Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 05-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #1
HoneyBonnie
nico nico smile

Fox eye/yellow contacts for dark brown eyes!

Hello!
I'm cosplaying Kinu from fire emblem fates and she has golden eyes.

I would like something that REALLY pops on dark brown eyes and looks cat like/fox like, but I want it to still be cute and have the black band around the outsides, etc! I don't like the ones that are solid yellow. I like twilight yellow but it might be too big for my eyes/uncomfortable.

It'd be my first time wearing contacts so I don't want anything big that would hurt my eyes.

Any suggestions? ;w;

Bonnie the Bunny (Five Nights At Freddy's) 100
Nico Yazawa -Circus-(SIP) 90%
Nico Yazawa -Pajama- (SIP) 100%
Nico Yazawa -Vday unidolised- (SIP) 100%
Sulley (Monsters University) 5%
Dook LaRue (The Rock Afire Explosion) 0%
Nico Yazawa -Maid Cafe- (SIP) 100%
Kinu/Selkie (FE Fates) 30%
Nico Yazawa -Marine- (SIP) 90%
Nico Yazawa -Cyber-(SiP) 30%
HoneyBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
roseandzippin
White and Nerdy

Pinky Paradise is fantastic for cosplay contacts! They have metric TONS of lenses available. Although I haven't purchased any myself, I've heard that they are reliable, safe, and they do have real customer pictures.
Here is a contact that is a nice yellow color like your character and has a thick black band: http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Princes...-p/f24-f33.htm
There are many others that you can see here.
However, as far as actual cat-eye contacts with the vertical slits, I can't find any yellow ones that have black bands around the outside. My suggestion is that this detail is pretty small, and if the black bands are more important to you, just pick out some pretty yellow contacts and wear those! However, perhaps someone else on the forum will be able to find contacts that fit your exact description.

I'm a Florida graduate student who must choose between following the heart (which wears a flower crown and carries a basket of cookies while skipping along a beach) or following the brain (which wears a graduation cap and carries a clean bill of no student loan debt). So far, I choose to follow both.

Future:

Megacon 2016 - Fem!Link from Twilight Princess

Previous:
Walker Stalker Orlando 2015 - Beth Greene
MegaCon 2015 - Fem!Castiel
roseandzippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #3
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

Good yellow lenses are such a pain to find for some reason, I was fortunate to find a pair that I bought while I was in Japan but they're still not PERFECT. I second the Pinky Paradise suggestion, I did see these lenses and even though you said you didn't like solid yellow, I think the jagged black ring leaves a nice effect: http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Princes.../f24-f11-4.htm

Wherever you find your lenses, I highly recommend that you get a good real-life preview of them first--some preview pictures are really misleading because they've been enhanced or are put on white backgrounds, so they end up looking brighter than they actually are. For dark eyes you'll want something that's more bold and opaque.

Current Project(s):
Prince Parka Tokiya (Uta no Prince-sama)/Kurosaki Ranmaru (UtaPri: Debut)

Upcoming Events:
Anime Boston/Otakon

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote