Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 09-21-2004, 08:48 PM   #541
AngelicSorrow
Returning to the past

Wheew, I need a break from playing DW because I started to think that Cao Cao was beginning to be cute. I mean that Lu Bu is okay since he has Diao Chan, but *shudders* Oh so...Around this weekend I'm heading out to get the fabrics for my costumes!

*laughs evilly like Lu Bu* I can't wait for Otakon! I wanna drag my cousins along to the meeting! We could have a giant dog pile or something at Otakon. I might be able to make Zhen Ji's flute actually be able to play a few notes, I'm not sure if I want to though, but it's just a thought. ~ Mi Xun Rinoa
AngelicSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-27-2004, 07:59 PM   #542
Kirschwasser
God Save The Queen!

*Mwahahah* I was informed by a couple of {online} friends of mine that the DW group from AX is in Animerica. *Dances* Yay~, that is so awesome.

*Sighs* Da Qiao's 3rd outfit is put together so weird, isn't it? I'm trying to figure out how to put all the pieces together...that & getting it to fit correctly. ^^ I'll have the outfit done by Halloween! I don't know if I will have the fans...I probably won't buy another pair of huge fans. I just might carry around a small fan or something. *Smiles innocently*

Have you seen the movie Hero? On some parts, it reminded me of Dynasty Warriors! Broken Sword (when it showed him without his facial hair) looks just like Zhao Yun! I thought he would make a perfect Zhao Yun. Sky reminded me of Ma Chao & Moon looked like she would be Da Qiao. But who would Jet Li represent? I loved the movie. The cinematograhpy (sp?) was so beautiful.
Unread 09-29-2004, 05:08 PM   #543
ChichiriFreak

O_O...I soooo wanted to see hero!!!..i haven't yet..-_-;; Waah Must see now..*searches for Zhao Yun Look-alike*

Wheee!!...Yay one of my School Friends is Seriously Thinking about Cosplaying as Hanzo Hattori of SW!!! ^___^ yay! I hope i can persuade him to go through with it! ^__^
Unread 10-04-2004, 07:53 PM   #544
Kirschwasser
God Save The Queen!

That would be great if your friend would cosplay Hattori Hanzo. Hanzo is so cool...most ninja's are. Errr, I take that back...I hate those Sky/Wind/Rogue/Fire ninja's. Soooo annoying.

Ha ha...poor DW thread...it's been so silent lately.
Unread 10-07-2004, 06:38 AM   #545
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Aww, I'll join your neglected thread, Kirschwasser!

Uhh... well, I've made three DW costumes so far. Lu Xun for myself, Gan Ning for my brother, and Zhang Fei for my friend. LX and GN actually tied for Best Costume at Supanova (Brisbane, Australia) this year! I was so happy... any trace of accepting the award in character just vanished. :P

Lu Xun - http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...ostumeid=56289

Gan Ning - http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...ostumeid=59636

And Zhang Fei will be photographed within the next few weeks, when my friend has time off work to be a supermodel for me. :P
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2004, 09:05 AM   #546
Rydain

*falls over* Melanie, you r0x0r. How did you get the swirly gold designs on Lu Xun's outfit? Did you use fabric paint? If so, how well did it hold up? Also, do you have any tips for sewing slippery fabric as nicely as you did?
Rydain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2004, 06:47 AM   #547
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydain
*falls over* Melanie, you r0x0r. How did you get the swirly gold designs on Lu Xun's outfit? Did you use fabric paint? If so, how well did it hold up? Also, do you have any tips for sewing slippery fabric as nicely as you did?
Thanks!

The swirls are cut out of the same fabric I edged the costume with. I was thinking about painting them, but there is no way a gold paint would ever be that shiny... and I wanted it all to match. They took AGES to do (I cut them out with nail scissors), but it was totally worth it.

For sewing slippery fabric, I recommend taking the time to iron a lightweight interfacing onto the back of it. It stops brocades and satins from stretching and changing shape mid-sew.

And with edging or applique work, I cannot stress how much I love Vliesofix (it's a very light webbing with iron-on glue on both sides). It's wonderful for holding awkward things that cannot be pinned properly in place to sew - like edging or swirls.

