Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 242 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 04-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #211
Tainted23

I just picked up the Black Wolf contacts by Gothica, i've seen them on various sites.

Tainted23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #212
gothiclolita
Lady Irukandji on ACP

I bought a pair of Neo Cosmos Glamour Blue circle lens, and damn if they are not the most natural-looking colored contacts I have ever worn! They are not exactly cosplay-grade bright, but the patterning is very natural and the color is very lovely.

My naked eye on your left, eye with the contacts on your right. I have dark dark brown eyes, and the lens covers the color pretty well.

This pic is taken with in-my-face flash, and you can see how natural the patterning is, especially the light brown part in the middle which helps the lens to blend in with my eye.

From a distance the lens are quite natural-looking, but still visible. (I am obviously turning into a vampire in this pic XD)

I give these lens a deserving A, and I would love to get them in other colors!
gothiclolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #213
Jasette
That was awkward.

Hey all~ I just got my plano blood red lenses from Color Lens 4 Less and I am so happy with them! 8D

Grade: A-

Pros:
Very bright, so they will be delightfully noticeable in cosplay even from far away.
Extremely easy to put in
A slightly smaller pupil hole, so my brown eyes don't look strange underneath
The box says they'll last until 2013. XD I think that's if you don't take them out of the packaging, but even still, I do think they will last quite a while. They seem like very durable lenses. They're floppy but still sturdy.
At $33.50 total shipped they were an excellent buy! :3

Cons:
Because I have naturally dilated pupils and the pupil hole is a smidge small, I can see the red around the edges of my eyes. I actually think it might help me get into character, but still. XD
I was really tired when I put these in but still after a while my eyes started to feel a little dry. I'm not sure if that's just the tiredness or not. We shall see when I get to use them at a convention, when energies are high. :3

Here are some pictures:

With flash, my natural eye color v. a blood red lense.

Natural light, with both contacts in.

Flash, both contacts.

There are a few more in my contacts gallery:
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/146337/
Jasette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #214
Ion
Lyrical gangster

So I got these a few weeks ago. They're called Pink Manson lenses from color lens 4 less. Surprisingly, they look exactly like the picture on the site. That rarely happens.

Grade: A
For what they are, a simple pink contact lens with black limbal ring, they will get the job done. I really wanted Succubus lenses but had a hard time justifying the $200+ price tag. I'd rather invest that much money in necessities.

Anyway, they're good for what they are. I like these because of the black ring, it makes them seem slightly more realistic over just a plain block of color. Nothing super fancy, but they get the job done.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #215
LaPetiteSalope
I approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
So I got these a few weeks ago. They're called Pink Manson lenses from color lens 4 less. Surprisingly, they look exactly like the picture on the site. That rarely happens.

Grade: A
For what they are, a simple pink contact lens with black limbal ring, they will get the job done. I really wanted Succubus lenses but had a hard time justifying the $200+ price tag. I'd rather invest that much money in necessities.

Anyway, they're good for what they are. I like these because of the black ring, it makes them seem slightly more realistic over just a plain block of color. Nothing super fancy, but they get the job done.
O wow! Those look amazing!
LaPetiteSalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 03:14 AM   #216
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

Thank you so much, ion. I've been debating ordering from that site for months now, and it looks like now I'll have something to post here soon!

Edit: I ordered the contacts and they should arrive by May 12th. Was your estimation accurate? I'm looking forward to contributing to this.

Edit: Got my contacts today, May 7th. I can't wait to take some pictures for this thread.

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers

Last edited by onewingedjade : 05-08-2009 at 12:17 AM.
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #217
Shaylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmscarf View Post
I searched over this thread and didn't come across it, unless I missed anything but, has anyone tried the "Vivacious Violet Extreme Color Contact Lenses"
http://www.fashion-contactlenses.com...es-1562-0.html
My natural eye color is dark brown, almost black. I liked the look of these, wondering what they REALLY look like though.
I ordered the Vivacious Violet from Fashion Contact Lenses about 3 months ago and I LOVE them. I'm using them for an undead costume (Lady Blaumeux, WoW) so I wanted them to look really unnatural. I only have a picture with flash, and they almost seem to glow. You can see my dark eye on the other side of my face. Pardon the half and half makeup/hair/contacts My mom also took a picture of me with them in from about 10 feet away (with flash) and they still showed up very well. I'll see if I can find that somewhere!

They slide around very slightly I can sometimes see a little bit of a... purple haze... but I got used to it quickly. I had never ever worn contacts before and I had a little irritation (probably from the 15 minutes of trying to figure out how to wear contacts :P) but it went away after 10 minutes.

Here's the link since the picture is big.
Vivacious Violet from FCL
Shaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #218
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
Edit: I ordered the contacts and they should arrive by May 12th. Was your estimation accurate? I'm looking forward to contributing to this.
I ordered my pink lenses 4/4 and they arrived 4/10, right before I left town for vacation. So from HK to NY, I think that is pretty amazingly fast service. Things I've ordered from the UK took longer than that to arrive and HK is much farther!

Anyway, can't wait to see your lenses you ordered!

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 05:11 AM   #219
Akusesu
Access This

i was looking through the sapphire blue contacts the members has posted, and found2 posts that was very vivid and clean.
they both used the same brand and color but the color looks rather differnt in the photo...

http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...19&postcount=2
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1086462/

what is the sapphire blue more like between the 2?

and also which would be best for dark brown eyes, sapphire blue, or deep blue from accuvue?

thank you!
Unread 05-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #220
yafromuk

I thought I should contribute to this XD

I ordered new contacts from this site: http://www.online.fantasyeyes.net
and I love them.

The contacts are thin, and easy and comfortable to wear
The site has 'in action' pics for almost all their contacts, and judging from the two pairs I got, they are very accurate. The shipping is a little pricey (EMS) but it was uber-fast and the site had great communication.

I ordered these contacts. My eyes are (usually) dark green (they naturally vary between dark green, hazel, and dark blue)

Vampire Wolf

Pure Hazel Blends

Rating: A++++ I will definately order from this site again
yafromuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #221
Crystalike
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akusesu View Post
i was looking through the sapphire blue contacts the members has posted, and found2 posts that was very vivid and clean.
they both used the same brand and color but the color looks rather differnt in the photo...

and also which would be best for dark brown eyes, sapphire blue, or deep blue from accuvue?

thank you!
The best are the Sapphire blue contacts. they show up brightly in photos, are very noticable in person, and are in general really beautiful. With my dark dark brown Asian eyes the Sapphire blue shows up the best, and it's really not a sky blue, it's a very nice middle shade between dark and light blue. ^^ And I'm happy someone uses my photo as reference! <3
Crystalike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #222
Blitzergeldert

Question,I'm going to cosplay as Dark Toon Link and he has red eyes so...
which of these would you recommend?

http://www.coloredcontacts4cheap.com/crazy.html

http://extremesfx.com/p-61-vampire-red.aspx
Blitzergeldert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #223
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akusesu View Post

thank you!
Having just bought those myself this week, I'd say they look more like Crystalike's photo, in general - they kind of change based on lighting, but the first seems like the photo is a little washed out by flash.

Anyway, more reference photos - these are, again, the Acuvue 2 Opaques in Sapphire Blue:

Only one in, so you can see my natural eye colour (indoors, flash)
Both in (indoors, flash)
Outdoors, no flash

They look absolutely amazing, and unlike pretty much every other contacts brand out there come in powers higher than -6.00 (my left eye is -8.00, soooo....). Downside is that they're a little on the pricey side, and on me migrate a little bit in my eyes (I think it's the base curve difference - my 'everyday' contacts are 8.6 BC and these only come in 8.3), which leads to some slight haziness at the edge of my vision in lower lighting - if you look at the big versions of the photos, you can kind of see the brown edge on one side of my pupil. It's really not noticable unless it is a super close-up and you're looking for it, though.
Cocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #224
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

I recently bought a pair of Shining Brown contact lenses. I wasn't as impressed with these like I am with my blue and purple lenses which are much much more vibrant and seem to be a little bit larger on the eyes. They are still pretty and give a nice subtle color to the eye. They are very comfortable to wear and easy to put in.

Overall I give these a rating between a C+ and a B.

Here are my natural eyes, very dark

Inside with natural light.

I have yet to get other photos of these lenses under other types of light, if I can remember to do so I will post.

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

Last edited by ShiNo_Usagi : 05-25-2009 at 07:06 PM.
ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #225
byukuu
Everyone's Creepy Uncle

http://byukuu.deviantart.com/art/Shi...Eyes-123914247

this is a link to a picture of my red contacts.
They are Vampire Red, available at hauntedeyes.com

I never wore contacts before, but these were really comfortable. I couldn't even feel them after about 1/2 an hour.

I could see a tiny ring of red around my vision but it really wasn't that noticible.
byukuu is offline   Reply With Quote