Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 07-17-2007, 05:38 AM   #1
Killmesarah
Notorious B.I.T.C.H.

Jump Festa 2007

Still trying to figure out the details, but I found this on FansView's website:

http://www.jumpfesta.com/

Its apparently promoting Shonen Jump, but appears to be a cosplay event too. And it's in December, which means I'll have money! lol

Anyone planning on going to this?

Unread 07-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I've been planning on it, but they haven't updated the website for 2007 yet. :/ The 2006 event was apparently called "Jump Festa 2007" as it pertained to the following year, haha. I guess we can assume the event for this year will be around the same dates, which are good for me.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 03:03 AM   #3
Roleplayer

I'll be there, probably doing Kakashi, or Grimjaw if I get around to finishing that costume. (Tho winter may be too cold to go open chest! Kakashi costume is all warm )
If you guys are going, we should go together, attending Japanese events is always better with a sheild of gaijin friends I have found, even for Japanese speakers like me!
Roleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Ah, I had wanted to update this thread! The site finally updated for this year's event. It's going to be December 22-23. This both works and totally doesn't work for me, haha. My birthday is the 22nd and I'll be at Tokyo Disney Sea all day then. Since I'll be in Chiba anyway at that point, I'll probably want to stop by for a bit on the 23rd. I don't think I'm going to want to cosplay, mostly because I don't have any Jump costumes with me.

Gaijin shield? ^^; I had a lot of fun at TGS because I talked to the Japanese cosplayers and had fun posing with them. While I have no problem hanging out with other foreigners, I'm curious as to why you think it's better to do so. :3

Unread 10-06-2007, 05:43 AM   #5
Roleplayer

Well, i meant more, its good to go 'with people you sort of know' then wander around a con alone. True for any con, in your home country or foreign country, I find. Even if its people you dont know that well its still good to have 'your group' you can chill with, then wandering around solo all day!
Going with lots of other Japanese friends you *have* is also a great option! however my Japanese friends aren't really the type to attend cons
And when I say shield, I meant, one or two other gaijin, so you dont feel quite so alone! I was also being slightly tongue in cheek
Maybe I'm just shyer than you!
Roleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 06:19 AM   #6
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Hahaha, I dunno, I've been going to cons so long that I don't really worry about attending by myself or not. Honestly, here in Japan I've found it sometimes easier to explore on my own and really experience everything without worrying if the rest of the group is okay... though that may change once we all have cell phones here, heh.

I dunno, I feel plenty ... uh, alone is a sad word but we'll use it, on a daily basis in Japan since I'm not quite Asian, so being at a con isn't much different. XD Besides, I saw tons of other foreigners at TGS so I'm sure some of the other bigger events near Tokyo will be the same.

I hope none of that sounded too depressing.

That said, I won't be by myself at Jump Festa in particular since my boyfriend will be visiting at the time. I think he'll stand out even more than I do, though! He's 6'4" so he'll be easy to spot, literally. That way it'd be easier to meet up with people, too.

Unread 10-21-2007, 05:39 AM   #7
Roleplayer

I'll be at Jump Festa doing Kakashi! if anyone wants to accompany me doing a Naruto themed character, let me know! Shippuden or Original, either is fine, I'd rather attend with at least one one person, being my first time cosplaying in Japan or at a large event >_>

Or if you just want to attend Jump Festa with another English speaker
Unread 11-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'll be attending Jump Festa with another English speaker anyway... XD Unfortunately I'll only be there in the early afternoon for a little bit, I think. If you can find me and my very tall white boyfriend, feel free to say hi!

Unread 12-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #9
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Soooo we're no longer attending this. Our schedule is getting pretty full and I'll be happy just going to Comiket anyway. Take lots of pictures!

Unread 12-13-2007, 06:35 AM   #10
iroha
Less Talk More Rokk

I'm going to be at Jump Festa this year! I'm likely going for part of the day on both Saturday and early Sunday - I'm flying out Sunday afternoon, so I booked a hotel in Chiba. I'm not cosplaying, but I'm interested in meeting up with fellow English speakers Getting together might be difficult as my keitai will be cancelled by then, but if anyone is interested, maybe we can set a time/place to meet. Otherwise I'll keep an eye out
iroha is offline   Reply With Quote