Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Unread 05-08-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Exclamation One - Week Countdown

So one more week to go....

Is everyone getting ready in a calm, orderly fashion or have you trashed your house instead?

Just to be sure no one's getting too stressed, on Thursday afternoon/night before the con there will be emergency cosplay repair party-thingie available for anyone who needs help on final details (with some limited help the other nights...) Services include painting, wig cutting/styling, hair coloring, hot/super glue, wiring, make-up testing and passing out the ever-popular safety pin. A sewing machine may be coming if absolutely needed. So if anyone has something particular to request...
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2003, 04:09 PM   #2
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

Thrashed myhouse.....and will be thrashing a few others....(don't ask ^^)
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 06:34 PM   #3
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Do you have like some sanity in a jar I can borrow? I think I'll be all out by the end of the week.... 8-O
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 06:48 PM   #4
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

Bah! Sanity is overrated,anyway!
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #5
Troppy
That was... objectionable

house trashed. sanity shattered. Props, costumes, and dance memorization incomplete.

God I love ACen. ;D
Troppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 07:20 PM   #6
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

._.\/ *joins in the last-minute, 'Hey, I'm not working 17 hours a day anymore, maybe now I can find time to sew for next week' super happy fun sewing time. Yay.*
Lilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 08:39 PM   #7
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

::feels semi-bad because her family has been packed(including costumes) since Feb::
venus2869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 10:32 PM   #8
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

Tee hee. My dad/brother(mom seems to be okay with it for some odd reason) is going nuts, because I have yards of faux fur, thread, needles, fabric, glue sticks, metal wires, sticks, stuffing, styrofoam, paint, paint brushes, spray paint, pictures, laundry, costumes, prom stuff, and tons of feathers all over the house.

^-^' It doesn't help that my five cats decided to turn all the feathers into their play toys and have further scattered them throughout the house. I need to clean up by saturday.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2003, 05:55 AM   #9
Raider3
That Black Jack Guy

To put a spin on a term from Hellsing, I am the No Sanity King. I've finally acquired the last few items needed to finish up my Bean Bandit costume (It's been updated from what I was sporting at the SF Cherry Blossom Parade), and I'm currently in a mad dash to wash laundry so I'll have enough regular clothes to get me through until I return to California on the 19th. My Tanaka (Otaku No Video) costume is washed, folded, and packed, and everything else is coming along.

And, up until I fly out to Chicago on the 15th, I've got yet another anime gathering to attend on Saturday, dropping Mom off to the airport on Mother's Day (Flying to visit sister in Phoenix.), and, of course, work, meal preparation, and, as always -- Packing, checking flight reservations (Again), weather (always), praying the truck stays in working operation, and despairing over whether I'll get enough sleep to survive until I arrive at SFO airport in the wee hours of Thurs. the 15th (I've also been known as the No Sleep King as well.. )

To tell the truth, I haven't really unpacked from Sakura Con, and I'll probably have suitcases semi-packed through July, covering Fanime and AX... I guess they'll be set aside for a couple months until Ani-Magic in October. Now, to dump the digicam mem cards, and charge up the digital camcorder... ugh.
Raider3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2003, 02:27 PM   #10
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

HOLY CRAP! ANIME CENTRAL IS NEXT WEEK! *Faints*
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2003, 04:06 PM   #11
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

I'm in the I-hope-I-get-to-the-airport-on-time fright. The madness already started two weeks ago when I started having nightmares loosing a costume piece or two. Luckily, I asked my mom to mail me my white pumps for my karen costume. ^^;

All clothes are packed, got the food rations, and going to pack right after my theatre final. ^^
Nadeshiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2003, 05:42 PM   #12
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

._. ... *guiltily unpacks the 10 pairs of boxers from her suitcase*

... *coughs*

^-~ Hehe *stops goofing off and runs back to her sewing machine to SEW*
Unread 05-09-2003, 05:50 PM   #13
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

I have two sleeves! I have two sleeves!
(You need to have played Skies of Arcadia to understand how ground-breaking that is. It took me over 7 hours of hand-sewing.)
Unread 05-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #14
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Saaa, looks like I've been caught ^^; That's right, I -AM- the Boxer Queen!!! OO-HOHOHOHO!! *sends an unholy army of boxers out into the night to do her bidding*

I wonder if they could help me sew costumes? ^^;

...And why do I feel as though that comment is going to come back to haunt me somehow? *uwuuuu* T_T

._. Why is Rosiel hand-sewing? (Is it like a detail thing, or did something unspeakable happen to your machine? O.o)

^-^\/ Speaking of Skies of Arcadia! Did you still want me to bring along Fina for Happy Fun Posing Time?
Unread 05-09-2003, 11:58 PM   #15
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Mizuho...but you've been done with your costumes for a while, haven't you? ^_-? Erg, Kreli will be done, I think by tomorrow, altho I have since destroyed the previous comfortable aspect of the costume in favor of it like staying on me instead. Um, I'm already thinking of the upgrades I could do for AX and Ota, tho (especially in terms of making it not so thick and heavy...Nisan must be one cold town.)

Mew, mew, Lilli....we all know you sacrifice the boxers to the Minty Lord. It's not too weird. Besides a couple extra for those freak ketchup storms is a must. (Imagines an extra con day due to severe condiment weather.) Um, er, my Lida may not make it, so it might be a double helping of Kaoru in his stead. I'm still not too stressed about rushing to finish, but erg...I should have tried to have gone for kung fu Lida this year if I thought ninja Lida wouldn't be quicker to make. Ack, and I probably was gonna be the only Psycho representative at ACen too....I'll still be pushing silly videos on passers-by, however. ^_-

Oh yeah, what I really need to do is get art show stuff prepared...yeah, I always put that off for some reason...
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote