Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Unread 08-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Koi
Promiscuous Boy

Mello Cosplay- Death Note

Does anyone who watches Death Note know what episode Mello wears this costume or have screen caps of it from the anime? I need to see if the colours are different (since I'm planning to do anime version.

Also, is there any episode or screen cap you have of him wearing sunglasses? I really would like to know what colour they are.

Thank you so so much in advance!

Unread 08-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
Fyrebyrne

my gf did that version of Mello minus the outer jacket this year for MetroCon, as well as the rest of the Cons we're going to this year. here's a link to her blog about the costume. she's disects the costume pretty good, part by part to make it easier to find whats needed.
MegaCon
CondoCon: NoYoKon II
Dragon*Con
Fandom Con
Fyrebyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
Hotaru230
has healthy scepticism

i'm his g/f and i have never done that jacket, but the first Mello cosplayer that i ever met this year at MomoCon that did it told me that she used fabric paint to paint the designs on there
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...splay/dn19.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...y/P5180015.jpg
i think hers is based on the manga....i'm not sure if he wears that jacket in the anime or not....i want to say that he does, but all the screen caps that i have and can find have him wearing that black jacket with feathery collar thing.
Hotaru230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
Koi
Promiscuous Boy

He does wear something like that coat in the anime, I've seen it in AMVs.. but the fur on the hood is black.. so I'm trying to figure out if there are any other differences.. I can't find any good screen caps, though..
Unread 08-16-2007, 06:47 AM   #5
Hyuuga Tenten
Cleverness is not Wisdom

I don't know the episode because I read the manga but I think he wears that for a short time right after he gets his scar when he's hidding out. I think, I'm still preoccupied by volume 12 ^_^

"Do not go where the path may lead, go insted where there is no path and leave a trail."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
Hyuuga Tenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2007, 07:51 AM   #6
Lucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi View Post
He does wear something like that coat in the anime, I've seen it in AMVs.. but the fur on the hood is black.. so I'm trying to figure out if there are any other differences.. I can't find any good screen caps, though..
I actually cosplayed that version of Mello (manga, since the anime had barely started by that point) last year at Jacon. I went with a black/red color scheme, since that one image was slightly off in color (Near appearing blue!?).

In the manga it was chapter 77 where he first wears that coat. I have no idea what it looks like in the anime, but any color images of Deathnote tend to be copied over into the manga (the only major difference I ever saw was Matt's arms being red/black in the anime, and white/black in the manga).

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
Hotaru230
has healthy scepticism

i don't think that the jacket thing that he wears in the anime with the black fluffy stuff on it is the same as that hooded jacket at all. they are 2 different jackets completely. he never wears that type of jacket in the manga. Mello's outfits and how his hair looks totally change when you compare pre-scar and post-scar in the manga, but i'm not sure about how big the different is in the anime. i have watched all of the anime, but i haven't looked at it as closely as the manga.
Hotaru230 is offline   Reply With Quote