Demyx
Larxene
Namine
Kairi
Fry
Leela
Zoidberg
Tamaki (Ouran High School Host Club)

Those are the main characters/character roles we're looking for. There are other roles in the ensemble which we will also be casting for. If you are on facebook, we have a group there in which we post the dates of all our events, so I'd advise you to look it up.

Keep checking back for more updates!

My greatest sin has always been that I have a wonderful time being myself.
-Lestat
Nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
Gale
All the world's a stage

Oooh, exciting. Are these the characters we'd try to have each played by separate actors, or might some actors double up on some of these roles?

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale View Post
Oooh, exciting. Are these the characters we'd try to have each played by separate actors, or might some actors double up on some of these roles?

There would be no reason to have actors double up on roles. We're expecting a much greater turnout at auditions this year, and therefore we will hopefully not need to doublecast, though we will if necessary.

However, we will also most likely be casting understudies this year, since it was proved necessary in the 07 musical, so we will probably be "doubling up" in that way.^^

-Lestat
Unread 09-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Gale
All the world's a stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwanda View Post
However, we will also most likely be casting understudies this year, since it was proved necessary in the 07 musical, so we will probably be "doubling up" in that way.^^
Oh, 2007 musical...what a learning experience you were! lol

Unread 09-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #5
JeiC
Sanity...is not an option

I found the facebook group...I was just wondering if there was a little more information. I'm kinda interested, but I honestly wasn't able to attend the musical this past year.
JeiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
SillyLilNeko
Free hugs! C:

I would be interested. Would it be alright to add maybe Death Note characters. C:
Cause me and my 3 friends are cosplaying L, Light, and Misa. XC

Tira - Soul Calibure 4
SillyLilNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
Gale
All the world's a stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLilNeko View Post
I would be interested. Would it be alright to add maybe Death Note characters. C:
Cause me and my 3 friends are cosplaying L, Light, and Misa. XC
From the sounds of things the script we have is pretty set as far as characters we're using, and I'd expect if ANYTHING we're going to cut down on the number of characters if need be instead of adding them. This isn't just some little skit; its a full out musical play and we can't simply throw in characters left and right with no reason besides "someone already has the costume."

That said, I'm not really on the excec. board whose running the show this year, so Christina would have to tell you for sure.

Also, I'm pretty sure we're going to have auditions, since we did last year, so while already owning the costume for some of these may help, you also do have to show up and prove you can do well portraying the role at least marginally well (not that I'm insinuating you can't, since I don't know you, but just putting it out there that there IS an audition process)

Unread 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
JeiC
Sanity...is not an option

I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for more information. I'm planning on cosplaying Axel soon, which is kinda what got me interested when I saw him on the list.
JeiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #9
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Quote:
From the sounds of things the script we have is pretty set as far as characters we're using, and I'd expect if ANYTHING we're going to cut down on the number of characters if need be instead of adding them. This isn't just some little skit; its a full out musical play and we can't simply throw in characters left and right with no reason besides "someone already has the costume."

That said, I'm not really on the excec. board whose running the show this year, so Christina would have to tell you for sure.

Also, I'm pretty sure we're going to have auditions, since we did last year, so while already owning the costume for some of these may help, you also do have to show up and prove you can do well portraying the role at least marginally well (not that I'm insinuating you can't, since I don't know you, but just putting it out there that there IS an audition process)
As Gale said, we DO have the list set....at the moment. However, things are apt to change. Death Note is a show we really did want to add this year, due to it's huge popularity, but it just didn't end up fitting in. The reason we have the outline done this early in the game is so that we can work with it as we go along.

However, you can definitely play your own characters in ensemble roles, and one thing we'll be working with is fitting in little walk on roles for people who we feel merit them.^^

In addition, we will not be cutting character from the list we already have, with the exception of Brock Samson, who isn't actually in the script yet. We are actively looking for someone who can decently play him, and if we do not find such an actor, we will have to cut the character from the play. *weeps* I heart Brock.

As far as the extra information goes that you, JeiC, are looking for, I can private message you here about it, and I'll look for you on facebook as well. If you're definitely going to audition, I'll be sure to keep in touch and keep you up to date about stuff.^^

-Lestat

Last edited by Nuwanda : 09-07-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Unread 09-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #10
LadyHawke78
Open Your Eyes...

Oh, I See What You Did There!
This looks like it shall be Epic. I wish you all luck with it!

I currently do not have a facebook account. Would I still be able to view the site? I am not familiar with things like Facebook or MySpace.

Oh, and for those of us from far away, would you like us to send vocal samples? I have a few recordings available, so I can listern to them and find something that is of decent quality.

(And with regards to your PM, Tech Would Be Fine Too.)

Anime Boston 2011 Guest Relations Division
Green Room Staff

"You know what gets me really hot? Ten thousand tons of molten steel and jet fuel. And soccer."
LadyHawke78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #11
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHawke78 View Post
Oh, I See What You Did There!
This looks like it shall be Epic. I wish you all luck with it!

I currently do not have a facebook account. Would I still be able to view the site? I am not familiar with things like Facebook or MySpace.

Oh, and for those of us from far away, would you like us to send vocal samples? I have a few recordings available, so I can listern to them and find something that is of decent quality.

(And with regards to your PM, Tech Would Be Fine Too.)
Unfortunately, you can't view facebook without an account. We DO have another website that's just ours, but I know our directors were talking about getting rid of it, since it's been very unused as of late. I'd rather they didn't, since I know it looks more professional to the CTcon staff than a facebook page does.

I'd recommend getting an account, if it's not something you object to. I mean, you could even use it just for the musical. If it's something you really aren't interested in, I can keep you up to date to the best of my capabilities (I'll be really busy with things, so it may get hectic, but I'll do my best!^^).

As far as music goes, we have in the past posted song files online. I'm not sure how it'll work now with facebook and people not being on facebook.....we could also try sending the files through aim, if people have that; I know we've done that in the past.

JeiC, I haven't gotten back to you yet, and I'm sorry. I swear, I'm on my way right now to message you with more info! *flies away at lightspeed*

-Lestat
Unread 09-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
Gale
All the world's a stage

I don't see why the MSN page couldn't still be used. I think it was a lot better than the facebook one. Long as you guys can get the announcements page to work right again I think we should go back to it.

Unread 09-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #13
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Quote:
I don't see why the MSN page couldn't still be used. I think it was a lot better than the facebook one. Long as you guys can get the announcements page to work right again I think we should go back to it.
The only problem is, we want to have one page for doing everything. That was why we originally started the msn site, but the eventually, it became easier to just use the facebook page. I assume I will bring this up with the other Board of Directors and see what they think and we'll come to a decision, or put it to a vote, or something. I personally would be all for leaving it up, but really, most of our business is conducted through facebook; not sure why.

-Lestat
Unread 09-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #14
Neffy
The Imaginary Cosplayer

Hey hey! Would anybody be able to tell me where auditions and rehearsals are going to take place? Or, because it's still early, at least where you *plan* to have them? Chances are they're going to be too far from where I live for me to be able to participate, but I just thought I'd ask.

Also, the character list is very... interesting. Looks like a very diverse cast. (Fry, Leela, Zoidberg, oh my, LOL.)
Neffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #15
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
Hey hey! Would anybody be able to tell me where auditions and rehearsals are going to take place? Or, because it's still early, at least where you *plan* to have them? Chances are they're going to be too far from where I live for me to be able to participate, but I just thought I'd ask.

Also, the character list is very... interesting. Looks like a very diverse cast. (Fry, Leela, Zoidberg, oh my, LOL.)

We hope to be holding auditions at the actual Connecticon headquarters (we were given that as a possible option at last year's Connecticon; now we need to talk to the staff and find out if it is still available).

Rehearsals this past year took place in Walnut Hill Park in New Britain, where there is a large shell stage. However, due to the fact that we will be starting earlier (auditions will be held in November/December and rehearsals will most likely therefor be starting in January) we will need an indoor location for rehearsals. Right now the Board is looking into a location at Central Connecticut State University, which has ample theatre space and may be willing to loan some out to us.

-Lestat