Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Closed Thread
Unread 08-29-2002, 06:15 PM   #1
DJ(SiC)ness
Kyo For President

Im starting to think i go to the only school in Las Vegas with no anime fans.

Uggg today i was in my japanese class, and my teacher asked who watched anime. I was the only kid in the room who raised my hand (well there was another kid but he was wearing a DBZ shirt and everything he had was plasterd with DBZ) Than she asked who dosen't know what anime is? And the entire class raised there hands. I was shocked.

Also that day i was wearing my Nerv uniform ( grey work shirt with Nerv logo patch on left shoulder and small patch that says "U.N. NERV" above my right pocket on the chest ... I LOVE THAT SHIRT!) And nobody said anything to me about it. I mean the logo patch is pretty big and any anime fan would reconize the Evangelion NERV logo.

Im about to give up!

WHERE ARE ALL THE OTAKUS AT BONANZA HIGH SCHOOL IN LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 08-29-2002, 07:05 PM   #2
Yggdrasil Pie
WRYYYYYYY

Aww...that's sad. There maybe some anime fans there...err...maybe they're just shy?
Unread 08-29-2002, 07:24 PM   #3
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

I can't see how you could be shy about saying you watch anime, but I guess that's an answer... Anyway, you're lucky you even HAVE a Japanese class T-T
Unread 08-29-2002, 07:43 PM   #4
Scoti
Lv. 99

well I have to say that really sux DJ(SiC)ness..but think of it as an opportunity! you can introduce the class to it, use it as a teaching tool for practice lol. Your final project could be subtitling =P

damn I wish I had a japanese class all I get to choose from is French, Spanish and German....
Unread 08-29-2002, 08:07 PM   #5
Ukayoru no Chou
Visually Oriented Culture

Yea, took me a while to dig out some of the ones at my school, and none of them are "otaku-ish" or fangirl/fanboy-ish, they just know DBZ , and Salior Moon.

I do lend them tapes and uch, and they like them... but its not clicking... I tell them to get online and look up the "sub-cultre" that this is ^-^;;

*ahem* anways....
Unread 08-29-2002, 08:51 PM   #6
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

I know at my HS (I went to Cimarron--go Spartans! XD) there were a few anime fans. Not a lot, but the few of us that were there traded tapes a few times ^_^. But there's an anime club at the community college (Cheyenne campus, I think -- their website is http://www.meijinkenryoku.org but it hasn't been updated since May), plus there's a class at UNLV about anime. Click here to check it out. However, the UNLV newspaper says it starts tomorrow, not in September, from 3 to 6 PM. Hopefully some of this info will help or interest you ^_^.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Unread 08-29-2002, 10:51 PM   #7
Jinx
Making a Comeback?

I know how you feel, DJ. There weren't any real anime fans at my hs in Phoenix, AX. In fact, there seems to be a BIG shortage of otaku in Arizona total. I mean, there are people who are into Sailor Moon and other anime that's on tv, but no one knows about the conventions, seiyuus, j-pop, manga, ANYTHING!! I did know of two guys.. both of whom I went to jr high school with... one dropped out. -_-;; The other is still my friend.

I'm now just starting at NAU and there seem to be a lot of otaku in my Japanese class..

Unread 08-01-2004, 10:24 PM   #8
|<ingMag
OrdinaryMutantDictator xD

Your in luck! actually not.... I graduated from Centennial... sorry dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ(SiC)ness
Uggg today i was in my japanese class, and my teacher asked who watched anime. I was the only kid in the room who raised my hand (well there was another kid but he was wearing a DBZ shirt and everything he had was plasterd with DBZ) Than she asked who dosen't know what anime is? And the entire class raised there hands. I was shocked.

Also that day i was wearing my Nerv uniform ( grey work shirt with Nerv logo patch on left shoulder and small patch that says "U.N. NERV" above my right pocket on the chest ... I LOVE THAT SHIRT!) And nobody said anything to me about it. I mean the logo patch is pretty big and any anime fan would reconize the Evangelion NERV logo.

Im about to give up!

WHERE ARE ALL THE OTAKUS AT BONANZA HIGH SCHOOL IN LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xanga.com
Myspace.com
Unread 08-01-2004, 11:08 PM   #9
Shinobu
Make me Shining

At least u have a japanese class....it kinda sucks that no one likes it, but since your teacher knows what it is, bring in some subbed or just raw as an excuse for language excersise!
Unread 08-01-2004, 11:21 PM   #10
BlackDelo
The Otaku Godfather

the name of your school is "Bonanza"?! wow.....thats kinda different.
Unread 08-01-2004, 11:23 PM   #11
mukino_kuneka

Erm. . .What does this have to do with cosplay?

And I'm an anime fan, and I don't know what the NERV thingie is.

AND why was this thread ressurected??? It seems that alot of pointless threads have been ressurected lately.

Last edited by mukino_kuneka : 08-01-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Closed Thread