I hope I've been able to help!
Unread 10-08-2004, 07:32 AM   #548
Rydain

Yes, that was helpful! If you don't mind, I have a few more questions...how on earth did you keep the swirly appliques' edges so neat? Are they turned or tucked at all or just sealed at the ends (or surrounded with satin stitch or something else that does the trick)? I really appreciate the info...I've been waffling between embroidering Zhang He's sashes or adding the design with fabric paint, and it's pretty nifty to hear that the applique option would indeed be doable for those embellishments.
Rydain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:22 AM   #549
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Quote:
Yes, that was helpful! If you don't mind, I have a few more questions...how on earth did you keep the swirly appliques' edges so neat? Are they turned or tucked at all or just sealed at the ends (or surrounded with satin stitch or something else that does the trick)? I really appreciate the info...I've been waffling between embroidering Zhang He's sashes or adding the design with fabric paint, and it's pretty nifty to hear that the applique option would indeed be doable for those embellishments.
i was wondering the same thing!!!

melanie- those look awesome!!! i browsed your lab account too. excellent work!! the freya is amazing! ::adds you to her favorites list on the lab::

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445

Last edited by dizzylizzy : 10-08-2004 at 08:26 AM.
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:33 AM   #550
Melanie

Quote:
Oh, I'm happy to hear that!

It's all satin stitched... I abuse that stitch so much, my poor sewing machine hates me.

I think the same technique would work beautifully for Zhang He's sashes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzylizzy
i was wondering the same thing!!!

melanie- those look awesome!!! i browsed your lab account too. excellent work!! the freya is amazing! ::adds you to her favorites list on the lab::
Aww, thank you! *hug*

Last edited by Melanie : 10-08-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Unread 10-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #551
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

Anyone have any recommendations on how to do the hairclip thingies Da Qiao has on her outfit?? I'm thinking Sculpey but I'm not THAT great with it...
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2004, 06:29 PM   #552
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Plush Toy
Anyone have any recommendations on how to do the hairclip thingies Da Qiao has on her outfit?? I'm thinking Sculpey but I'm not THAT great with it...
I saw a Xiao Qiao who had made her hairclip out of wood, with pearls and braid glued on for the details... it looked brilliant!
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:57 PM   #553
AngelicSorrow
Returning to the past

*passes out* okay... now there is no way I can compete with that...~Mi Xun Rinoa
AngelicSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2004, 05:31 PM   #554
Kirschwasser
God Save The Queen!

Quote:
Aww, I'll join your neglected thread, Kirschwasser!
Glad you joined the site, Melaine! I've seen your costumes at cosplaylab.com (my costumes are on that site too!) and your Ranmaru and Lu Xun outfits are sooooo amazing! Seriously, those are the most detailed, accurate, & best Lu Xun and Ranmaru cosplay I have ever seen...even better that a lot of the best cosplayers from Japan! Your Ranmaru inspires me to get working on my Oichi & Okuni as soon as possible! XD Oh yes, by the way, where did you get the reference for your Ranmaru outfit? I've been looking for SW reference for fan art, but I can never find it. Is there are particular type of artbook that has reference of the SW characters outfits (in good detail)?

Quote:
The swirls are cut out of the same fabric I edged the costume with. I was thinking about painting them, but there is no way a gold paint would ever be that shiny...
I've gotten gold paint that looks very shiny. Just look at the gold design on the ribbon on my Xiao Qiao costume. (The border of the shorts). I also used it on my Xiao Qiao shoes & hair accessories. I used this acrylic paint (it's brand name is "Golden") and it works wonderfully. It's just very expensive...

But~, that is amazing that you made the gold designs out of fabric! O_o

Quote:
Chibi Plush Toy - I make my DW hair accessories out of this craft foam. It works really nicely. That is what I used to Xiao Qiao. I just cut out the star-flower shape out of the stuff & painted it with these nice shiny acrylics (Golden brand). For the detailing in the middle, I used beading. I'm also using craft foam for the Da Qiao (5th model version of her) for her hair accessoies...well, for the red & gold part of it. For the blue, I am using this glass stone that I bought from a craft store. You could try to make your Da Qiao hair accessories out of the stuff & see how you like it. ^^ I hope you are still coming to AX2005, because Xiao Qiao wants her onee-sama there. ^_~

I'm almost, kind-of done with my Da Qiao outfit. I just need to add on the sleeves. Oh, the whole outfit in general is so weird. It was crazy trying to make patterns for it. But at least I got the outfit to fit me pretty good. I still need to find thigh-high red socks/stockings & detail them...as well as finding some red heeled shoes. ^_^; *Laughs at myself* The whole outfit in general is put together kind of strangely, but at least I got the past the hard part. But, I am not to bright, because I used some crepe-back satin for part of the outfit...bad idea! I forgot what a pain in the arse that type of satin is...it likes to "ripple". Oh well...

I hope to get Da Qiao finished by the end of next week, so I can get the picture of it in my gallery!

Last edited by Kirschwasser : 10-09-2004 at 05:56 PM.
Kirschwasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2004, 06:26 PM   #555
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

yea yea of course i'm going...wait...wtf?? THERE'S A 5TH VERSION OF DA?!? WHERE?!??!!?!??

of course I can't wait to see my 'little sister' as well : )

Thanks for the suggestion as well Melanie. I was thinking maybe balsa wood..but I'll experiment with both you and Kirschwasser's suggestions, and welcome to the site! : )
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote