Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 03-07-2005, 05:23 PM   #691
Kirschwasser
God Save The Queen!

Melaine - Well, when I have my hair cut after Anime Expo in July, I can just put up a profile pic or something, because I don't know any chara with hair like that. (I guess it is kind of similar to Oichi or Sun Shang Xiang?) And about having to buy wigs for Diao Chan & Xiao Qiao for 2006...that's going to be a nightmare. *laughs* I'm not too great at wigs, especially if I have to style them. Yes, Diao is going to be frustrating...so detailed~!

As for the fabric for Okuni, I found this really nice cotton fabric that looks perfect to hakama. It is the right texture & weight and it's going to work nicely. It's also the perfect shade of red. (It is one of the most expensive but really lovely cotton). As for the white fabric, it is this material called "casa". I don't know if it's satin, but believe me, it is not shiny like satin usually is. It is between matte & shiny. I don't know how to explain it, but all I know it is perfect & very nice stuff. As for the gold, I'm using the inside of gold [real] silk brocade. It's going to look so nice. *dances*

By the way, like my new Zhao Yun sprite in my signature? I couldn't resist. If you want sprites of a DW chara, let me know~!

lestathunt - I think the books come out a couple months after a game is released. That is how it usually is when a new game comes out. I also would love to have a data collection book for DW5. The people who get the DW5 Treasure Box in Japan are so lucky, because there is a different type of artbook that comes with it. (The paintings). I wish I could get my hands on a copy of that.

Unread 03-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #692
lestathunt
RIKKUIZE!

yay for perfect fabric. If its exactly what i'm looking for I don't mind spending an extra few dollars on it.

*sniff* a few months after the game is released....but I want it now. Oh well...just gotta use the game. Can't wait untill that comes out. They say they fixed some problems with the lag time in battles.

oooo Is there a Noh gif character?
lestathunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #693
Kirschwasser
God Save The Queen!

Look, there's already DW5 cosplay (Sun Ce, Da Qiao, & Cao Pi): http://gogatunosakura.moo.jp/2gatu27niti.html

lestathunt - There's Noh in her 1st outfit. But first, I have to find the site that hosts it. ^^
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #694
Rydain

Already? *boggle* Dang! There's some spiffy work on that page...

How is everyone else's work coming along? I finally have some more things in an interesting enough state of progress to photograph (or almost there), so I'm actually updating my gallery again. If my descriptions aren't informative enough and you'd like to know more about how I made something, feel free to ask...I'm happy to share my ideas. I wasn't able to get a picture of my butterfly barrette before I sent it to Katie Bair, but I'll put up the wig pic when she sends it to me this month. I can't wait until the weather gets nice so I'll be able to get back to all the funfunfun work that is best done outside in warm weather.
Rydain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #695
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

Hyne...Pigtail braids don't work with me, but we'll see.. Can't believe there's already DW5 cosplay...
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #696
Kirschwasser
God Save The Queen!

I know, when I first saw it, I was like, "Darn! They really are DW fanatics!", because I have been to her page before. She & her friends have such lovely cosplay, but da~rn, they sure have done a lot. (The owner to that website, she has done all of Da Qiao's outfits! They are really pretty). In fact, there is a lot of nice cosplay on that site. ^^
Unread 03-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #697
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

*cries* too pretty
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #698
SephirothXer0
Dead Thread King

In about two weeks I'll be beginning filming of my ROTK movie for my film&lit class

It's about the life of Lu Bu, and every event of his life as depicted in ROTK
I've made all the costumes for Lu Bu, Diao Chan, Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, Cao Cao, Dong Zhuo, Ting Yuan, Zhang Liao, and about 9 soldiers

Lu Bu's costume is based off DW5, and all the others are based from traditional Chinese clothes at the time, with a few stylized points from me

I should have pictures up of all of the costumes and actors in a few weeks, after we've finished filming

Your truly will be playing Lu Bu ^_^
Save our race. Know the truth

Official Member of the Turtle Hermit Club
SephirothXer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #699
Hiiragi
Where can I plug this in?

o - o so many posts~ Are any of you guys/gals planning on cosplay DW characters at A-kon 16? Noroki-chan and I will be going as Sima Yi and Zhang He (DW4 versions).
Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)

"We only hate those who have come close enough to touch our hearts."
Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2005, 12:11 AM   #700
Rydain

Welcome to the DW thread! If you need tips or advice on any aspects of your costume, feel free to ask. I might not have very much of mine in a photographable state, but I have enough done, in-progress, and planned that I could probably help.
Unread 03-13-2005, 01:52 AM   #701
Kimono310
Yaoi Paddel Roxas

So, I'm definately cross-playing as Diao-chan from dw4 for ACen and I wanted some advice on the costume and wig. (I.E. How do I make that gold corset looking thingie around her waist and how should i attach teh flowers and stuff to my wig ;_
Kimono310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #702
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothXer0
I should have pictures up of all of the costumes and actors in a few weeks, after we've finished filming

Your truly will be playing Lu Bu ^_^
I can't wait to see your photos! It sounds like an awesome project... I'm so jealous of you right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiragi
Noroki-chan and I will be going as Sima Yi and Zhang He (DW4 versions).
Sima Yi was on my Want List, but alas, the way I wanted to make him was going to cost in excess of $1000, so I had to dismiss the idea. You'll have to post photos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimono310
So, I'm definately cross-playing as Diao-chan from dw4 for ACen and I wanted some advice on the costume and wig. (I.E. How do I make that gold corset looking thingie around her waist and how should i attach teh flowers and stuff to my wig ;_
I'm going to make another photo demand! This I must see!
I very rarely dress as a girl, so I'm afraid I can't help you with the corset, but I can attempt to help with the wig. I've just finished a wig with pigtails, flowers and hairpins in it, and I'd be happy to take a couple of photos and explain how I've done certain things, if you like? PM me!

Oh! Our unloved, neglected SW thread has disappeared! So, on a side note, my brother and I have officially decided to go to Manifest this year as Keiji and Mitsuhide respectively. Fabric shopping begins tomorrow...

Last edited by Melanie : 03-13-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #703
Hiiragi
Where can I plug this in?

thanks Rydain, but I have most of the hard part done XD The chest piece, shoulders, and knees are done. I'm probably going to buy the infamous 'hooker boots' and paint on the design in the front instead of trying to make boots. >.> Besides, I wanna be tall -nod-. The Sima Yi cosplayer is my friend, so I'll try to snag her pictures when she finishes. She's trying to make it as accurate as possible, but some of the materials don't match perfectly as I understand it.

>.> I really want a group to be with at a-kon though, but I'm ok with it being just Noroki and myself... we're going to do much yaoi poses XD Next on my to-do list for Zhang He will be to attach the chest pieces with the shoulder pieces and then to move on to painting the body leotard I bought for his shirt/pants part. >.> I get to have a butterfly on my skin yay~ I also need to get a wig -- but I'm not sure where to get one that's thin and asian-like and at that length without bangs.
Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)

"We only hate those who have come close enough to touch our hearts."
Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #704
Rydain

How about these drill team boots? They're low-heeled, so they'll probably be much more comfortable to walk around in (unless your feet are used to wearing high heels...I wear sandals and sneakers all year, so mine certainly aren't!) They seem to be a pretty good value for the money as well. I'm planning to go to the "paint purchased boots" route, too. It seems much easier, especially because there are decorations around the top of the boot that have to be supported, and I haven't worked enough with boot covers to know how to properly stiffen the top of one to get all of that stuff to stay in place.

D'oh...I just read that you said you wanted to be tall...I'm at least 5'8" (possibly more - I haven't measured in ages), so that's not a problem for me. You might want to get the crazy heeled boots after all, then. Just be sure that you practice walking in them before the con. I wore 4" heels to ACEN and after a couple of hours, I could barely stand and my feet felt horribly compressed.

The longest high-quality synthetic wig I've seen is the Enchantment sold by amphigory.com, and it isn't long enough by itself to make Zhang He's ponytail. It's also reputedly thin in certain parts when you pull it up into a tail, so it works better down. (Incidentally, it seems to be about perfect for Xiahou Dun's hair...) Many people who make wigs with tails use a medium length wig and just add a bunch of extensions to lengthen the tail. Sorry I can't tell you any specifics (I'm an utter klutz when it comes to doing hair, and I don't feel like learning anytime soon ), but someone on the wig board might be able to help.

As far as progress goes...I have my sashes nearly painted (I just need a wee bit more curlicues on the front one), all of the blue and white pieces patterned and cut out (some are also basted together), and purple waist sash fabric and gold trim purchased (metallic gold bias tape - woohoo). I made a preliminary pattern for the leg butterflies and bought a matte black unitard and stretchy sparkly gold fabric paint. My hair accessory is finished and my wig should be delivered this month. (I had it commissioned - I was lucky enough to get a spot on Katie Bair's list without spending a horrendous amount of money on labor and, right now, I could not handle the design by myself. Maybe I'll learn later on.)

Sorry I'm rambly...it's just that I'm so happy to see someone else in this thread doing one of the costumes I'm working on. If there are any DW4 Xiahou Dun people here, speak up as well and I'll be in cosplay chat heaven.

Hooray for yaoi poses! You'll have to post some of those so my friends and I can squee over them. One of my friends is a total Sima Yi x Zhang He fangirl. I'll definitely be getting some yaoi pictures with my husband as well. Xiahou Dun might not be generally considered a pretty boy, but I think he's cute... *hides*
Unread 03-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #705
tsukinohime3
Locked in my Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliohsa
ok. look this stuff and answer ===> www.__cosaplays_dynastypml.deal_ws.com

DON'T CLICK THAT LINK, EVERYONE!! THE MODS HAVE BEEN ALERTED TO THIS USER'S SCHEME! ELIOHSA HAS DONE THIS IN 11 OTHER THREADS!! DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK!!
tsukinohime3 is offline   Reply With Quote