Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 09-12-2004, 09:58 AM   #526
ChichiriFreak

Gah!..I' haven't been checking these forums in a looong time! ^^;;;; but i've returned! neway GAAAH!! I completly forget Empires came out!!! O_O..*runs out to get it*

On another note...It doens't look like I'll be able to Attend AX05 next summer..(noooooooooo) *tear*..darn!..but anyway I bought frabic for Oichi's Kitsune costume, but just haven't started it..^_^;;

Unread 09-12-2004, 03:03 PM   #527
AngelicSorrow
Returning to the past

Empires? It's out already? WHAT?! I didn't know this?! What's wrong with me! *Runs out to get Empires to learn more on Xiao Qiao and Zhou Yu's costumes*
Where's a good place to find materials for the Xiao Qiao costume? I'm not too sure what to use...ummm am I supposed to use the brocade stuff?~Mi Xun Rinoa
AngelicSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2004, 08:40 PM   #528
Kirschwasser
God Save The Queen!

I'm such a dork. A few comments back, I wrote that I didn't think I'd do anymore DW cosplay, but then the last message I wrote, I was like, "I'm making Da Qiao! Hee hee!" Darn, it makes it seem like I just contradicted myself there! ^_^; I couldn't help it, though. I played DW4 a few days back & I couldn't believe I had almost forgotten how awesome that game is. That is why I decided to make Da Qiao's 3rd outfit. Who knows when I'll get it done, even if I am making an easy/simplified version of it.

ChichiriFreak - Aaahh! You can't go to AX2005?!?!? Noooo! Gosh darn it, that is too bad! Now I'll be missing my Oichi twin. Well, you never know, you still could make it to AX2005 in the near future. ^_~

Oh, speaking of Empires...that's cool that there is reference for the characters. But~, I had more than enough reference for Xiao Qiao. Besides, the brocade fabric they wear is so obscure, it would be soooo hard to find a fabric similar to it.

AngelicSorrow - You could use brocade if you want. The reason I used brocades and silks for my Xiao is because that is how I imagine the outfit...I imagine a lot of the DW chara's outfits made out of that stuff. Brocades are kind of expensive though, but worth it. ^^
Unread 09-16-2004, 01:29 PM   #529
lestathunt
RIKKUIZE!

Haven't posted on this thread for a looooong time...only like in the early days(pages 5 or 6) lol. I was planning on going to AX next year. I was thinking of doing another Da Qiao from dw3 and making very detailed like the game....since my first attempt was very simple. Had to make that and diao chan and xiao qiao in one month...but I won't have a time constraint this time. The dw gathering and sw gathering for ax hopefully is not on the same day cuz i'll be wearing my sw costume there too. Wanna take lots of pics. Oh yeah and in dw empire do they also have the old costumes from dw3 in there?
lestathunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2004, 01:42 AM   #530
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

I haven't been here in a long time, as well. But I'm designing my reference pictures that hopefully I can possibly scan sometime as they are for, well, the Da Qiao and Diao Chan costumes I'm making. But ah, decided to post in here for once ^_^;; WHO WANTS TO MEET UP AT AX?!??!? I still needa buy brocade. Bleh.
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #531
ChichiriFreak

XD...Well.. I'm not quite CERTAIN if the plans for AX05 is like...gone and can't be done.. SO i'm still HOPING they're not shot...because my parents wanna go to Disney World...But My parents keep askin me when AX05 starts (and i've been dropping hints i wanna go back!) So Maybe...becuase it started the day After my birthday!! (I turn 18!!! ^____^) Sooo I'm hoping There's Still a chance I may go...-_- i hope i can..

