Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 08-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #1306
bamboocactus
Reporting live from Japan

I sort of know how, but I'm going to let the sewing goddesses answer that one :3

Update: I just recieved my Ling Tong in the mail today. By "recieved", I mean it was returned. UPS tried for THREE DAYS to deliver it to that *expletive*, and she never even picked it up. I'm mailing it back again, I'm expecting compensation for my shipping costs, and she had damn well get it PERFECT this time. If I haven't said it before, I'll say it again: don't EVER buy ANYTHING from the eBay seller YinYinCSCloset.com. That is all.

-Heishiro Mitsurugi (Soulcalibur IV) ... Coming soon...

-A Pimp Named Uruhara (Mod - Bleach) ... 100%

-Heishiro Mitsurugi (P3, Soul Calibur II) ... 100%

Last edited by bamboocactus : 08-02-2006 at 01:43 PM.
bamboocactus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #1307
Mandyness
Meep! Yip! and Woof!

((This is Valgaav_Xellos under my friends sn at her house btw ^_^))

Bamboocactus:
You should at least wear it for Otakon and then return it, but whatever x_X

Personally, Lizzie and I have never had problems with that seller. She gives you what you pay for. I actually just realized she was one of the people who both of us got our Gothic Lolita costumes (well the commissioned parts anyway) from.

To pay 150 bucks or something for a DW costume will give you that quality of the costume you had received. Cassie paid 450 dollars for her costume and thus got the higher quality for the larger sum of money she paid. The only reason I got such high quality garments for my Gan Ning outfit for 100 bucks was because only PART of the costume was commissioned and plus I know her personally and she gave me a discount.

Just figured I'd let you know, most people who would be commissioned for something similar at that price would probably give you the same quality as she did.

But that's just me saying that. ;p
Unread 08-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #1308
bamboocactus

That would be good advice if I didn't already know that. For one, I can't wear it. Why do you think I've been sending it back? It's not wearable, and the costume is just out and out *wrong*. Like, it doesn't look anything like the reference pictures. It's wrong. Yesh.

Secondly, the quality is great. The fabrics are wonderful, and VERY expensive, I can tell. Different commissioners will get you different qualities for different prices. YinYin did my Chuunin vest and I love it, it's perfect. But this one was really a "miss". The big problem is that her communication is horrible, she barely speaks English, she hardly ever replies, and she won't recieve my package; it keeps getting sent back. Even after she said that she would go pick it up.

So like I said, it's really hit-or-miss with her, and if you're going to pay good money for a commission, why would you even want the CHANCE of it being a 'miss'? Logic dictates you wouldn't. The fact of the matter is that when a problem arises, she is an inadequate and inept businesswoman, harsh as that may sound, but it's just the truth. I've paid over 200 dollars for this thing now, and I'm pretty pissed off about it all, so lecturing me about how commissioning works isn't really the best way to respond ^_^;. I've already started doing commissions myself, and my girlyfriend and myself will be knocking out the DW cosplays from now on (she being an amazing seamstress herself), so I don't have to worry about this anymore after this little escapade. So thank you for the concern, I'm sure I'll be okay. Worst comes to worst we can just fix the costume ourselves, but I'd like to get my money's worth ^_^

Last edited by bamboocactus : 08-02-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Unread 08-03-2006, 10:09 AM   #1309
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie
Just a random question, but how would you go about appliquing (sp?) designs onto fabrics? That sounds interesting.
Draw the design out on the paper side of some Vlisofix (Vilene / Wunder Under), iron it onto the back of your applique fabric. Cut the design out, following the lines on the Vlisofix. Then, peel the paper backing off and iron it onto the costume.

If the applique is large and thick, I recommend going around it with satin stitch to keep it in place. If the applique is small or intricate, the Vlisofix should be able to keep it stuck where it's supposed to be. If worse comes to worst and the applique does fall off, you can just iron it back on with no troubles.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #1310
kkoganei1328
chachamaru!!

for those of you who dont know what 'wunder under' or 'viline/ vlisofix' is. the american equivalent is 'Heat n Bond' =D (gotta love the stuff ^_^) they sell in different grades. heavy duty for heavier fabrics, vinyl and light for their respective materials.
kkoganei1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 12:12 AM   #1311
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboocactus
That would be good advice if I didn't already know that. For one, I can't wear it. Why do you think I've been sending it back? It's not wearable, and the costume is just out and out *wrong*. Like, it doesn't look anything like the reference pictures. It's wrong. Yesh.

Secondly, the quality is great. The fabrics are wonderful, and VERY expensive, I can tell. Different commissioners will get you different qualities for different prices. YinYin did my Chuunin vest and I love it, it's perfect. But this one was really a "miss". The big problem is that her communication is horrible, she barely speaks English, she hardly ever replies, and she won't recieve my package; it keeps getting sent back. Even after she said that she would go pick it up.

So like I said, it's really hit-or-miss with her, and if you're going to pay good money for a commission, why would you even want the CHANCE of it being a 'miss'? Logic dictates you wouldn't. The fact of the matter is that when a problem arises, she is an inadequate and inept businesswoman, harsh as that may sound, but it's just the truth. I've paid over 200 dollars for this thing now, and I'm pretty pissed off about it all, so lecturing me about how commissioning works isn't really the best way to respond ^_^;. I've already started doing commissions myself, and my girlyfriend and myself will be knocking out the DW cosplays from now on (she being an amazing seamstress herself), so I don't have to worry about this anymore after this little escapade. So thank you for the concern, I'm sure I'll be okay. Worst comes to worst we can just fix the costume ourselves, but I'd like to get my money's worth ^_^
I understand the hit or miss situation with her, and yeah you wouldnt wanna pay a lot for someone like that... but the price thing, even 200 isn't a lot for a DW costume... Cassie paid 450 for hers and on average, DW costumes commissioned with weapons included can run anywhere from 500 to 1000 dollars easy. x_X

Cosplays... COMING SOON.
Valgaav_Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 12:28 AM   #1312
bamboocactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaav_Xellos
DW costumes commissioned with weapons included can run anywhere from 500 to 1000 dollars easy. x_X
*Dies*

Unread 08-08-2006, 08:12 AM   #1313
Melanie

It's true. There is no way I would make a DW costume for anything less than a grand. Honestly, I don't know how that commissioner can make a profit with how little she charges... I wouldn't even be able to buy the fabric for $200!

In other news - I have acquired many black turkey feathers! And I managed to find the most perfect fabric for Sima Yi's skirt.

Last edited by Melanie : 08-08-2006 at 08:16 AM.
Unread 08-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #1314
Natalie
Mmmm Mmm candy necklaces

Oh wow. I didn't know you were going to make Sima Yi too! May I ask whom else you're planning?

I'm having the urge to make Zhen Ji (3) again, reeeally soon. After Zhu Rong of course.

Alice: Original Design/Alice in Wonderland 25% (Anime USA)
My Cosplay Site: http://www.geocities.com/lnyworikkukenm/index.htm
My Super Fun and Colorful Jewelry Shop: http://liliesandfire.net/sparklebeastjewelry/
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 12:39 PM   #1315
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

Ooooh Zhen Ji's DW3 dress is GORGEOUS. It's my favorite one of hers I think ^_^

But seriously. I'm gonna weep with fangirl joy once I see your Nu Wa cosplay xDDD

As for me? For AUSA it's looking like it will either be Zhang He (wings) or Zhuge Liang (5).

Cosplays... COMING SOON.
Unread 08-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #1316
bamboocactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaav_Xellos
As for me? For AUSA it's looking like it will either be Zhang He (wings) or Zhuge Liang (5).
That's 2.5 months away, get crackin! o_o;

Unread 08-08-2006, 06:22 PM   #1317
Melanie

Quote:
Oh wow. I didn't know you were going to make Sima Yi too! May I ask whom else you're planning?
Yep, I hope to get Sima Yi finished for a con next April, so I'm just stocking up on materials for him at the moment. It's to complete my set - I haven't cosplayed a Wei officer yet (Himiko doesn't count ).

I was also planning Lu Xun 5, but I don't know... I got really depressed over his 3 costume. It looked absolutely terrible on me, and I can only imagine his 5 (being so similiar) would be the same. I really love the design though, so I'm sort of arguing with myself at the moment.

Quote:
I'm having the urge to make Zhen Ji (3) again, reeeally soon. After Zhu Rong of course.
Awesome! Zhen Ji 3 is a brilliant design... so much sparkly detail! You've got quite the DW list happening!
Unread 08-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #1318
Natalie
Mmmm Mmm candy necklaces

Ooh. My one friend absolutely adores your Lu Xun costumes! He would die if you made another! You should do it! I think they both look awesome. ^_^

Hey, hey, hey.. What happened to Gan Ning for AUSA??? lol. What's the wings version of Zhang He?

I wonder if I'll have time to make Zhu Rong's 5th costume for AUSA now. lol. Nu Wa is almooost finished.. and Zhu Rong really doesn't look hard at all. Hmm..

Alice: Original Design/Alice in Wonderland 25% (Anime USA)
My Cosplay Site: http://www.geocities.com/lnyworikkukenm/index.htm
My Super Fun and Colorful Jewelry Shop: http://liliesandfire.net/sparklebeastjewelry/
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #1319
bamboocactus

I so don't even feel like dealing with this Ling Tong anymore, I'm so tired of dealing with this woman -_- Whether or not any of you think 200 bucks will get me a good cosplay, I still want it to be done right. Either way, I'm paying her money, and she should do her job... which she isn't... blegh.

If it's done by AUSA I'll probably just wear it for a few hours to the shoot and that's that. I have a couple cosplay to do for a while, plus I want to re-debut my Fei Fong Wong. And of course there's always Iruka ^_^

Unread 08-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #1320
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

Natalie- Of course I'm still doing Gan Ning, love! ^_^ I'm just thinking we may end up doing 2 DW shoots, one for friday and the other for saturday. Thus I'd wear Gan Ning to one, and then either Zhang he or Zhugers to the other.

OH. And Zhang He with wings? Take a lookie xD
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...lf/ZhangHe.jpg

I'm doing the one on the right.

Cosplays... COMING SOON.