Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
Kazahaya
confused

Where can I find Uwabaki?

So, uwabaki, those lovely little shoes that japanese students have to wear inside the school. For those who don't know what uwabaki are: if you saw Tokyo Drift remember when the dude had to put on those white shoes with the colored soles? Those are uwabaki.

Still don't know? Here's a short clip from the movie where you can have a laugh at the guy, and learn what uwabaki are. =D

Uwabaki Time!

Anyway, the cosplay I'm gonna be attempting (Itsuki Koizumi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) happens to wear them in their little dance thing. And I was thinking it'd be pretty cool if the group I'm in could get ahold of them.

The problem: we deeeefinatly don't live in Japan. These are school items, and as far as I can tell are not easy to purchase. Anyone know a site that sells them? Particularly white with red and blue soles?

Thanks for any help!

Kumoricon 2007
Kazahaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
Cosplayangel09
Haruno Sakura FTW

um, i was in japan last week and i went to scholl there the week b4. we wore uwabaki, but us american hs kids, of course couldnt buy the uwabaki they ave there, so we just went with those flat ballet type shoes with the soft outsides. they hurt my feet tho.u could buy ballet shoes?
"If he rips my arms off, I'll kick him to death! If he rips my legs off, I'll bite him to death! If he rips my head off, I'll stare him to death! And if he gouges out my eyes, I'll curse him from beyond the grave! Even if I'm torn to shreds, I'm taking Sasuke back from Orochimaru!" -Naruto(Shippuuden)[/center]
Cosplayangel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
Crimson Firefly
Paku Romi Wannabe

I found some being sold on Amazon.co.jp. The ones in that particular listing are blue and white, they also have black and white and completely white ones listed.

Ayanami Rei [Evangelion]
Kuma [Persona 4]
Sheila (update) [Mahou Shoujotai Arusu]

Crimson Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #4
STN-8527XPS
The Death Marshal Society

There is a ebay website that sells them through there called (passing-fancy) as user i.d. or you can go directly to the main site called www.passing-fancy.com and everything ships out from japan and is a little lengthy for delivery due to CBP/TSA customs check. so order in advance!
STN-8527XPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:31 AM   #5
AkaHana413

http://passing-fancy.com/cosplay/uwabaki.html

try this
AkaHana413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I bought these ones for my K-On! cosplay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Japanese-Schoo...em2ea6e2 bbac

They haven't arrived yet so I can't tell you what they're like, sorry.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
Smurfasaur
ebay addict

jlist.com has them
Smurfasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
kiratsukai
culture shocked

They cost 600-900 (under $10) yen at the grocery store in Japan ^^; As long as you have small feet, anyone who lives there can get you a pair supercheap reguardless of where they live.

The prices people are charging at import are pretty silly with that taken into account.

I can get you a pair in red, blue or white for $15 with SAL shipping included as long as you're a 24cm or under. PM meh.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 04-03-2011 at 11:12 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 12:37 AM   #9
junrey45

Uwabaki are a type of Japanese slippers worn indoors at home, school or certain companies and public buildings where street shoes are prohibited.
Traditionally, Japanese people dislike wearing the same shoes indoors that they wear on the street, so they take off their shoes when they enter the genkan or entrance hall and put on footwear designated for indoors use.
junrey45 is offline   Reply With Quote