Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime LA

Unread 08-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Hazel Chaz

Masquerade Overflow Plans

I thought you guys might be interested to hear what we've worked out for the Masquerade.

The building shown here is the convention center building at the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center. We've got that entire building. The ballroom they call "Academy 1" will be our LP1 room. We'll set up the stage Friday morning, and it'll stay that way all weekend long. The room called "Academy 6" will be on the other side of an airwall from LP1 -- and that will be our Masquerade Green Room. Indoors, air-conditioned, and we'll just have them leave out a 3-foot section of the airwall so you can go from the Green Room to Backstage without having to go out into the halls or back corridors.

The Indoor Photo Gathering room will be near there, in either "Sunset" or "Vine", and Kokuu will have it set up with lights and photo backdrop paper all weekend. So it will be convenient for photography Saturday night, as well as organized gatherings and informal drop-in use all weekend.

This photo is from a corner of the foyer area. See how their photo has some tables and a few comfy chairs? We don't plan to have the tables. We're going to have all of the hotel's comfortable couches and chairs that they can spare, plus additional benches, couches, and beanbag chairs that we buy, borrow, or rent for the weekend. That whole area is going to be for lounging around. We're trying to "out-lobby the lobby" to make this the place for conversation and just hanging out and chillling. (The front lobby of the hotel is nice, but it's further away, and not as big a place to gather.)

The area is right next to our Registration and Information desks, it's in front of the Dealer's Room (which is next door to LP1) and it's by our Artist's Alley area.

It's also where we're going to set up a repeater monitor (with audio) for overflow seating to watch the Masquerade. We're going to do the same in the Masquerade Green Room, and also in the Blue Rose Maid Cafe (Con Suite).

(In fact, our plans are to have a local Wi-Fi network to broadcast the Masquerade over, so almost anyone with a laptop can have their own front-row seat.)

So: If you're entering the Masquerade, rest assured that we want all of the fans Saturday night to be able to see you!
April: Cosplay Sewing Circle (2014-04-15); Anime Conji (starts 2014-04-18)
May: Baycon (starts 2014-05-23)

Last edited by Hazel Chaz : 08-22-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Hazel Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-14-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Sakurada
Cute as a Button!~

Exciting! XD
Sakurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 12:52 AM   #3
Char350
MOTTO MOTTO!

Wow, seems like a nice setup. I'll be looking forward to it =D
Diamond/Lucas - Pokemon Platinum
Cheren - Pokemon Black & White
Ian Vashti - Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Katori Shingo - Bistro SMAP
Ikari Gai - Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Char350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
edo_oniichan
Masquerade Lover

Sounds great! Of course, I'm going to be in line early anyways. But last year I waited in line for 2 hours...and I got a seat in one of the back rows. XD And there was the longest line I had ever seen (well, not as long as the Anime Expo lines, but you catch my drift) going down that long "No Pictures" hallway. So hopefully this year will be better.

Speaking of lines, where are you going to direct the line when it gets...well, long?
Staff Member, Panel Participant, Ribbon Giver

Cosplays In Progress
Hachikuji Mayoi (Bakemonogatari) : Wig (68%)
Rakka (Haibane Renmei) : Planned for AX2010
edo_oniichan is offline   Reply With Quote