Soo if i do go (prays)..I would love to meet up!!!...XD..i missed this years ..T_T

BTW Kirschwasser....Where did you get those Samurai Warrior Chibis?!!!...<---- (hearts The Hanzo and Magoichi!!)
Unread 09-19-2004, 04:42 AM   #532
Rydain

Did any of you guys have trouble getting your satin to behave when you sewed it? I've been having a beastly time trying to work on my Zhang He sashes. Even when I nailed the upper rectangle to the lower layer with temporary spray-on adhesive, I still got a few small puckers. I'm using long stitches and low tension (I'm just trying to baste these things in place before I sew trim on later) and a medium-weight universal needle, so I don't think any of that is causing the problem. At least the pieces I'm making now will go on the undersides of the sashes, so slight irregularities won't be noticed, but I have to figure out how to sew satin pucker-free before I work on anything that will be readily visible.
Rydain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #533
dizzylizzy
I sew things

:::Waves hi::: even though i rarely post i've been keeping up with the thread. i'm so glas to see more people doing DW/3kingdoms cosplay. ^^

rydian- hmmmm.... i dunno about the whole puckering of the satin. i've worked with satin a lot and haven't had that problem. i use a ball point needle. i dunno if that's why or not. maybe it's the type of satin. ::shrugs:: i wish i could help ya!!!

also, i'll be bringing diao chan to otakon in 2005 (totally completed. i didn't have time to add the detailing to the upper portion of the top). 3 of my other friends so far are joining me. ^^ so... if anyone is planning for otakon 2005, i would love to meet up!!! ax is so out of the question for me. : ( one day i shall experience it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 09:26 PM   #534
AngelicSorrow
Returning to the past

I'm going to Otakon! I'm going! Though I'm kinda confused on who to do again...Seeing that I'm planning to either do a Zhen Ji, Zhou Yu, or Xiao Qiao...But I really want to do all three!!! T.T Kirshwasser! ChichiriFreak! Help! I can't decide again!!!~Mi Xun Rinoa
Unread 09-20-2004, 12:03 AM   #535
Rydain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzylizzy
rydian- hmmmm.... i dunno about the whole puckering of the satin. i've worked with satin a lot and haven't had that problem. i use a ball point needle. i dunno if that's why or not. maybe it's the type of satin. ::shrugs:: i wish i could help ya!!!
What kind of satin do you use? After I posted and did some more research earlier today, I'm thinking that I just need to get higher quality fabric. The base fabric is casa satin which, according to some sources, is an inferior satin. It seemed like a pretty good value in the store, but it is unravelling like crazy (pieces will literally lose entire threads just sitting in my storage bin), and now that I've worked with it some, I don't think it feels as nice as the more expensive blue satin that the appliques are made of. (The blue satin stays together better as well. ) Judging from the blue satin's traits and price tag, I'm pretty sure that it's L'Amour, so I'm going to just cut my losses and order some L'Amour in white. By the way, I was using a universal needle of appropriate weight.

My husband and I are planning to wear our DW costumes to Otakon 2005, and they'll definitely be finished by then. Honestly, ACEN is up in the air at this point - some of our close friends will be getting married some weekend in May, and if the con happens to be scheduled for that weekend, we obviously can't go. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'd love to join an Otakon DW group.
Rydain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2004, 01:13 AM   #536
dizzylizzy
I sew things

i've only uses casa once (actually using it now). i haven't had any big problems yet, though i just started. i've worked with baroque, wedding (love!), brocade, there's one more. i think out of all, the casa is being the most difficult. lol it def does unraffle. >> i'm still in the process of learning all this insane stuff. lol heck, i didn't know there was a universal needle. ^^ i must find.

i wish you the best of luck and i can't wait to see the results!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2004, 04:11 AM   #537
Amethyst Angel
Hoop Skirt Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydain
What kind of satin do you use? After I posted and did some more research earlier today, I'm thinking that I just need to get higher quality fabric. The base fabric is casa satin which, according to some sources, is an inferior satin.

I believe there is something you can buy (a stabilizer) that you can iron onto a seam before you sew it. I believe it comes in thin strips. You iron it on and it will stiffen the fabric and keep it from puckering. (You could also iron thin strips of interfacing to the seams (on the wrong side of the fabric) before you sew them.)

If you want brocade, try JoAnn's fabrics. They're starting to get a wonderful selection of Asiany-looking brocade in their stores (apparently it's in fashion now). They also have a lot of neat Halloween fabrics (like gold pleather) in stock that would probably be of use to a DW cosplayer. Hancock's Fabrics has a lot of brocades coming in as well...

