Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 05-12-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
kiyoko
Evilgenki

Looking for someone who makes props..

I am looking for someone who makes and sells props by themselves, without having to buy a costume. I am COSplaying this year as Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN, and I already have the costume made and completed. But I am having a very hard time finding someone who can make his sprite ocarina staff-thingy. I had attempted making it myself, and it ended up looking alright, but it was exteremly heavy and bulky, and a general pain to lug around, and I know people who create props more professionally probably have better materials for a lighter less annoying prop.

If there isn't anyone that does, does anyone have any suggestions on what materials to use to make a lighter prop, because I am limited to what the local craft store sells. The staff I have now has a wooden dowel as the main handle, and the rest of the staff is made from styrofoam covered with plaster cloth. So if anyone has any suggestions or know someone who sells props, I would be very grateful. Thank you!
kiyoko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2003, 11:49 AM   #2
MonoyashaJLA
Creature creator

Well...I make and sell props that a extremely light weight and durable. Mine are made from Owens Cornering foam and many layers of Fiberglass Apoxy Resin. I made The Tetsusaiga for Inuyasha and it only weighs 7 pounds. I would not suggest purchasing fiberglass apoxy, unless you plan to make many other weapons or do commissions in the furture. Apoxy is very expensive and it cost me $120 for that and everything else required to mix it up. If you have any guestion, write back and check out my gallery sometime. ^-^
MonoyashaJLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2003, 12:23 PM   #3
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

http://www.genkigang.com/genkigang.html
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2003, 05:10 AM   #4
Melchior

Please check your PM's regarding this project. Thanks!
Unread 05-30-2003, 08:23 AM   #5
Balmung
The Naked Spike

Instead of a wooden dowel try using a peice of PVC piping It is much much lighter than wood. I would also suggest coating the foam in something other than plaster. Try papermache, or a coat of tackyglue. always rember to experiment!
Balmung is offline   Reply With Quote