Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 03-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #1141
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaav_Xellos
Rydain- yeah unfortunately i'm not on the 'smaller' side so strict taping to skin probably won't work too well. i was thinking of getting a tight sports or compression bra and then wrapping bandages around since Gan Ning wears bandages up to his ribs (i'd alter the costume so that it comes up over my chest) i already posted in the crossplay forums, so hopefully i can get help there.

thanks though guys ^-^;
I agree with what's already been suggested - the skintone bodysuit over your bound chest. That way, you could also paint Gan Ning's tattoos onto the bodysuit... a lot of Japanese cosplayers do that - it's an awesome effect!

Oh! I've seen girls cosplaying Sanosuke with their bandages raised to cover their chest, and it looks good, too! Either way, you're going to look brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuongStar
Is anyone planning and/or has previously made anything from the Wei Kingdom? ;_; Seriously, they get no love!
Rydain's done an awesome Zhang He, and there are a lot of Zhen Ji cosplayers in the members' gallery.

I hope to be cosplaying Sima Yi sometime this year... if I can get the money together for all of his brocade and feathers. X_x

Last edited by Melanie : 03-23-2006 at 09:16 AM.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #1142
SuzukaZakuro

HuongStar-Melanie is right, there are quite a few Zhen Ji cosplayers in the galleries and a scattering of Zhang He's, one of which is Rydain's. I also remember seeing a Sima Yi and a couple of Zhang Liaos one or two years back.
Unread 03-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #1143
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

Quote:
Is anyone planning and/or has previously made anything from the Wei Kingdom? ;_; Seriously, they get no love!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
I hope to be cosplaying Sima Yi sometime this year... if I can get the money together for all of his brocade and feathers. X_x
Me too!! Except I'll be cosplaying Cao Pi!
I hear you Melanie...so much broccade o.O
Oh speaking of which, I found some of the nicest broaccade the other day...except it was an offcut The broccade mocks me <_<;;

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #1144
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

I've been looking around at more binding stuff, and I figure I'll go with a skin colored leotard as suggested. I have a boyfriend who's an artist who offered to draw the tattoos on me (he will possibly do Ling Tong with me xD) so I got that taken care of. I'm still unsure if I should use ACE bandages, medical tape, or white elastic as the wrapping over the leotard though... If any of you guys have any other suggestions please let me know, but thank you again. ^-^

Also, any thoughts on how to make the gold snake patterned cloth on Gan Ning's (DW4) right thigh? x_X

Cosplays... COMING SOON.
Valgaav_Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2006, 02:43 AM   #1145
TrigunWolf
Man of the Cloth

Quote:
Twink, I've been saying this since I started reading up on Dynasty Warriors cosplay!

But it's all good. I got some plans for the Wei Kingdom....well someday anyways.
TrigunWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #1146
The Metric Ruler
The Ruler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrigunWolf
Twink, I've been saying this since I started reading up on Dynasty Warriors cosplay!

But it's all good. I got some plans for the Wei Kingdom....well someday anyways.
James, any plans for Wei stuff at A-kon?
The Metric Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #1147
SuzukaZakuro

Valgaav- Well, it seems extreme, but you could hand-paint all of the patterns on the fabric. It takes a while, but you have more control. All of my Zhu Rong costume is hand painted, and so is a good deal of MadameSolaris' Zhen Ji. (Both from DW5) You could also use stencils to aid the hand painting. I wouldn't recommend the fabric spray-paint, however. It's messy and not very practical.
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #1148
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

Suzuka- Thanks for the tip. But is it just me, or does it look like some sort of silk cloth wrapped around rather than a painted on fabric? I want it to be as accurate as possible.. so yeah sorry lol. If I can't find any other way to do it, I may just paint it on regardless.

Cosplays... COMING SOON.
Valgaav_Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2006, 12:58 AM   #1149
Melanie

Valgaav - For my brother's Gan Ning leg wrap, I just used gold brocade with a dragon design on it... and it turned out okay.

But, in hindsight, I probably would have gone for a gold brocade with a maze design on it (it looks a lot more accurate) - http://www.gofabric.com/customer/pro...cat=284&page=1
Unread 03-28-2006, 03:01 AM   #1150
TrigunWolf
Man of the Cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaro Oe
James, any plans for Wei stuff at A-kon?

Man, not unless I can get off my lazy ass and get something together. I wasn't planning on doing any Wei stuff this year, but then I heard you had plans with Dun.

Soo now I'm thinking about it. Maybe I could do Yuan and we could do the brothers? lol, I would need an alot of help with stuff though, since I suck at pretty much everything.

We need to hang out and talk about some ideas, yo!
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #1151
HuongStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrigunWolf
Man, not unless I can get off my lazy ass and get something together. I wasn't planning on doing any Wei stuff this year, but then I heard you had plans with Dun.

Soo now I'm thinking about it. Maybe I could do Yuan and we could do the brothers? lol, I would need an alot of help with stuff though, since I suck at pretty much everything. We need to hang out and talk about some ideas, yo!
I wish I could help but we're pretty overbooked already this year. So much of the DW stuff is detail-intensive so it would require so much time. The good thing about DW cosplay is that it isn't really timely/trendy so you can always take your time with making the costume.
Unread 03-28-2006, 11:45 AM   #1152
TrigunWolf
Man of the Cloth

Quote:
I wish I could help but we're pretty overbooked already this year. So much of the DW stuff is detail-intensive so it would require so much time. The good thing about DW cosplay is that it isn't really timely/trendy so you can always take your time with making the costume.
I completely agree. Very detail-intensive. I'm heading to a fabric store Friday, 'cause I got an e-mail about a sale going on. So hopefully I'll get some stuff there. I think I'm just gonna stick with my original plan to get Wei Yan done as my first DW costume. We'll see how that goes.
Unread 03-29-2006, 10:33 PM   #1153
SuzukaZakuro

Valgaav- Oops! I just now looked at a reference picture of Gan Ning, and it does indeed look like fabric tied about his leg. Sorry about that, my mind is not a reliable source of reference. And in reference to what Melanie said about the patterns, I agree. It looks more like that maze pattern than anything.
Unread 03-30-2006, 06:14 AM   #1154
Melanie

Yay! If all goes according to plan (yeah, right X_x), I should have my Ma Chao costume finished within the next week! And I hereby declare him the most traumatic costume I've ever made.

Aww man... TrigunWolf, I would love to cosplay alongside your Wei Yan!!!
Unread 03-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #1155
pearle
Photogcos

Melanie >> Can't wait to see your Ma Chao!!!
pearle is offline   Reply With Quote