Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 08-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #1
SaraChii
.:Persocom:.

Chii Hair

Hi, this is my first time cosplaying, and I'm making a Chii costume. I have long, blonde hair down to the top of my leg. I don't like wigs, so will my hair pull it off?
SaraChii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Probably.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
SaraChii

Okay, thanks. I just wanted to reassure myself on that one.

Just another question, would I use a clear headband for the ears so it won't show up as much?
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
DianaTenoh
Friendly Neighborhood Cat

Yes most likely you'd want to get a clear head band. in the event you cant. another suggestion would be to part your hair horizontally, tuck the non clear head band under, and pull you rhair back over it.

-we love cats. we love games. thus we love www.vgcats.com
DianaTenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #5
SaraChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaTenoh View Post
Yes most likely you'd want to get a clear head band. in the event you cant. another suggestion would be to part your hair horizontally, tuck the non clear head band under, and pull you rhair back over it.
Oh, yeah, I used that on a cat costume for Halloween. I got tons of compliments for it. Thanks!
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
DivineSage
Formerly OokamiTsuki

Or you could make the ears out of a lightweight material and glue them onto hair clips, that way you just clip them on and don't have to worry about hiding a hairband.

Your hair will probably work well enough. It's always best to go for accuracy, but I think in the case of Chii's hair, accuracy (hair down to the ankles) would be way too much of a pain. Besides, why spend money on a wig when your own hair is good enough?
DivineSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #7
SaraChii

I don't really mind the hairband, I'm just worried about the comfort, because I plan to use plastic. My ears are going to be made of fun foam, so there's no worries there. But, how would you glue the hairclips on, so that it can clip to your hair without falling out?

In the case of my hair length, I would be more comfortable with my length, because with ankle-length hair, you would just step on it all day. And since I have no money, except for maybe the $30 in my wallet, I wouldn't enjoy spending tons of money on a wig that doesn't look very good. A lot of blonde wigs (especially the Chii wigs) look all gross and stringy. So I wouldn't want to spend money on a wig.
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #8
Narno
frangible psyche

I attached a pair of Chii ears to those headphones that clip around your ears. It worked out really well and there was no band to ruin the look, and they were very sturdy (whereas I think hairclips may have the potential to slip if you don't do them right).
Narno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #9
SaraChii

Ah, I know of those, would you cut off the wires, or leave them attatched? (Music lovers forbid the sacrilege of a good pair of headphones.) I actually finished a pair of foam ears, and i just safety-pinned them to an outfit- matching fabric headband. That works well, too. I might just try the headphone idea. Thanks for that one!

My hair spools are finished, as well. Although they don't match the ears. I can fix those up later. I didn't try the hairclip idea, as they do slip out of my thick hair.
Unread 08-16-2007, 01:49 AM   #10
katrinkleeblatt
Hasekage

I don't know which costume you make, but Chii has often something ON her head (at least in the artworks). Loads of cosplayers use that to attach the ears, most original chii designs contain something like that too.
katrinkleeblatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
SaraChii

I'm planning to make a few costumes, so I'm just attatching the same pair of ears to a different headband according to which outfit I'm wearing.
Unread 02-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #12
Igsia

What kind of hair clips should be used for the ears? I'm making a pair myself and I really don't want to use a headband, its a bother.
Igsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 03:48 AM   #13
Jonetsu
Seamstress Extrordinaire

toupee/extension clips. You can get a pack of 3 at sally's for $2. They're insanely strong. They're one of the only kinds that work in my hair worth anything ^^

~Planned~In Progress~Wishlist~Completed~

~Nolanverse Harley Quinn~Seras Victoria~Fran~Rayne~L~Faye~Lulu~Gaara~Priss~Harley Quinn~Sei~Maya Natsume~Nuriko~Femme Vash~Rouge~

I do take commissions! They're high-quality, one of kind pieces custom-made for each client!
Jonetsu is offline   Reply With Quote