Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 03-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #1981
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Oh MAN the DW7 designs...

On the plus side for me, all the characters I loved before and planned to do from past DWs, I hate their new designs...but all the characters whose costumes I didn't like before I love in DW7. I may have entire rosters planned now. XD

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #1982
batteredchicken

The costumes from 7 need some getting used to. XD I think they went too all out elaborate WHOA for 6 that seeing somewhat functional clothing that were reminiscent of their earlier designs is a shock. O_o
batteredchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #1983
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Actually, I do have a question for those floating around who have the data books - do ANY of them contain the alternate color schemes?

I ask because in DW5 and Warriors Orochi, I find myself completely loving some of the alternate color schemes more than the original. For example, Cao Pi's black and gold recolor (his 4th outfit in DW5), or Lu Xun's recolor in WO2. This especially goes for some of the Samurai Warriors characters...oh my LORD do I love Aekichi Mitsuhide's alternate color with the black hakama and red armor so much more beautiful than his standard purple scheme.

But of course, when looking for reference, I can never find pictures of the alternate color schemes. Not even in the Koei forums' downloads. I will shell out the cash to buy a data book if I can guarantee it has the alternate color schemes, so if anybody can verify? I'd love you forever.

....and I cannot believe DW7 is actually making me want to do LU BU.

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
Unread 03-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #1984
moonlit-sky
call me TJ

The alternate color schemes can be found in the databooks, i have a hard copy of DW6's. Problem is they are horribly small and can probably only be used to know which part changes to what color.

example...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...W6/ZhuGe01.jpg

EDIT: i only know this applies for DW, not so sure about SW. My SW3 databook shows alternate costumes that look like concept designs.
Sin Kiske (Guilty Gear) - planning

2014 events: TGS 2014, STGCC '14, AFA '14

Last edited by moonlit-sky : 03-08-2011 at 12:39 AM.
moonlit-sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #1985
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Well, considering there are usually larger images of the main costume, just knowing what part to change to what color is pretty much all I would need for an alternate color scheme. I can use the main design images to determine shape, seaming, decoration, etc.

I just didn't want to drop a load of money with no guarantee that what I really want will be in the books. Must. Have. Alternate. Pretties!

Unread 03-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #1986
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

In case of WO2 there are only some alternates in the normal databook. I just checked.

e.g. I got Taiga in costume 1, 2 and 3, but not that strange european one, which I believe was added only in WO Z.
Other, 'not new' characters alternates are not in it, with the exception of Fuuma Kotaru, Nene, Ginchiyo, Kanetsugu and a few others.
I have the WO2 databook thought, so perhaps they might be in the WOZ one if that one exists.

I'm not sure if you can do that in WO2 (it's been a while since I played), but I know that the characters in the empire games can be selected, turned around in almost all angles and all costumes avaible, so perhaps that will help as well?
Otherwise I like making the character I want good ref pics of (if the databook is just not enough) win or lose and film the close ups you get at the end of a battle with my camera.
Unread 03-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #1987
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Man, Dragon, you are DEDICATED.

I've been playing WO2 obsessively over the past few months so that's the one on my mind, but I felt the same about some of the DW5 alternates. Fortunately, I believe I saw that the databook for that one does have the alternates, so maybe I'll start there and save the WO costumes for when I'm not bankrupt from the first round of DW costumes.

Unread 03-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #1988
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Obsessed is more like it, since I'm currently making Taigong Wang's second outfit XD

If you are looking for the databooks, I can check my ebay seller. I've gotten all of my art/databooks from him and if you can afford to wait for a little while, the books you want usually end up on a sale for up to 35 % less, which usually is a great deal.
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #1989
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Considering it's going to take me time to save up for them anyway? Yeah, sure, that'd be nice of you. Thanks!

Unread 03-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #1990
Alexander VI

Does anybody have a clear picture of Liu Bei's cape design in Dynasty Warriors 7? Thanks.
Alexander VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #1991
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

@CapsuleCorp: Which databooks are you looking for? (from which installments)

@Alexander VI: In one of the videos you can see Liu Bei from behind. That might be your best pic unless you have the game so far. The Artworks and databook scans released on koeiwarriors so far don't show a backview.
Unread 03-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #1992
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

DAMMIT WE FORGOT TO GO BUY THE GAME TODAY!

ahem.

Thanks Dragon. Uhhh probably 4 and 5? There's some nice recolor versions in 5 that I like, but a few of the characters (like Ce) I prefer their 4 designs.

Unread 03-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #1993
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

DW 5: http://cgi.ebay.at/Dynasty-Warriors-...em3f0603 fc7f

DW 4: http://cgi.ebay.at/Dynasty-Warriors-...em45f703 f835

Currently both are -40 % so if they aren't on sale when you got the money, just keep it on watchlist. Within a month it should land on sale again with 30-40 % off.

If you want others, just keep checking the seller regulary.
Unread 03-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #1994
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Thanks! You are totally awesome!!

However, the internet is not. It lied to me. DW7 comes out next week, not yesterday. Derp.

Unread 03-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #1995
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

:3 Yes, it was postphoned. You are lucky actually. In EU it's been postphoned twice and to be honest I don't plan on buying it straight of the shelf now. 1st April would have been fine, but delaying it another week is not. I'll wait until I can get it used either of the US or EU.

The shop only carries originals - or at least I only got origis so far and I ordered a varation of artbooks so far (not only KW stuff) - so you are safe from getting crappy copys and with the prices they have when it's sale time, no one can really claim those DW ones aren't affordable.