Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 05-09-2003, 12:29 AM   #1
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Yuna's different staffs

Hi I am cosplaying as Yuna from FFX and I was wondering if anyone either had some suggestions on how to make a good staff, and also if anyone has any links to a site or something that shows her various staffs. I know she has a lot and I don't want to just use her "typical" one. But I have only really seen pictures of like maybe 3 others. Well, if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!
Jess-Jess is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-09-2003, 02:13 PM   #2
Akutenshi
x.x

Well, it depends on which staff you'd like to use...

http://www.driftingheart.net/yuna/
click on sphere of character and then weapons...you can click on the name of each staff and see a pic in a pop up window.

I'd suggest using PVC to make the shaft and anything from plastic to sculpey to fiberglass to make the tops....like i said, depends on which one you want to do.
Unread 05-09-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Thanks! That's some awesome help I was thinking of making the rod that has the little blue/turquoise sphere on the top of it, simply because that would be the easiest to construct. It would be really cool if I could make her Nirvana weapon, but I assume that that is damn near impossible...Oh well
Unread 05-09-2003, 05:16 PM   #4
Akutenshi
x.x

Not a problem...and if you were gonna make the ball then it would be pretty easy..you can use paper mache or find an existing lightweight ball and use that ^.^ Nirvana wouldn't be impossible..you could make it out of plastics..but it would be harder to do than the ball
Unread 05-10-2003, 06:08 PM   #5
MordSith
victory!

the larger staves wouldn't be so hard. the handle is SCREAMING "I used to be a mop!!!!!"

Then I'd try to contact some really good Edeas and see how they made their back piece, b/c it looks like the top of Nirvana would be constructed in a similar fashion. I'd love to see someone cosplay her with her ultimate weapon. It'd really make you stand out in the very big crowd of Yunas.
MordSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2003, 06:57 PM   #6
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Nirvana would be awesome, and I have seen someone cosplay with it! In fact, here's the link:
http://www.driftingheart.net/yuna/mu...a/cosplay.html
She's the first girl in the first row. It looks awesome! I wish I had craft skills like that lol. Well, talk to you guys soon! ^.^

Jessie >^..^<
Unread 05-10-2003, 09:08 PM   #7
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

I'm not cosplaying as Yuna (or ever plan on it), but I want her sheilds... they're so pretty... *sigh* Whenever I get my hand on some Plexiglass, it's sheild time ^_^.

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2003, 11:01 PM   #8
yuffieleonheart

LOL i was gonna post that pic of jayjay!! ^_^ her staff rocks so much *_*. lol well mine was carved out of wood and a metal pole ^_^ *i was surprised they let me walk around with it in katsu >_>* ^_^ then i wrapped the pole with ribbon and painted the wood
Unread 05-12-2003, 06:42 PM   #9
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Wasn't it really heavy then? It looks like now I won't even have a staf, lol...Maybe for Metrocon!
Unread 05-12-2003, 10:15 PM   #10
krystal1314
Cheesemists

Quote:
Originally posted by yuffieleonheart
LOL i was gonna post that pic of jayjay!! ^_^ her staff rocks so much *_*. lol well mine was carved out of wood and a metal pole ^_^ *i was surprised they let me walk around with it in katsu >_>* ^_^ then i wrapped the pole with ribbon and painted the wood
*drools* Her staff rocks sooo much!!! Me want one! LoL...
I'm also attaching a pic of her FFX group, and gebus, they all have AMAZING weapons!! I wonder how they make those?! o_O
Probably the best almost complete FFX group I've seen!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ffxgroup2.jpg (83.0 KB, 27 views)
krystal1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 12:09 AM   #11
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

That's a great pic! Man...they put a looooottt of time into getting all that together...Wish I had that much patience! lol