Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 05-09-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
Scortia

How to REDUCE the curves

Sort of in contrast to the male crossplayer thread about adding hips, I'm interested in how the female crossplayers can lose those curves. I'm severely trying to reduce my hips so I can look more boy-ish before A-kon. Can anyone recommend good exercises that pinpoint hip and breast reduction? ^^;;

Unread 05-09-2003, 01:41 PM   #2
Menchi
Tee hee <3

there is a thread about binding your breasts, an i think in another thread (ya will have to search for it i cant remember off the top of my head) mentioning the hip thing for girls. it is posted somewhere an dont realy remember, but either way a search will yiel the answers ya need ^_~
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2003, 06:03 PM   #3
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Exercise: Running and other activities (like martial arts) will trim the lower body down and tone it. (I guarantee it - but also be aware that it doesn't happen overnight!) You will get butt, hip and thigh reduction, but you can't get rid of bone structure. As for breasts - losing body fat will trim that. They are mostly filled with fat. (Personally, I think binding should pretty much take care of the "problem". ^^ )

Since the underlying build is still "girl", I think a major point is disguising with clever costuming. Emphasize shoulder width (shoulder pads are good), don't take in the waist tight like a "girl" costume, and keep the waistband of the pants loose and lower on the hips to achieve a less curvy look. For more info, do a search on the older threads in this forum - there was at least one that covered this subject in great detail.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2003, 11:52 PM   #4
Vashu

a good exercise for the breast region is doing push-ups with your fingers all togheter and like.. pointing each other.. in the normal push-up, your fingers would getsomethat like these
llll, ,llll
in the one i'm talking about, they would get like these
_ _
_ _
_ _
_ _
- -

try to put your hands lined with your shoulders and when you go down your elboy should point the oposite direction that your fingers are pointing, like this
_
_
<- _
_
-
(the arrow shows the direction that your elbow should point)
and please, be VERY careful to do not force your shoulder muscles, or you could really f*ck them up

if you can, go to a gym and ask one of the professors there which would be the best kind of exercise for you.. even better, do it before trying to do any push-ups or any other kind of exercise

i really hope you understood al i've tried to say.. ^^"
Vashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 09:42 AM   #5
Scortia

LMAO at the finger drawings. That was cute. ^.^ I'll try that exercise as well as a lot of running and Pilates and ballet/karate stretches and kicks. Thank God college is out so I have time for this stuff now. ^^; While I'm still a rather thin person and don't have too many curves to think about, my genetics puts all my weight into my hips so it is frustrating. It's fun to see my mother's reaction when I scream "God, why do I have these big hips! I wish they'd be narrow like a boy's." I'm a little reassured since last night I tried on one of my cosplays and discovered the magic of jeans that are too tight... the hips, as well as your ability to breathe, disappear! ^^;; But, if hips aren't too big they can be an advantage for appearing like a feminine male character.
Unread 05-11-2003, 01:05 PM   #6
Vashu

glad you liked the "drawings"... ^^"
another really great thing to do (and better than any other XD) is swimming.. it can be done every singles day, since it doesn't cause any friction in the joints and all that stuff.. but don't push yourself too hard when you're doing it, or you can have cramps or faint, and that is really serious when you are swiming ^^"

P.S.: what is "LMAO"? ^^"
Unread 05-11-2003, 04:26 PM   #7
Scortia

Yeah, I'd usually be swimming now for exercise, but my pool is having issues this year. ^^;; LMAO means "laughing my a$$ off" ^^
Unread 05-11-2003, 07:40 PM   #8
Vashu

hope you fix your pool soon, then ^^"