Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 03-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
Selphie12

Noob cosplayer needs advice!

Hey guys, first time posting here. I decided I wanted to make my own cosplay for a con in the summer, but I've never made one before so I was hoping I could get some tips from veterans.
The cosplay I'm doing is Mafia Jinx from League of Legends, for those of you who don't know I'll put a link in:
http://www.leaguesplash.com/wp-conte...Mafia-Jinx.jpg

I found a sewing pattern that should work well for it with one or two simple changes:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...#axzz2gyXSQHL4

I've been looking for fabrics to match the colour and also the flapper style to the dress, and the one I found was a heavy-ish crepe material. However it only just dawned on me that there's probably a trick to working with the material that I don't know so if anyone has any experience, it's much appreciated.
Selphie12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #2
MaggieBob

What material is the crepe made from? Generally a crepe is easy to sew. But, some crepes, acetate crepe I believe, will shrivel up and become hard if you get them wet. A heavier silk crepe is a dream to sew. To get that ripple-and-roll at the hemline sew some horsehair braid (which is now made from polyester) within hem seam. Good luck!
MaggieBob is offline   Reply With Quote