Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #1441
Misa-chan
batteries not included

Yep, it's definately my favorite too ^^

I decided to do the 4th one first for Tekko (to match my Sun Shang Xiang, and because I have limited sewing hours here at school D: ), and then the 3rd for A-next & Otakon. I'll probably end up doing the 5th one too just to get good use of that flute lol. <3

:: Next: Anime North 09 ::
-Formal Casca (Berserk)
-Shinobu (No More Heroes)
-Bunny Bulma (Dragon Ball)
-Yamine Aku adult ver. (Vocaloid)[?]

2009: Setsucon, Katsucon, Anime North, Anime Expo, Otakon, NYAF, AUSA
Misa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #1442
Natalie
Mmmm Mmm candy necklaces

Are you going with CCAmanda by chance? I saw that she was making Sun Shang for Tekko this year! Ah! The year I don't go, and there are actually DW cosplayers! lol! Just my luck... I will have to look around at Fansview (if Kevin goes) for you guys! Tekko is coming up soon! Have fuuuuun!

I keep pushing my DW cosplays back even more now with all of the Trinity Blood madness I have gotten myself into. I'm pretty sure the next game will come out before I start making one..

Alice: Original Design/Alice in Wonderland 25% (Anime USA)
My Cosplay Site: http://www.geocities.com/lnyworikkukenm/index.htm
My Super Fun and Colorful Jewelry Shop: http://liliesandfire.net/sparklebeastjewelry/
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #1443
Misa-chan
batteries not included

Yep, she's my Sun except she's thinking of switching to Diao Chan.

Has anybody seen the art for DW BB?
http://koeiwarriors.simgames.net/dwbb-artworks.php

I'm hoping the one in pink & grey is Zhen Ji, because I really REALLY love it and I won't have to do a complete 180 character change or postponing it until ANEXT so I have time to finish everything lol.

:: Next: Anime North 09 ::
-Formal Casca (Berserk)
-Shinobu (No More Heroes)
-Bunny Bulma (Dragon Ball)
-Yamine Aku adult ver. (Vocaloid)[?]

2009: Setsucon, Katsucon, Anime North, Anime Expo, Otakon, NYAF, AUSA

Last edited by Misa-chan : 03-19-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Misa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2007, 04:07 AM   #1444
Kazukii
Nyaa

I think the pink and gray one is just based on Zhen Ji's look. From what they wrote up about the game, it says you don't actually get to play any of your known characters from the game. But have to create your own. :/

I could be wrong though.

Last edited by Kazukii : 03-22-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Kazukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #1445
Natalie
Mmmm Mmm candy necklaces

I loved that design the first time I saw it! Although I know absolutely nothing about that game... >.< I like the girl in the pink and green too! Reminds me of a cross between Xing Cai and Xiao Qiao.

My Super Fun and Colorful Jewelry Shop: http://liliesandfire.net/sparklebeastjewelry/
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #1446
bofubutt

Sorry to bump the thread, but I'm having progress with my Sun Ce cosplay for Otakon! I decided to tough it out, and boy, have the results been good. I've just gotten all of the fabric and patterns, and I'm hoping to get started on the tonfas soon. I'll even have a Da Qiao with me, too. D'aaaawww.

Problem is, I have no idea how I would go about making the tonfas. Everything else I can handle (I bought Amethyst Angel's Armor-Making Book, and it's been a godsend so far, but still no idea how I'd make the tonfas). Anyone have any ideas?
bofubutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #1447
bofubutt

Okay, double-post. The tonfas are done! I'll be wearing my Sun Ce cosplay to Otakon and AnimeNEXT this year.

Bad picture

Construction is PVC, with all the offending bumps/lines/etc. sanded off, then bondo for the bamboo-ness. This picture's too bright to show all the details/colors/etc., but they look pretty sweet in person. Might add some minor details, but I doubt it.
Unread 06-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #1448
bubydub
has lots of MENERGY

Is this a dead thread? D:

Anywhoo, my cosplay group is going to do Dynasty Warriors 5. We're doing Sun Ce, Xiao Qiao, Sun Shang Xiang, Zhang He, and Xing Cai. We've never made armor or worked with brocade before, so any tips would be great! : D
Anime Expo
Upcoming cosplays-
Saber (Lily, Fate Unlimited Codes)
Simon (pretimeskip, Gurren Lagann)
Xing Ke (Code Geass)
http://bubydub.deviantart.com
bubydub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #1449
Rydain

It's not dead...just quiet.

I did a Dynasty Warriors 4 Zhang He. The 2006 version of my armor and gauntlets was made from 1/4" Volara 2A insulation foam (the base), 1/8" craft foam (flat trim and designs), and cotton duck upholstery piping (rounded edges on the chest and shoulder armor). My small cosplay site has articles on my armormaking technique and patterning armor.

To successfully work with brocade, realize that it frays like crazy. Whenever I cut out anything that tends to fray, I lay a thin line of Fray Check or a similar product around the edge of each piece as soon as it is cut out. If you aren't lining the garment or binding the seams, overlock or zigzag the cut edges to further prevent fraying. (Fray Check doesn't last forever. I mainly use it to keep the pieces from falling apart as I work with it.) It tends to be slippery, too, so be sure to use tons of pins. As with all fabric, experiment with seam length and tension on scrap fabric so you get a good strong seam with minimal puckering.

I've never gotten around to writing up detailed construction notes for Zhang He, but I can give you a rundown of the basics, and some of this information will be applicable to his DW5 outfit. The sashes are multiple layers of duchess satin. I applied the lightest weight of fusible interfacing to all layers before cutting them out. I stenciled on the white designs with Neopaque fabric paint. As mentioned above, the armor and claws are just foam, upholstery piping, peacock feathers, and acrylic paint. I have some progress pictures in my gallery.
Rydain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #1450
bofubutt

Any word yet on DW cosplayers for AnimeNEXT and Otakon? My girlfriend and I are doing Da Qiao and Sun Ce, respectively, and it'd be nice to get a photoshoot at either con.
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #1451
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

*runs in* I feel so bad for ignoring this thread for so long! XD

bofubutt, your tonfas look sweet! I'll be looking forward to seeing pics of you and your girlfriend in costume!
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #1452
Natalie
Mmmm Mmm candy necklaces

I'll be going to AnimeNEXT, but not in a DW costume sadly. I wore Zhu Rong waaaay back in 04', and a friend of mine, Digikoomi, wore Zhen Ji in 05'. I don't recall seeing anyone from DW there last year. Maybe if you make a post about it in the AnimeNEXT forums you may be able to find some other cosplayers (if you haven't already). I wish I could join you since I've been planning on making Zhen Ji's 3rd game outfit for so long now.. I just don't have the time to whip it together. lol

For Otakon, I'm sure there would be others. It's such a big convention, there has to be some DW cosplay. I've never been to Otakon, but I would almost bet on it.

Unread 06-05-2007, 01:01 PM   #1453
bofubutt

There's usually at least five sets of Qiao sisters at any given Otakon, plus a few lonely ones. At least, if the last two years are any indication.

I've already posted in both the AnimeNEXT and Otakon boards, but to no luck. I have a friend who's trying to do Zhao Yun for both cons as well, but she's been having a hard time lately and might not be able to finish it. I'm trying to make the spear for her though.
Unread 06-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #1454
Natalie
Mmmm Mmm candy necklaces

Yeah, lately I haven't seen as many DW cosplay at conventions. It really has dwindled down. The last convention I saw a decent amount of DW people at was at Katsucon. There were maybe 10 of us total. Anime USA had an awesome gathering as well.

I'm still waiting for some DW6 pics. Although I don't have the PS3 to play it on. >.<

Unread 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #1455
bofubutt

The problem is, even though we all know KOEI's gonna make a DW6, they haven't even announced it yet.

The dwindling DW cosplay population kinda makes me sad, because it took me this long to get enough time to actually make a decent cosplay, and now everybody's moved on to something else. It's like the kid that gets a new toy, only to find out it's not popular anymore, so now he has to get the more expensive toy. I dunno.