Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Pacific Media Expo

Unread 08-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
Dal_Segno
Who loves, raves.

Cosplay Question

...I hate to sound all n00b like, but I'm really curious.

What's the situation with any form of a masquerade at PMX? I've never been to PMX, but my friend who has gone before invited me to go with her this year, so I'm really looking into going. But as I started looking around on the site, I can't find any information on a cosplay contest/masquerade. I checked the forums, which were very dry, and don't list any years on the posts. I found the website quite unhelpfull, with many of the buttons running off the page and unaccasable.

Can someone fill me in on what exactly is going on with the cosplay? I was really looking foward to this con, untill I started seeing this lag in communication, which now has me highly doubting the event as worth my time and money. Please keep in mind that I'll be driving from Phoenix, Arizona to get there, which is around a 6 hour drive, and I have school that week.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide!
Kalas

Assassin: "Where are you going?"
Tealīc: "I am leaving. You are about to explode."

~~~~

FW Ink Wig Dye FAQ
Icon by: Silfar

Dal_Segno is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
Kouga-Fan
Shukaku

I hate to say it, but Pacific Media Expo isn't really worth all of that. I've gone before, so I know.
Kouga-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
Super No 1
Yeah!!!!

This convention has been traditionally late in coming out with announcements. Nothing's open on the site expect for hotel registration. Registration is not even open and it's less than 3 months away. I really don't know why they do this since travelling to a con requires a lot of preparation for some people.

This was the same thing that happened last year. Announcements didn't start coming out until about 2 months until the convention, but the announcements were pretty damn good and for me, it was the best con of the year. There are things that I do at this convention that I don't get to do at any other convention.

As for the masquerade, they have one of the best masquerade coordinators in the business. It's always a good show. Participants usually don't have too much to complain about after it's all done.
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)
Super No 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
Dal_Segno
Who loves, raves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super No 1 View Post
As for the masquerade, they have one of the best masquerade coordinators in the business. It's always a good show. Participants usually don't have too much to complain about after it's all done.
That's good to hear. =D

But what I'm worried about is that I've seen that the past years had registeration deadlines on August 30th for the masq, but I can't find anything concerning this year on that. I think I'll email the cordinator. O_o

Assassin: "Where are you going?"
Tealīc: "I am leaving. You are about to explode."

~~~~

FW Ink Wig Dye FAQ
Icon by: Silfar

Dal_Segno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:34 AM   #5
kagomechan
Pirate

The masquerade last year was one of the best I've been in ^_^ The coordinators are very nice and they're very helpful. I had fun just hanging out and going to gatherings. Althought the Artist Ally was in kinda a weird place. XD Can't win them all..

-Kags

-------------
kagomechan is offline   Reply With Quote