Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Air Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #61
chris-chan
the one and only

so whats your idea on how to do it?

Unread 07-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #62
Q-Tron

shape it out of styrofoam. cut part of it in. cover with wonderflex. insert foam to protect equipment. (the part that contains the electronics is also gonna be removable)
Q-Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #63
chris-chan
the one and only

might work. but if theres too much foam, the electronics will over heat. so be careful of that. and i wasnt gonna make my electroics "rack" removable. i was running into problems with making it removable woth my design, so i decided to make it one solid structure. i hope my idea works though. and i have a quick question, how do you plan to rig you pressure sensitive switch for you acceleration? im trying to figure mine out, but i dont know how i wanna do it. oh, and i forgot to to put an on/off switch onto my list, its gonna be mounted on the outside in the frame so that its easily accesible but wont get knocked off if i hit something.
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #64
NiceGai44
Imma let you finish!

oh cool I would actually love to by some in the near future since I got my spitifre cosplay once I know they were safe. I can see these happening in the future.
NiceGai44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #65
Q-Tron

well i have button mounts from little mcdonalds toys that i took apart...(i'd be happy to send you some) and the pressure sensitive button itself just goes right onto the mount...wire the mount to the battery and you have a switch...
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #66
chris-chan
the one and only

so its just a button? thats easy to find. i wonder if the buttons on my old xbox controller would work.
and yeah, it would be good to have these for cosplays, and yes, we have to make sure theyre safe, if my pair ends up not being safe, im not wearing them till they are.
oh, and with the button, im thinking about putting it in the shoe and having a little port for wires in the sole so i can just plug in the wires before i put on the trek. what do you think?
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #67
Q-Tron

sounds good...you can get little things that the wire go in so u don't have to twist them every time...u can just plug them in...
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #68
chris-chan
the one and only

thats what i was thinking. little connectors so that its just plug and play.
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #69
Q-Tron

yea...my little bro just got out his XMod and I'm thinking of using an XMod motor for the AT's...they have pretty good speed considering those little boogers can get up to about 50 mph and the speed can be changed into torque.......
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #70
chris-chan
the one and only

i have one of those two. and the fastest we were able to get in my old neighborhood was about 20 mph. they got some good speed, but think about how small they are, that motor will probably push you around at a slow speed, but it wont even move if i got on it.
and i just finished my agito based treks. im pretty happy with this design, i think this is the one i might end up building.
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #71
ningyobaka
digidork

http://www.skatelog.com/skates/motorized/

i knew i had seen motorized skates before. http://www.motoboard.com/

they don't look liek air treks but they work. a kid in oklahoma had a pair. he lived a few blocks away.

Last edited by ningyobaka : 07-16-2007 at 03:35 PM.
ningyobaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #72
chris-chan
the one and only

i did some reserch before starting this and i checked those out. they just dont excite me. i mean, all they are are a pair of rollerblades with a weed whacker engine on them. i could make a pair of those in my garage in no time and it wouldnt cost me $700 either. i dont know, to me these seem more like fun. plus i feel like im helping the enviroment cause theyre electric instead of gasoline powered.
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #73
ningyobaka
digidork

to make the electric your still gonna be polluting. and when i was thinking of making my airtreks this is what i thought about. strapping a motor to the back of my modified rollerblades.

it's one easier and two me a bit more safer since it's been done. i know this works, and a little less likely i'm gonna kill myself. from it exploding due to builing error. though an engine on roller blades isn't really safe no matter what. and my dad helping me with this project (or me being able to do it infront of him) is a no go on my side. i've broke both my wrists one was on skates so dad isn't about to let me strap a motor to mine.

though if anyoen gets an engine working taht's under your feet and it works safely. make sure you patent it. though i would highly suggest the hand controls to any foot controls. cause you shift your wieght and foting to keep your balance while skating.
ningyobaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #74
chris-chan
the one and only

electric motrs dont polute our enviroment. and thats why were using one foot control, so that we dont have to worry about confusion or anything. or so thats the reason im using them.
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #75
Q-Tron

firstly, tell me how the electric skate is polluting? secondly, i use to aggressive inline skate, so i don't know where you're coming from having to shift weight to balance. any good skater would also know that to go forward you naturally have to lean forward when you skate, so leaning forward to start it would only make sense. if u mean by just fiddling with your toes you would take off, i'm not worried, because i wouldn't make them near that sensative...