Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nan Desu Kan

Unread 08-10-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
D001
D

Saiyuki cosplay

I don't suppose anyone is cosplaying anyone from Saiyuki this year. I am going as Sanzo (working on his sutra now, actually ~_^) and I think it'd be great to meet some new people. ^_^

What are you guys doing? How far are you in completing your costume? Anyone participating in the Cosplay contest? And what are you looking most forward to?

D
D001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2007, 01:16 AM   #2
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Mi-yaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! *hugs*

I'm not doing Saiyuki personally, but I remember last year there were at least two seperate groups of all four guys. My little fangirl heart squee'd.

You shall be hunted down and hugged.

~Ari-chan
Unread 08-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
Curucar

I'm personally not doing Saiyuki this year, but one of my friends (who's not on the forums) is going as Kami-Sama. Watch out for molestation. :3
Unread 08-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
Alu-chan
ಠ_ಠ

I was wanting to bring back my Sanzo cosplay in hoping to run into Greg Ayers with it on, so I might just have to now for this group. What day did you plan on getting it together?

Imma have to fix my sutra, though, a couple years back when I wore Sanzo, it didn't stay in tact. >.>

(ノ◣д◢)ノ ミ ┸┸

UPCOMING CONVENTIONS - Nan Desu Kan 2012

In Progress -
Alu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
D001
D

I'm all for the hugs. ^_^ Just warn me first, is all I ask. ~_^ And I remember one of those groups from last year, phantomtheif. They had a Kougaiji, too. So cool!! And then there was a lone Sanzo running around on Friday and Sunday last year. He was such an amazing Sanzo. ^_^

And *SQUEE!!!* Yay Kami-sama!!!! ^___________^ *molests him back* ~_^ Is your friend, Curucar doing all of the beadwork as well? I had wanted to do Kami-sama last year, but was unable to find enough beads in one store and didn't really have enough time to do his beads. Though I've got definite plans to cosplay him at some point now that most of his costume can be taken from Sanzo. ~_^

Alu-chan, I'm going all three days. I don't know yet when I'll be in full robes, partial robes or just the jeans and sleeveless shirt. I'll probably just run with how I feel at the time. And *pets* I'm sorry to hear about your sutra. Hopefully you'll be able to fix it up in no time.

D
Unread 08-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
Curucar

Quote:
Originally Posted by D001 View Post
And *SQUEE!!!* Yay Kami-sama!!!! ^___________^ *molests him back* ~_^ Is your friend, Curucar doing all of the beadwork as well? I had wanted to do Kami-sama last year, but was unable to find enough beads in one store and didn't really have enough time to do his beads. Though I've got definite plans to cosplay him at some point now that most of his costume can be taken from Sanzo. ~_^
The beads are like... the only part of the outfit she has done at this point. XDD They're cheaper plastic ones because they would weigh a ton if they were glass (though because of the lightness, there's MASSIVE tangling)
Unread 08-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
D001
D

Eek!! The tangling sounds rough. I hope that there's something she can figure out to help with that, or that they don't tangle too badly at the con since they'll have so much fun? ~_^ (one can only hope ~_^)

I can't wait to see her, though!! *sends awesome costume making vibes her way*

D