Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 05-13-2003, 02:32 PM   #1
isami
Mid or Feed

Arrow NJ Area Pre-Con Get-Together/At Con Singles Lunch Break. Ideas, People!!

Ok, as promised, I started a new thread on this so we can get to the drawing board. We need a committee! XD

First things first: Do we want to make both happen? ::coughYEScough:: For either or, we need Time/Place. Very Important. July is obvious month.
Ok, get cracking, guys.

Kiwi Zing
Otakudom Rules
------------------------
Upcoming Cons
AB ? || A-Next || Otakon || M-Next

Live Journal \\ Deviant Art

Last edited by isami : 05-13-2003 at 02:35 PM.
isami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2003, 03:03 PM   #2
moonclarinet
paraparafunifuni! tamago!

yes! both!

ok for at con thing: i vote saturday as the best day to plan things since i'd say anyone who's going will most likely be there that day if any of them. now i don't know what big events people are involved in that day and stuff, so maybe we should keep an updated list of those on this first page of posts? then we can find a time that works for everyone to get together and have a lunch/party/thingy

out of con thing: i already posted my availability, but i'll do so again for anyone just checking out this thread. if we're keeping it to July, no problems here for any time! just need a couple weeks notice i think the best idea for that would be to get together maybe at someone's house if anyone was willing to do that? i only say so b/c i think this isn't too large a gropu of people, and mall or other public place might not be as conducive to getting to know each other ^_^ Tell me of any other ideas! Also, i think there are enough picnics going around to last a lifetime, so maybe stay away from those :-p
moonclarinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 03:37 PM   #3
isami
Mid or Feed

Con Thing: Hmm. Saturday and your reasoning sound pretty good to me. If we all agree with Sat, we can start making a list of what food/snacks everyone can bring. The time can always wait til later once a rough schedual of events is made up so we know what time major things to avoid are taking place.

Pre-Con Thing: The only problem I see with going to someone's house is mostly for the younger people, and myself. My mother would have a major fit about me going to the house of someone that I met *online*. Unless of course I tell her that it was someone I met at an earlier con, which would work, but she'd still be iffy on it. I think that's why a public place might be better, but if all else fails, i'm sure she'd let me go.

~Isa
Unread 05-13-2003, 03:46 PM   #4
DigiKitty
I'm blue..dabadee dabadaa

Mmm...well for the pre-con thing, I'd say the last week or so of July would be good for me....heh...well...anything after the 21st is good. Heh...I'll be at Japanese camp until then...^_^;; Oooh and then RealmRPGer can come too (he's visting after camp) heh...he's moving to NJ soon....so I guess he's one of the gang, right?
DigiKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 03:50 PM   #5
DigiKitty
I'm blue..dabadee dabadaa

Quote:
Originally posted by isami
Pre-Con Thing: The only problem I see with going to someone's house is mostly for the younger people, and myself. My mother would have a major fit about me going to the house of someone that I met *online*. Unless of course I tell her that it was someone I met at an earlier con, which would work, but she'd still be iffy on it. I think that's why a public place might be better, but if all else fails, i'm sure she'd let me go.
Yup...my mom is like that too. Heh...let's just pick a mall or something. Heehee...a mall with DDR...mmmmm....DDR....*drools*
DigiKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 04:01 PM   #6
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

Hehahha~! Im free anytime XD by my old house there was a park...a shit park....but it could work.....
Xx Lulu xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 04:27 PM   #7
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Long as those of us relying on public transportation can get there! ^_^ I vote northern jersey somewhere.
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 04:32 PM   #8
MrWonderfulToji
Gettin the grill ignited

well there are quite a few parks near my area, deer path park probably being the nicest. there's also a pretty nice mall and asian supermarket near me.
of course we will all want it kind of near to us, maybe we could find a kinda center point that would make it easy for EVERYONE to get to.. also, carpools will help a lot, I have a car at home, and can fit 4 comfortably, 5 if it has to. maybe have a central meeting point, then me and another driver *if needed* can take everyone to the park/mall? just throwing ideas out here people, lemme know how it all sounds! ^^
sean
MrWonderfulToji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 04:36 PM   #9
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

How about Rockaway or Willowbrook?

Would anyone want this pre-con get-together be the "NJ mall get-together" then perhaps?
Unread 05-13-2003, 04:51 PM   #10
makonurikoryoko

Quote:
Originally posted by DigiKitty
Mmm...well for the pre-con thing, I'd say the last week or so of July would be good for me....heh...well...anything after the 21st is good. Heh...I'll be at Japanese camp until then...^_^;; Oooh and then RealmRPGer can come too (he's visting after camp) heh...he's moving to NJ soon....so I guess he's one of the gang, right?
Japanese camp?! XD where the heck is this? I wanna go!
makonurikoryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 05:14 PM   #11
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Dude, let's all sneak in!
Unread 05-13-2003, 05:16 PM   #12
isami
Mid or Feed

Well, we need the northern most and southern most people to tell us where they're located, so we can find a central point (but not just some random place BECAUSE it's central. An area near somebod will be nice...) . I live in central jersey, so anything's pretty much good for me. XD

~Isa

Last edited by isami : 05-13-2003 at 05:19 PM.
Unread 05-13-2003, 05:21 PM   #13
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Dover, in Morris County.
*unrolls the map*
Unread 05-13-2003, 05:23 PM   #14
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

count me in. I'm up Passaic County, about 20 minutes from the city (NYC, what else?) so I'm not too sure where everything else is in relation to where I'm at. If there's simple driving directions or a bus that stops there (I'm sure there's buses!) that'd be spiffy. although I'm totally at a loss for location...
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 06:00 PM   #15
Studmaster
The King of Games!

Okay....I'm not from Jersey

But some advice for those planning something.

If you want to plan something at a convention on a Saturday, be forewarned that Saturdays are usually Cosplayer's busiest day, as the most gatherings, and photoshoots, and the Masquerade/Cosplay Contest. So if you're going to have a gathering keep those in mind.
2004 has just begun. Are you ready to seize this new year, and grasp things never thought possible. Let go of the past, and the pain it may have bought. It is time to make the best of the present, to secure the future.

The 2004 Studmaster World Tour as of 11/25/03: Katuscon, Philly Gaming Classic (Satuday only), Anime Boston, Animazement Anime Next , Anime Expo, Otakon, Dragon*Con, Nekocon? Anime USA?, MagFest 3.0?
Studmaster is offline   Reply With Quote