Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 05-16-2003, 06:41 AM   #1
Flea
Magical Girl

Team Magma Costume: I'm Running out of time

I am tring to make this costume but I cant find the right color sweatshirt. I have been looking for almost a month and I can't find it. I need the costume by the 25th. What should I do? Should I just use a regular red sweatshirt? or should I keep looking for the right color?
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2003, 09:01 AM   #2
Blayne

I'd be more concerned with a sweatshirt that would match the red of the gloves, boots, and belt, so that the overall look has some congruency. (if that's possible) ^_^
Blayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2003, 09:05 AM   #3
Flea
Magical Girl

I was going to make the glove and arm things out of what was left of the sweatshirt after I cut the bottom off. But now I that I think of it, their might not be anough fabric to do that.
Unread 05-16-2003, 06:47 PM   #4
Mouse
Village Idiot: Wanted

That sounds like it might work, but if you're really having trouble finding the right color, you might be able to buy everything in white and then try a fabric dye. I've never worked with it, though, but it could work. If you did it right, everything would come out the same shade/color, too.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2003, 07:40 AM   #5
Flea
Magical Girl

Okay. I am going out today to buy all white stuff. How many boxes of fabric dye will I need? I am getting a color called "wine". I will be dying a sweatshirt, a belt, and fapric for the arm/leg warmers. Will 2 boxes be enough? I dont know anything about this :P
Unread 05-25-2003, 07:10 PM   #6
Mouse
Village Idiot: Wanted

I have no idea, I don't either ^_^;; Help us! Someone who knows about dye! Help us! *runs around like a headless chocobo*

..I am not helping anyone, am I?
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2003, 07:33 PM   #7
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

Alright.
Find a white Sweatshirt.
Go to Micheals,Wal-Mart,Jo-Anns,Hancocks,or any other fabric store.
Buy about.....1/2 yards of white quilting material,this should be thick enough for your boots and arm pieces.Make the gloves out of the sweatshirt cut off's.
Proceed to go and search for a)A couple bottles of Liquid RIT dye or b)A couple of boxes of powdered RIT dye in the color you're looking for.Instructions for dying are on the boxes/bottles.
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2003, 09:22 PM   #8
RyanW
The missing Link

Why don't you guys just find someone who can sew and make a sweatshirt out of fabric? You're going to save a lot of time vs. going hunting for the perfect sweatshirt.

But yeah, if you do dye a white sweatshirt, it'll not only work, it'll probably come out really well.

Just remember to add salt to your mixture, and don't let the shirt wrinkle in the dye bath too much, or the wrinkles will show as dark lines.
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 08:47 PM   #9
M00gle
OH NO! NINJA!

ooh I want to do Team Magma in the near future as well ^_^! Don't worry about being too exact, as long as it matches the other features. Dye would be my first idea ^.~ (though I'm sure someone's said that already)
M00gle is offline   Reply With Quote