Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 08-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #1861
Darksilverhawk
Now in 3 fun colors!

I wore what I have completed of Yue Ying at Gencon Indy yesterday. I was the only Musou cosplayer there, but there seemed to be lots of Koei love there anyway. I have a picture up in my gallery, though it's a really crappy one because it was taken at around 11 at night and I was dead. I hope I'll find one from earlier in the day.

"Any problem can be solved with some sort of pin. Safety pins, bobby pins, any pins; anytime you have a problem, just use the corresponding type of pin!" - My friend. Not a cosplayer, but wise indeed.
Darksilverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2009, 04:34 AM   #1862
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

I put up two selected pictures of my Taigong Wang cosplay.

More will follow in october, where my friends and I will be doing a shooting in china garden.
Then I'll also have pictures of the weapon/fishing rod.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #1863
Darksilverhawk
Now in 3 fun colors!

OK, I'll stop putting off the tedious part of Yue Ying now. How the heck do you get that dragon on the tunic? I'm thinking of just stenciling the outline and then painting the details by hand... any better ideas?
(The white bits of the tunic are the "wrong" side of a piece of satin, if that changes anything.)

"Any problem can be solved with some sort of pin. Safety pins, bobby pins, any pins; anytime you have a problem, just use the corresponding type of pin!" - My friend. Not a cosplayer, but wise indeed.
Unread 09-17-2009, 02:16 AM   #1864
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

@Darksilverhawk: I'd print out a good detail-pic of the dragon, then pre-draw the desing with sewing-chalk onto the fabric. Next grab the color you want to use, a fine brush and some sort of fabric or cloth you do not necessarily need. I like to use a clean kitchen towel.

Gently rub at the chalk with the kitchen towel if you did any mistakes when pre-desiging the dragon, so you can make a clear layout of what you want.

Once you are done, start at either the top or bottom and rub a small piece of the design just good enough off, that you can just barelly see the lines.
Now tip you brush into the color and re-draw the lines - but stop a bit before the chalk.

It's better to only draw smaller pieces in one go, using little color, so you can avoid bloobs.
Repeat this process until you are completly done.
Then fix the color onto the fabric with by ironing - just like it's described on the lable of the color tube.

I've made the experience that sometimes they are not accurate thought, so I'd let them additionally dry a day, before washing.
This will also get any left-over chalk marks out

Good luck ^^

Note: This works. It's how I did the silver lines on Taigongs sleeves.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #1865
Darksilverhawk
Now in 3 fun colors!

Ohhh, I hadn't thought of that. My only concern is getting the tailor's chalk off. I've already got a small, stubborn t.c. stain on the fabric that refuses to come out with hand-washing, and the fabric is too delicate to toss it in the washing machine...

Unread 10-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #1866
knockmic

Hello,I'm Japanese cosplayer.
I love Dynasty Warriors very much!
I have sima-yi costume.
Please check out at my gallery.
If you love dynasty warriors,let's be friend
Please give me message!!
knockmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 03:34 AM   #1867
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

@Darksilverhawk: Sorry, didn't see your last message.
I know the pain and found out that if you do not press the chalk to much on the fabric you can still draw clear lines and if you use either a piece of cotton fabric or satin over the fabric you ususally can 'rub' the chalk of rather well. Afterwards 'smack' the fabric a couple of times then the remains of the chalk should 'fly off in a small cloud of dust' ;P

On a general note, I'm going to do a SW3 cosplay next year. I've decided on this ever since I saw the character ^^
Takenaka Hanbei
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/p...nakaHanbei.png

I got the wig and started at the weapon, but I'm unable to really do much more without the artbook on sale. Well... I am going to make the shoes when I'm at my parents place at x-mas and probably will make the pants some time soon.
Already purchased a pattern for the hat and am generally looking forward to make my cute little devil's brat ^^
Unread 12-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #1868
zcdave

im doing lubu from dw6 this coming event in my place ( malaysia ) and will be upload my lu bu photoshot if got chances to shot on the event place ...

i will cosplaying as sw3 character on next yr as well , as tadakatsu honda xD haha
zcdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #1869
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Wow ^^ Those are 'massive' plans/cosplays! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures
Unread 01-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #1870
hakuloveszabuza

I have finally started on my plans for this year and will upload progress pictures soon (I hope). I am currently working on Zhang Fei DW6 and maybe a member of Wu DW5 for May and then Nobunaga SW3 in October ^^
hakuloveszabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #1871
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Wow! It's Koei Warriors year for you, is it?
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #1872
kuro-nee
Instant noodles eater

Hi All! Another Koei cosplayer here! I did DW6 Cao Ren and DW6 Pang Tong. Though only Pang Tong is currently being shown. ^^;;

I've got plans to do Shi Huang Di from Strikeforce 2. X3 Ambitious idea is ambitious.
kuro-nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #1873
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Hehehe. I already catched you in the introduction thread I'll gladly say 'Welcome' again.

Are you working on it already, or just doing your best to catch as many pics as possible and start mapping out in your head how to do stuff?
Unread 02-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #1874
kuro-nee
Instant noodles eater

@Dragon: My dear friend! XD

I'm currently starting on just collecting the pictures and busy looking for various resources for the body paint, face fur and the types of cloth to use. This is because most of it is the most headache to find.

I find Shi Huang Di's sleeve pattern very interesting since it looks very stuffed. I've yet to see him in action so I won't know how the flow of the sleeve should be.
kuro-nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 04:14 AM   #1875
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

I know the pain of finding proper fabric -.- And screenshots and whatever other reference material. Good thing you are starting now ^^°

And since I'm at it, I might as well show off what I've gotten done so far:

Hat (not finished yet) & Wig: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1265739986
(Please ignore the wighead. I got it for cheap because it was painted on ^^°)

Pants (they are darker than they apear in this light and I already drew some of the patterns on the legs): http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1265739983

Cloak (Pattern on bottom and pockets missing): http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1266764962

Armor parts (top & arm guards): http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1266257805

Weapon (upper plate): http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1266765062