Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 07-18-2007, 09:52 PM   #1
angelzxdemonz
Ivi !!

Looking for Cosplayers for Skit!

(sorry for posting this thread in two different forums, wasnt sure which would be better)

Hey guys, for animeFEST 2007, my usual cosplay group is splitting up into two groups, and i now need a few more people (3-4) to be in our skit. We are planning on acting out parts of Bohemian Rhapsody, Phantom of the Opera, the Hare Hare, and Go ninja

the idea at first was just to do Bohemian Rhapsody, but with the probable diversity of the cosplayers, (i being Jibrille and my friend being Lucifer from angel sanctuary, and then nekozawa from ouran) so we will be acting out "favorite types/genres" of anime. what we have thought of so far:
Techno Phantom of the Opera--> Drama/shojo (the pretty people, crazy costumes, and scary storyline)
Bohemian Rhapsody--> Comedy/Crazyness (we were hoping for some ouran cosplayers/naruto)
Samurai(ddr song?)--> Historical, like kenshin, samurai champloo, small battle
Go ninja--> Pirates VS. Ninjas, either a dance off between naruto kiddos and one piece people, or if POSSIBLE we were hoping of a jack sparrow cosplayer :] (" wheres my rum? i REALLY dont care if pirates win the war or not, as long as i get that rum you promised me!")

in the end, the Hare Hare, from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia, and it would be wonderful for a Haruhi Cosplayer <3
----
so thats the idea open up right now, cosplay rules on www.animefest.org say five minutes for a group of 5 or more. we will probably all meet on saturday before the competition and practice in a open area on the lobby level.

please PM me or leave a note in this thread if you are interested!! As of now, anyone who is willing to perform at animeFEST and is not sure about their group can join!
angelzxdemonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
Honey Usagi-chi

I'm sorry, but last minute practice skits (especially dance offs) isn't a fairly good idea. I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything, but at noon you have to turn in the sign-up sheets by then, 2 is actual rehearsal/screening of the cosplay, around 4 people are dismissed for 3 hours then the competition begins. And dancing, especially for people who haven't really done so much of that, will be hard to master in a few hours for most people and to get it clearly cued, in-sync, etc. Just trying to point some details out here =x And, during that time, people might have photoshoots or panels to attend as well :x
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
angelzxdemonz
Ivi !!

ahh yeah, youre right xD i thought of the same thing, but the people in my group were really hoping to do a skit this year instead of a walk-on, im just putting out a sticky for anyone that wants to try (the idea was just a vague concept that came up) and if not i think we will be going back to just a walk on

thanks for posting though!
Unread 07-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
Honey Usagi-chi

No problem, hopefully whichever you choose to do will work out x3
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelzxdemonz View Post
ahh yeah, youre right xD i thought of the same thing, but the people in my group were really hoping to do a skit this year instead of a walk-on, im just putting out a sticky for anyone that wants to try (the idea was just a vague concept that came up) and if not i think we will be going back to just a walk on

thanks for posting though!
Why do you feel the need to do a skit? What's so wrong with walk-ons?

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
angelzxdemonz
Ivi !!

theres nothing wrong with walk-ons( i love cheering for them <3) , its just last year we planned for a skit until the end too many people dropped out at last minute, and we didnt get to perform D:
Unread 07-20-2007, 03:40 AM   #7
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelzxdemonz View Post
theres nothing wrong with walk-ons( i love cheering for them <3) , its just last year we planned for a skit until the end too many people dropped out at last minute, and we didnt get to perform D:
This seems pretty last minute as is. I advise against it, but wish you well if you choose to go foreward with the idea.

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
angelzxdemonz
Ivi !!

ah thanks x] we were SUPPOSE to have started two months ago, but everyone has so much other stuff to do...
(i think ill just stick to a walkon :] )