Amethyst's Prop Blog
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cosplayer's Prop and Armor Compendium
I'VE NOW GOT STYRENE FOR SALE!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my NEW ETSY STORE!
Amethyst Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2004, 03:05 PM   #538
AngelicSorrow
Returning to the past

Thank you! The JoAnn fabric store that I live near has a 30% discount sale on brocades...That I must check it out.

So I've decided to work on Zhen Ji and Zhou Yu...ugh...so much work's ahead of my for them...

I'm not sure which Zhen Ji costume, but I know which one for Zhou Yu...at least so far. I want to do the DW4 costume, but the thing is...I'm not sure wether to put my hair in a pony tail or not since I usually put my hair like his everyday that I tie it...I'm spamming again...crud...

So, look for me at Katsucon(if I work my butt off on the costumes), but most likely at Otakon in my Zhen Ji and Zhou Yu costume! So, until then! Ja ne!~Mi Xun Rinoa

Last edited by AngelicSorrow : 09-20-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Unread 09-20-2004, 09:30 PM   #539
Kirschwasser
God Save The Queen!

Quote:
I was planning on going to AX next year. I was thinking of doing another Da Qiao from dw3 and making very detailed like the game....since my first attempt was very simple. Had to make that and diao chan and xiao qiao in one month...but I won't have a time constraint this time. The dw gathering and sw gathering for ax hopefully is not on the same day cuz i'll be wearing my sw costume there too.
lestathunt - Yes, do go to AX next year! That makes me happy that you are going to go as Samurai Warriors too! Ooooh nooo, DW and SW are definetaly not going to be on the same day. I won't allow it!!!! *laughs wickedly* I want to do SW one day and DW the next. ^^ Hopefully my brother will go to AX next year, because that way he can be my ninja bodyguard! (He's wants to be a ninja anyway, so what better than to wear it to AX?!)

Quote:
WHO WANTS TO MEET UP AT AX?!??!?
You know I am Chibi Plush Toy!!! ^_~ I definetaly am going as Xiao again, as long as there are other DW folks there!

Quote:
BTW Kirschwasser....Where did you get those Samurai Warrior Chibis?!!!...<---- (hearts The Hanzo and Magoichi!!)
I found them on this Japanese site. I forgot the name of the site & the link. If you want the chibis of Hanzo & Magoichi, go ahead and feel free to copy them. ^^

Rydain - Satin is a pain in the arse...that's all I have to say about that. Especially crepe back. *Shudders* It loves to snag a lot. Oh, so you are wearing your DW at Otakon next year? Too bad you aren't near the West Coast...that would be so great if you could go to AX! <--- I know, what a pest I can be, always trying to recruit people to go to AX. XD
Unread 09-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #540
ChichiriFreak

Quote:
I found them on this Japanese site. I forgot the name of the site & the link. If you want the chibis of Hanzo & Magoichi, go ahead and feel free to copy them. ^^
YAY! Sankyuu!! ^___^

Quote:
So, look for me at Katsucon(if I work my butt off on the costumes), but most likely at Otakon in my Zhen Ji and Zhou Yu costume! So, until then! Ja ne!~Mi Xun Rinoa
I'll Look for u at Katsucon!!...I might be Jiang Wei then...I don't know yet.

Quote:
also, i'll be bringing diao chan to otakon in 2005 (totally completed. i didn't have time to add the detailing to the upper portion of the top). 3 of my other friends so far are joining me. ^^ so... if anyone is planning for otakon 2005, i would love to meet up!!! ax is so out of the question for me. : ( one day i shall experience it.
*raises Hand*..I'd LOVE to have a DW meet up!!..yay for DW cosplayers!!
^___^

I'm currently redoing (again...) my Jiang wei costume..well only the green part cuz the new fabric wasn't working good..sooo Im out to look for a different kind that will work better. ^_^...And Oichi's Kitsune is in the works!!