Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 05-09-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Not Another Final Fanasy Seven cosplay group

As of now,you're probabl rubbing ur lice-filled heads with confusion asking yourself "What is this craziness he speaks, and why does my butt keep on bleeding?" Well can help you with the anal problems folks, but what has started as a running gag has transformed into a cosplay group of sorts. Satuday night (time and location to be decided), we'll be turning the FF7 characters into the sterotyphical punk at ur mall...so far we got

Something Lulu-Goth Tifa (a pretty pretty hate machine)
Neoangelwink-Raver Aerith (She'll pour her glow stick into ur mountain dew!)
DJ Ranma S -MC Barrett (If anyone knows how to make parachute pants, tell us!!)
Me-Slim Strife (Don't be hatin'!!....this is the only way I'll ever pull of a Cloud costume)

So if u wanna join in on the ass-grinding stupidity or have any questions about it, say so....and made props if anyone comes as Cid Vicious or Mall-punk Yuffie.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-09-2003, 11:16 PM   #2
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Cid Vicious. I love it. What does Mall-Punk Yuffie include? Do you have these stereotypes all figured out?

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
neoangelwink
waiting

^_^ this going to be great
neoangelwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 03:04 AM   #4
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally posted by Michi
Cid Vicious. I love it. What does Mall-Punk Yuffie include? Do you have these stereotypes all figured out?
Lol. Mall-punk Yuffie would be some sort of Yuffie cosplayer, with a outfit bought from hot topic, or one of those "trendy-rock" stores kids buy their crap from now a days (note to mall punks, real punks don't spend 75 bucks on a pair of plaid pants, you posers). And no, only Cloud, Aerith, Cid and Yuffie were the only sterotypes i thought up of, which, if we get a Cid or Yuffie, they can choose another one (Personally, I think Cid Viciou works so much better than say, Cid, the Geek, but that's me....)

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 05-11-2003, 10:01 AM   #5
Tribble
Those Eyebrows.....?

I'm planning on brining a Cid as one of my 3 outfits for the weekend. What does this Cid Vicious entail, mabey I can make a few changes so I can do both.

http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/5...o_sig_copy.jpg
Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #6
kurohkku
indifferent

I'm in for sure. I'm basing my Zack costume off of a punk fanart I did.
kurohkku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 10:35 PM   #7
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Well you don't HAVE to be Cid Vicious. Any variation of senior Highwind is fine, but if you want to know what u need, I'll be more than happy to lend ya a hand.

And cool koorhku, can u show me the pic, so that we can give you a title?

Unread 05-12-2003, 12:17 AM   #8
Something Lulu
ROCK FACTS

Re: Not Another Final Fanasy Seven cosplay group

Quote:
Originally posted by Starwind824
Something Lulu-Goth Tifa (a pretty pretty hate machine)
LOL!
Looks like I need to start up my own supply of goth accessories. (I've been borrowing other people's so far.)
What about a thugged out RedXIII? lol (How would someone even *do* that?)

CHris will now "clearly" be known as Slim Strifey.
Unread 05-12-2003, 05:04 PM   #9
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Re: Re: Not Another Final Fanasy Seven cosplay group

Quote:
Originally posted by Something Lulu
LOL!
Looks like I need to start up my own supply of goth accessories. (I've been borrowing other people's so far.)
What about a thugged out RedXIII? lol (How would someone even *do* that?)

CHris will now "clearly" be known as Slim Strifey.

No clue how one could do a thugged out RedXIII...mayhaps one could buy on of those really big doggie sweaters and go as preppy Red......

And cleaely A-1, this labeling me as "Slim Strifey" is some sorta of revenge for the multiple nicknames and wrong doing that I've done to you isn't it,lol.

Unread 05-12-2003, 06:22 PM   #10
Lyn
ginga bishonen

Hm, what is your "Slim Strifey" costume going to look like?

Argh. I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner. I thought my idea of doing Punk Cloud (which I decided last month), based upon a fanart piece a friend did for me, was going to be totally original. ^^; Oh well.

I don't know if I'd be able to show up for this group thing at all (though since you already have a Cloud, I don't know if you would want two Clouds anyways) but I might look for you guys since I'll be doing my costume pretty much at the same time this group is forming.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2003, 06:47 PM   #11
MonoyashaJLA
Creature creator

This sounds awsome!!!! I can be the thugged out RedXIII if that position is still open... o^-^o hhmmm... now what kind of jacket to wear.....
MonoyashaJLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2003, 09:45 PM   #12
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally posted by Lyn
Hm, what is your "Slim Strifey" costume going to look like?

Argh. I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner. I thought my idea of doing Punk Cloud (which I decided last month), based upon a fanart piece a friend did for me, was going to be totally original. ^^; Oh well.

I don't know if I'd be able to show up for this group thing at all (though since you already have a Cloud, I don't know if you would want two Clouds anyways) but I might look for you guys since I'll be doing my costume pretty much at the same time this group is forming.
Well sure, I'm not one to turn down cosplayers..sides a punk cloud would go real well with Goth Tifa and Punk Zack no?

As for the "Slim Strifey", I've got a blue A-shirt (but I'm also thinkin of screwing around with my current Cloud shirt-thingie)
either baggie jeans or a pair of sweat pants (with one leg rolled up natch), sum fake tatoos (like a "31",or barb wire, or the shin-ra logo) and 'm playing with the idea that I should have either a red visor or cap (homage to the KH verison), and either boots or red cons......

Oh my Busta' Gat yo...every thug needs a gat....

As for thug Red, why not biker Red instead? That would rock!!!

Unread 05-12-2003, 11:00 PM   #13
Something Lulu
ROCK FACTS

Re: Re: Re: Not Another Final Fanasy Seven cosplay group

Quote:
Originally posted by Starwind824
No clue how one could do a thugged out RedXIII...mayhaps one could buy on of those really big doggie sweaters and go as preppy Red......

And cleaely A-1, this labeling me as "Slim Strifey" is some sorta of revenge for the multiple nicknames and wrong doing that I've done to you isn't it,lol.
All you need is some bling bling and paws and you're set. ^_^
And you have not been nicknamed maliciously so there's no revenge. Just exercising my rights lol.

In the event that I can't get the goth jewelry (that stuff is expensive!) I'll be ghetto Tifa, which was another idea I had before settling with goth. I'll just wear a bandana and hat and maybe give in and buy some tims lol. Hmm maybe I should do different renditions every time I wear the costume lol.
Unread 05-13-2003, 07:32 AM   #14
MonoyashaJLA
Creature creator

Sure....I can do a biker RedXIII ^-^
MonoyashaJLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 10:10 AM   #15
Neko Cathy

I'm already doing Lucrecia the JENOVA lab assistant on Sunday.
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote