Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 05-13-2003, 10:12 AM   #1
Neko Cathy

DDR Peeps

Just out of curiosity, is anyone here planning to either do the DDR Tourney or even cosplay as one of the chars? Everyone already knows my plans..
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2003, 12:33 PM   #2
JacksUsername
Palahniuk fanatic

LOL, I'll probably play, but i don't know about entering the tourney...I'm a pretty good player, but I usually play more casually than competing, but I might enter if its at a convenient time.
Unread 05-14-2003, 12:04 PM   #3
Fist
The Martial Artist

I think I'll enter... I think alot of people mind find it humorous seeing Lupin the III play DDR lol, most likely I'll enter the Maniac division

www.baltimoreotaku.org for Otaku on the Eastern half of the US to know one another! ... heck its for everyone!
Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 12:20 PM   #4
Luna Selene
Bookworm Extraordinaire

Erm...I doubt I'll do a DDR tourney...but I have a MAX version of Alice's costume (A-team, in other words), that I'm considering on bringing. I'll just need a new wig for it before Otakon...I hate the blue one I had to decide to bring to Acen.
Luna Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 06:10 PM   #5
dizzylizzy
I sew things

bringing my emi costume? yes

doing the tourney? lol hells no! i'm pretty decent... but uh... no.... those people can rock my world. ::falls over::

having a mini-"tourney" in hotel room for fun? you know it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 07:31 PM   #6
KuroBara
dog of the military

I'm in on the mini-tourney in Lizzy's room, but I dont' think I'm bringing my Nina costume. Hmm...think think think...

Neko Cathy- I love your sig pic, it's adorable!
Unread 05-14-2003, 07:46 PM   #7
Studmaster
The King of Games!

If I'm where I want to be at (i.e. Passing Catas) then I may enter for fun. If not....Mini Tourney it is.
Studmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 07:53 PM   #8
isami
Mid or Feed

The fact that I just passed the twist on trick last time I DDRed is enough to tell you that there's no way in heck that I'm doing it. ^-^
isami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 08:21 PM   #9
Raine

I'm okay at DDR, and I'll be honing my skills up until then, so.. I may enter the tourney, if there's a section for beginners or intermediates, and not just people who can do Oni Mode without breaking a sweat.
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 08:46 AM   #10
Neko Cathy

<<Neko Cathy- I love your sig pic, it's adorable!>>\
U want it? PM me and you can use it.

<<I think I'll enter... I think alot of people mind find it humorous seeing Lupin the III play DDR lol, most likely I'll enter the Maniac division>>
That's great... Megaplayboy's going as Onizuka from GTO and will be DDRing. Sadly, he's not going as my Akira for Otakon like he did for Katsu. I'm also thinking about doing the Maniac division or I'll be mocked as a coward for doing Standard by my friends. I don't think the judges would like my freestyling in a mini-skirt when everyone could see my panties... I can see doing that would disqaulify me instantly. Other than that... I'll perform the DDR version of the Riverdance on Maniac

<<having a mini-"tourney" in hotel room for fun? you know it!>>
SWEET! Just don't make too much noise for the hotel staff to complain and kick you out because Katsucon tried to kick my semi-group members out for banging around w/ DDR up in the room.

<<If I'm where I want to be at (i.e. Passing Catas) then I may enter for fun. If not....Mini Tourney it is.>>
I'm not that good either to win tourney's yet, but I'm slowly getting there (F YOU MAX300!!!). I'm pretty sure someone who has absolutely no life but DDR, can come in and own me so bad. Megaplayboy and this girl cosplaying as Emi I've met at the arcade (I'm also hanging out w/ her) can whoop my ass in a DDR tourney even though my skills are almost matched to theirs. I'm pretty good, can pull a 9 footer w/ a B rating, but I'm not that damn good. If people wanna see a DDR character DDRing, why pass it up? It's still fun and hey, at least you tried and learned something about it to improve.

<<I may enter the tourney, if there's a section for beginners or intermediates, and not just people who can do Oni Mode without breaking a sweat.>>
There is, but be prepared to stick around the gaming room for a long time. Last time I heard, the whole damn tourney took the entire day on Saturday last year and if it's going to be the same for this year... I might consider skipping the Tourney and just DDR in a non-competitive level (and yes, there are DDR stations that aren' used for the tourney). I'm not sticking around for just one event and miss out on the events going on at at the entire con.

Last edited by Neko Cathy : 05-15-2003 at 08:50 AM.
Unread 05-15-2003, 11:18 AM   #11
dizzylizzy
I sew things

lol i know abou thte ddr in the hotel room at kastu thing.... lol... well, not that version, but we had a similiar experience. the person staying next to us complained. we were playing it during the day when people are suppose to be out doing whatever they're to do.... i think he was just cranky about the snow..... but yeah... i hear ya about the banging. ^o^ (lives in an apt and can't play ddr.) i'm paraniod anyways with the banging. i could play right now knowing there's no one hom eunder me, but a part of me is like... what IF they ARE home! lmao

anyhow....man, if the tourney goes all day... that really blows. a lot of stuff goes on during saturday. well, if you enter we'll (my buds) will stop by and cheer you on!!!! :::holds up a "neko cathy 3:16" sign:::

btw... if there any typos... sorry... i don't have my glasses on! meep!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 08:55 PM   #12
Neko Cathy

Dude yea, the Katsucon staff members were a bunch of dicks. The hotel staff members were cool with everything, it was the Katsucon staff who bitched about DDR in the hotel rooms. Plus it's against hotel rules to bring your own TV/video game equipment from what I heard from another person... . But other than that, bringing your own DDR equipment to the hotel room is a great way to warm up before the tourney.

But yea, cheer me and the other Cosplay.com people on for having the guts to go in front of everyone and do their thing on the DDR pad. If not, then that's cool too, do whatever. LoL... Neko Cathy 3:16.
Unread 05-16-2003, 02:16 PM   #13
Raine

If it's gunna take all day, then what's the point? Geez x.x I'll stick to embarassing myself non-competitively, thanks ^^
Unread 05-21-2003, 10:37 AM   #14
Fist
The Martial Artist

ALL DAY!? ... dang this means that my friend (who might be going as a slightly overweight Jigen hehe) may not enter, nor would I... I don't wanna have all of Saturday on my first year of Otakon spent at a DDR tourney T_T lol

www.baltimoreotaku.org for Otaku on the Eastern half of the US to know one another! ... heck its for everyone!
Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2003, 09:05 PM   #15
Raine

If there are any open machines not in the tourney, THAT's where I'll be. Definitely.