skate and remove the entire chassis. Then, buy a c-channel aluminum bar with the proper dimensions (depends on what size wheels you want) and cut the bar to a proper length. Next, drill holes in the bar where you want your wheel axles to go. Finally, attach the wheels and cover the skate with paper mache or plastic to make it look like an AT. This method probably takes the most time and is a bit more difficult, but is the most accurate.

Option 3- Buy a set of speed/ racing inline skates with 5 wheels per skate. The second and fourth wheels will be in perfect placement to resemble an AT, so just remove the extra wheels and shave off excess chassis. You can be very accurate with this, but racing skates are at least $120-$150 minimum unless you can find them on eBay or something.

Option 4- Buy a set of normal inline skates and remove the chassis. Also, buy "caster wheels" (aka shopping cart-style wheels) off the internet or local Lowes. Then, epoxy/screw the wheels onto the frame and cover with paper mache/wonderflex to make the asthetics.

Anyone else got any ideas?
prismswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
Jupiter~Moon

I agree with prismswordsman and honestly if you have the money i'd go for option 3. It's the easiest but also its the most expensive.
Unread 10-03-2007, 01:01 AM   #4
AcuraRacer32tl
Rock Lee and Air Gear?

I'm actually in the process of making some right now. I have most of the parts I need, and a few more are on the way. A soon as everything is here, I'll start making them.

The Air Trecks I am making are pretty much a RC car and rollerblades put together. As soon as I get everything done, I'll post pictures and stuff along with it. (In a few weeks)
AcuraRacer32tl is offline   Reply With Quote