Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 05-05-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
Sundance Kid
Vash's #1 fangirl!!! ^_^

Question I have never done a skit before. Could someone explain it to me?

Hey guys,

I am going to my first convention at the end of May with my friends and I wanted to participate in a masquerade. It's just that I have no idea what a masquerade entails. I mean, I know it's a skit, but how do you sign up? Do you have a script or is it an improv? Also, is it a contest? I need some info here. Could ya help me out?!

Sundance Kid

*still smooching Vash and Yugi*
Through the travail of ages, amidst the pomp and toils of war, I have fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars. As if through a glass and darkly, the age-old strife I see...I have fought in many guises, in many names, but always me...-General George S. Patton

VASH, SPIKE, AND HATSUHARU ARE MINE!!!!! *among other various hotties*
Sundance Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-07-2003, 06:57 PM   #2
Sempai

Yup Yup! It is a contest. The cosplay contest usually takes place as a main event on Friday or Saturday evening. Depends on the Con.

And you definatly need to have something planned.

Sign ups are sometime durning the convention. Go to whatever the cons website is and look for sign up times.

There is also usually pre-judging, which takes place at a seperate time also. There is a limit and a lot of people enter.

If you have music or anything special you need to have done you will need to speak with the coordinators during whatever rehersal they have.

Then you show up for the contest (if you qualify) and stay backstage until it is your time to go on.

I hope that helps a little. I might be wrong. Good luck to ya. What con you going to?
Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2003, 10:42 PM   #3
Sundance Kid
Vash's #1 fangirl!!! ^_^

Thanks a whole bunch! It helps me a lot. I am going to A-Kon. R u goin'? We have an Inuyasha cosplay group. I'm Inuyasha, my friends are Miroku, Kagome, Sango, and maybe Schippou.
Unread 05-08-2003, 06:07 PM   #4
Sempai

Talking

HAI HAI! OMG! I will be sure to look out for you and your group! I loooovvee Inu Yasha! You might be glomped. lol

I will be part of the Evangelion group. I will be Rei Ayanami in her plug suit. My friends will be Asuka (plugsuit), Shinji, Gendo, and Misato. !

Ja ne! A-kon= The shiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #5
Sundance Kid
Vash's #1 fangirl!!! ^_^

Thanks! I will be sure to look out for you as well! I bet your outfit rocks! I love Inuyasha too! It's one of my all time favorite anime's ever to hit american shores! i can't wait til they come out with the episodes on DVD. By the way, do you have a playstation or ps2? Cause if you do, there is a game out called Inuyasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale. It looks awesome. I hope to get it soon. Is this your first convention?
Unread 05-09-2003, 05:03 PM   #6
Sempai

Hai, hai! I have both. I am gonna buy the game after A-kon. It looks so awesome but I am not spending a dime until A-kon. I don't have much anyway.

I did have 2 volumes of Inu Yasha on DVD,but i was an idiot and sold them. I refuse to keep paying 30 bucks for 3 episodes when I can buy a whole friggin season on ebay for 30 bucks. *Gee, I wonder what the better deal is.* That ends my rant of stupid American DVD's. Gomen.

I am really ticked off at Adult Swim, too. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO STOP SHOWING EPISODES!!!!!

Any way, back on topic. This will be my 3rd. I have been to A-kon 13, Itzakon, and A-kon 14 in a few days.

Are u coming from out of state? Do you make AMV's?
Unread 05-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #7
Sundance Kid
Vash's #1 fangirl!!! ^_^

No I am not coming from out of state. Actually, I live in Frisco, so I'm not too terribly far from where it is. That's why I'm not staying at a hotel. One: I don't have the money. and Two: I can just get up early and drive there every day anyway! By the way, do you happen to know when the convention starts. I mean I know what day's it's on, but I don't know what time it starts each day. Also, in answer to your second question, I don't have a clue as to what AMV's are!
Unread 05-19-2003, 09:43 PM   #8
Darkness DEMON
Banned

sundance have you forgotten about me you clutz??!!!!!!!
no not everyone is going as inuyasha group
i will be going as yoko kurama so we would have two "animals" in the group ggggrrrr sunny if you think you can get away with you and your memory 'shortness' i otta bonk you on the head ggggrrrr
Darkness DEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2003, 02:39 PM   #9
Sundance Kid
Vash's #1 fangirl!!! ^_^

Yo darkness DEMON, rember this was the was posted before I knew you weren't gonna be sango...no duh. What have you been smokin? *looks suspiciously at you*
Through the travail of ages, amidst the pomp and toils of war, I have fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars. As if through a glass and darkly, the age-old strife I see...I have fought in many guises, in many names, but always me...-General George S. Patton

VASH, SPIKE, AND HATSUHARU ARE MINE!!!!! *among other various hotties*
Unread 05-25-2003, 01:55 PM   #10
Sempai

Angry

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD!!!!!!

I won't be wearing my Rei Plug Suit. I have to go in my Rei fuku.

fun..........*cries*
Unread 05-25-2003, 02:05 PM   #11
Sundance Kid
Vash's #1 fangirl!!! ^_^

Sorry about that Swmpai. *weeps for you* I share your pain. *Sends you sympathy*
Sundance Kid
Unread 05-27-2003, 05:29 PM   #12
Darkness DEMON
Banned

uh 1st thing 1st not smokin just bangin on the wall SK dont kno what you thought of!!! sempai uh r u going to a-kon? if u r i would like to meet up with you if that is ok. oh and SK you spelled sempai's name wrong ^^^^ hahaha you need to learn names.
Unread 05-27-2003, 08:12 PM   #13
Sundance Kid
Vash's #1 fangirl!!! ^_^

Oops ^_* My mistake! Sorry sempai *Meg bops self on head* hehe I'd like to meet up w/ you too. Sounds like a blast! Not to often a bunch of us freaks get together in the same place!

Sundance Kid
Unread 05-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #14
Darkness DEMON
Banned

yeah and uh sempai where r you going to be be when we would want to meet?mmmmm hey uh SK i ask some other people to give a yell out to me/you/us if they happen to see us.
BRAT