Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
chibi_sasuke_1
Avenger

What are you going to do...

Hi everyone.

Hmm..I don't know about you guys, but is it just me, or is it that there doesn't seem like much is happening at Afest this year I mean, the con is supposed to last for 4 days! That's a lot of time to fill ^^; and I'm worried that this con could get...<gasp>...boring ;___; And what's worse..I'm worried that no one will go to this con, and it'll be lonely in the Bazaar Bizarre

Maybe seeing some of your excitement will get me more excited for this con...

Anyways, I was wondering what are some of the highlights that you guys are looking forward to at this con? How are you going to fill your time?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Don't get me wrong, as I LOVE conventions and do end having a good time regardless XD

Last edited by chibi_sasuke_1 : 08-08-2007 at 10:55 AM.
chibi_sasuke_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
Honey Usagi-chi

I'll just be in the dealers, game room, etc. Then drown my time with Cosplay, photoshoots and other events. You have to rely on yourself for fun (:
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
chibi_sasuke_1
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Usagi-chi View Post
I'll just be in the dealers, game room, etc. Then drown my time with Cosplay, photoshoots and other events. You have to rely on yourself for fun (:

I know a con is what you make of it, but I really enjoy seeing guests, attending events / concerts, and doing things that I can't do on a regular day. I suppose this con seems dissappointing on some of those things.

Game room? There isn't going to be one Robotech doesn't count.
Unread 08-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
baku_neko
go go devil bats!

Well as for gaming I know there will be electronic gaming, as to how much and what kind I dunno.

Check out this gaming update link here from the Afest boards -->click here

ANIMEFEST 2009
================
Lambo (15 YR. OLD) - Reborn! - 100%
Kira Yamato - Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - 0%
Setsuna F. Seiei - Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - 0%
Cody Hackins - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 0%

member of *SNAP* cosplay
baku_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
Marika

What am I gonna do? I honestly can say that I've never really been BORED at a con, though the closest I've come was Otakon '04 because the artist table severely dampened our ability to really enjoy ourselves when we were stuck sitting there for most of the con. We still managed to have fun though. A convention is only as boring and as bad as you make it. Having grown up in a place where having an imagination was CRUCIAL to having fun (no real anything to do except what your mind could create... and then the sky's the limit), I don't have a problem with finding things to do.

At AnimeNEXT, I didn't set foot in the actual convention center more than 3 times: to get my badge, to look at the line for the dealer's room & hit the artist alley instead, and finally to go to the dealer's room on Sunday. The rest of the time was spent hanging out on the lawn with the other cosplayers and doing everything from spur-of-the-moment photos to an In Character game of cards to the impromptu game of volleyball.

Personally, I tend to look at things from my sister's view: if you can't find something to do or have a good time on your own without being led by the hand, then maybe the problem isn't with what there is to do but with the person who's having the bad time.

(...) but I really enjoy seeing guests, attending events / concerts, and doing things that I can't do on a regular day. I suppose this con seems dissappointing on some of those things.

Maybe so, but when else do you get to hang out with friends from other places around the city/state/country and dress up for reasons other than Halloween and Midnight Launch parties? Living in Pittsburgh PA, I could go to concerts at Starlake whenever I had the cash. Working on Rufe Snow, I can see guests when they show up to trade/reserve/buy games or when I'm driving to and from work. Playing video games? Buying stuff? Can do that in my living room via a console or computer.

Hanging out with friends for a few days without worrying about having to get up early the next day... that's something I can't do on a daily basis. Hanging out with Aerith and Robin who're both flying in for AFest... something else I can't do daily. Dressing up as a favourite character... aside from the slight possibility of a SSB:B midnight launch, if you do that outside Halloween, people think you're off your rocker.

Maybe I take for granted the things that can be done at a con because I've been to a lot of them and DONE that stuff. It's the little things that can leave a lasting impression that are things I get excited for. Seeing Aerith, Robin, Stef, Jorsh, yins, Tiff and her group, and the prospect of meeting so many more people... to me, that's worth getting excited over. I couldn't tell you what voice actors I've met, or what songs were played at concerts, but I can tell you things I did with friends years ago.

^^ Words of wisdom from my mother: If you go into something with a high expectation or an image in your mind, you'll almost always be disappointed. Keep an open mind, and you'll be amazed at what you find.

Last edited by Marika : 08-07-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
Anna
Still Alive

I should be volunteering alongside my cosplaying so I'll be busy the whole weekend. But just because I'll be busy doesn't mean it won't be fun. X3
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote