Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 09-06-2007, 03:03 AM   #1
[Ryuuzaki]
L

White Eyebrows

So basically, I'm cosplaying Archer from Fate/Stay Night and I need to my brows to be pure white.

Ref: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...FSN_ARCHER.jpg

Now being an asian, my eyebrows are naturally black-ish, and I've been thinking of using white mascara to sorta paint it white, but I'm afraid it might just turn grey/silver.

I'm afraid of using fake eyebrows with dodgy adhesives... not too sure if the adhesive will damage my natural eyebrows or not.

The other part of the problem is that I need this to be temporary as the very next day, I'm cosplaying a character with black brows.

Any suggestions as to what I could do :O?

Thanks in advance !
[Ryuuzaki] is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Crystalike
:3

Fact: Having the exact same color of eyebrows as your wig usually looks awful. The best loook is to get your eyebrows to be a bit darker than your wig. =3 Try using white eyeliner all over your brows, but make sure you shape them before you do that. Eyeliner stays quite long, and you will need a gentle soap like Dove or (I use Clearasil for the anti-bacterial-ness), a makeup remover to wash it off, which is so easy.
Crystalike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I agree with Crystalike; most people's brows are naturally a few shades darker than their hair, and it often looks jarring and out-of-place when brows are a weird color (we're much more used to seeing weird hair colors). If coloring your brows looks too 'old', you can try using brow wax to completely flatten them and cover with foundation, then paint on new brows with light gray body paint.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
verdatum
Extremely registered user

I have no clue how I feel on the subject. But if you don't want to listen to them, then clown white greasepaint applied with a stiff-bristled brush (like a mascara brush) works quite well. This is a situation where the heavy thickness of greasepaint works in your favor.

With your eyes (and mouth) closed, set it well with lots of face powder and brush off the excess thuroughly with a soft brush.
Unread 09-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #5
vampirate

Unless your skin tone is dark I wouldn't go for completely white eyebrows. Camera flashes will wash things out and then you will look like you have no eyebrows. Personally I'm pretty happy with just running some white creme makeup through my eyebrows with an eyebrow brush. It lightens them up considerably, but I still look like I have well eyebrows.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Blasphemy Blue
Robot Unicorn

Yay for Modeling~!

I'm actually doing this for a white wig for my Suigetsu costume, and had to work on this with the eyelashes rather than the brows. White mascara = impossible to find.

If you want the 'hair = eyebrow' thing, then I'd go with this:

Go to your local ULTA, or whatever mass cosmetics store you have in your area. Ask for a high-quality white eyeshadow, preferably Smashbox or Maybelline, and the sales representative should help you find it. Once you have that, purchase an angle brush- A fine line is always best for eyebrows, especially if you get them waxed. MAC has a very nice brush for this, actually- Might be a bit pricy but it will last for years if you wash it and care for it regularly. Before you get the shadow, make SURE it shows up on your skin/covers your brow color.

To actually apply it, just put it over the line of your brow carefully and following the shape of your natural curve. Use a lot if you have to, but not too much. Work on it until it looks 'natural' with the wig you're wearing, and brush as it with an eyebrow brush to keep it evenly distributed. Just don't brush too hard, or it will all come off and you'll have to do it again.

+Planned Conventions for 2010 +

Nan Desu Kan - Denver

+Planned Conventions for 2011 +

Sakuracon - Seattle
Anime Expo - Los Angeles [ AND/OR ] Anime Evolution - Vancouver
Nan Desu Kan - Denver

Planned costumes listed in profile
Blasphemy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote