Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 255 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #391
ashelia89
Visiting Gran Pulse

I finally picked up my lenses @ the post office from the website i ordered them from

Freshlook Colorblends in turquoise :

I wear them in plano for cosmetic purposes,its the only brand ive ever bought and trusted,so im not sure if there would exist lenses more comfy or uncomfy in my eyes ,but these are really comfy for me personally

color - its a gorgeous color,ill provide a reference picture of the color i was going for :

comfort- id say 4.5/5.0 ,its been a couple of months since my last pair and im not used to having them but it doesnt hurt terribly either so im fairly happy about that

price- usually retails around 26-35$
--[26$ for this pair incl sh] --

i used to own a gray pair that i bought in a german shop and when the gray ones broke *due to me rubbing it too hard while it was too dry* i decided to invest in another pair...i bought these from a website called "contactlenses.co.uk" great service and i got them about 8 days after purchase for my address

so here are some pictures of me wearing them,sorry for the lopsided ness...its been awhile since ive worn them !

*i have more pictures on my gallery if anyone is interested! wouldnt want to spam this post with my pictures all over lol*
The Hume's ever skew history's weave. With haste they move through too-short lives. Driven to err by base desires, towards waste and wasting on they run. Undying, we Occuria light the path for wayward sons of man. Oft did we pass judgment on them so that Ivalice might endure. Eternal, we are hist'ry's stewards, to set the course and keep it true. The chosen is our hand - our fist - to let live some and to crush the rest.
ashelia89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #392
China
Berndor

ashelia: those contacts look beautiful!! O___O

got a pair of red contacts for my friend's kamina cosplay. they're geo sf-20's and though i don't like geo much, these are actually pretty comfortable and look really nice!
http://twitpic.com/1uuoje
the hole for the pupil is a little small compared to most circle lenses, so there's a tinge of red on the edges of my vision. other than that, they're pretty sweet
China is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 02:08 AM   #393
Aoiro
I'mma schnipe ya~

China: Ooh! Where did you buy your red contact lens?

Utena Tenjou from "Adolescence of Utena"│"Shōjo Kakumei Utena Aduresensu Mokushiroku"
Yuri Nakamura (winter school uniform) from "Angel Beats!"
Sakura Kinomoto (winter school uniform) from "Cardcaptor Sakura"
Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Benio Shinada (winter school uniform) from "STAR DRIVER: Takuto of the Radiance"│"Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto"
Aoiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #394
China
Berndor

i actually found mine on i-offer but japanesecandy stocks them you just have pre-order
China is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #395
Aoiro
I'mma schnipe ya~

China: Ahh, I've been looking for a pair for the longest time. Thank you for the reference! x3

Utena Tenjou from "Adolescence of Utena"│"Shōjo Kakumei Utena Aduresensu Mokushiroku"
Yuri Nakamura (winter school uniform) from "Angel Beats!"
Sakura Kinomoto (winter school uniform) from "Cardcaptor Sakura"
Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Benio Shinada (winter school uniform) from "STAR DRIVER: Takuto of the Radiance"│"Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto"
Aoiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 04:32 AM   #396
unlock
+ Super Seme +

These is me with my natural eye color:

With Venus Pacific Blues:

I love 'em. They really show on dark eyes.

+ Super Seme +
Livejournal : http://unlock.livejournal.com/profile
unlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #397
genkimami
Trial of the dragonnnnnnn

EOS Adult Violet
Photo taken in natural light, next to a window.

In my opinion they're very comfortable, but they're the first pair of contact lenses I wear so I can't compare with others. I would have liked the violet to be a little lighter (like lilac maybe?), but this was the best I could find.

Last edited by genkimami : 08-12-2010 at 06:06 AM.
genkimami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #398
Irene

So, I thought I should contribute to this thread with my contacts XD
First up is the Geo Nudy Browns

Rating: : ) Good
I forgot where I got these lens but you can probably find them anywhere on the internet because Geo lenses are the most popular circle lens brands :] They're natural looking but I wouldn't really recommend them for cosplay >x<!! I have dark asian eyeballs and they show up dark if you're far away. Closer up, you can see some difference. I don't know what it would look like on people with light colored eyes, though :\ They would be great for everyday. They also give you this "halo" effect if you have a smaller iris, its very crystaly and pretty ^^
================================================== ====================
Next is Nudy Grays

Rating: : ) Good
Its like the nudy browns but gray XD But I think that this is more noticeable??
*will post more!*
Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #399
Sticks
First Sergeant Melchiott

I'm in the market for some new ice blue lenses. The ones that I have been using are the Ice Blue Venus:http://www.cosplaylab.com/proshop/continue.asp.

But the problem that I have with these lenses is that they don't cover my iris all of the way. Naturally my eyes are golden brown, and trying to make them light blue isn't easy. >.>

Here you can see the small rim of brown in the center with the lenses in:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2510684/

Does anyone have any good suggestions? I'd like to have my cosplay lenses be prescription because my eyesight is just bad enough to where it's kind of annoying if I can't see, lol!

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2014 Conventions:
AnimeBoston (tentative)
Momocon
Dragon*Con
AWA
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #400
Dan.I.Elle
Baby got back

I've been looking through all of these pages and there is some great info in here! I've recently been on the hunt for some light blue contacts that were very noticeable on my brown eyes but not crazy blue like the sapphire ones I've seen. I came across this on youtube and the contacts she models (G&G GBT blue and green) in the video look SO perfect on her I might just get the green ones too for the heck of it. I thought this video might be helpful to some people so here's the link. I'll post some pictures when I get them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLCfI...eature=related
Dan.I.Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #401
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

GEO Ash Wing Review

Geo Ash Wing Circle Lenses

Colour/Design: 9/10 - I have brown eyes and these show up pretty well! They are a darker grey then some other circle lense I see around so they are more natural. In some lighting, these contacts also look a slight blue! Instead of a black ring, Ash Wing contacts have a darker colour of the contacts as the ring so its more natural but don't look as big.

Comfort: 10/10 - My most comfortable lenses! I have worn them for several hours before and they weren't bothering me at all. So I think it's great if you wear them to a convention or cosplay event.

Overall: 9.5 - Great for characters that have the ashy grey coloured eyes. Not recommended for brighter grey-eyed characters.

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 07:45 AM   #402
Near_Chan
Twat!

Where would I buy a light brown or hazel doll eye contact from. I can't find many places that ship within 3 weeks are percription contacts and for dark eyes.

Cosplays:
  • Tsuna (Reborn) - 100%
  • Ventus (KH: BBS) - 100 % done
  • Patti (Soul eater) - 100% done
  • Tohru (Fruits Basket )- 100% done
Near_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #403
LeliMoo
Another Blood Elf Huntard

I ordered some custom blue lenses from Grimm Brothers. The first pair were a disaster, and did not fit at all. They ended up making a new pair for me, which are darker than the first (and than what I wanted originally) but they fit. The paint job is a little sloppy, so a little bit of it comes into the pupil area, so my vision is a bit blurry. However, the color and the appearance are awesome. Originally intended for a blood elf cosplay, I think these would do well for more options (such as Urumi from GTO, or Harley Quinn). My eyes are VERY dark brown. My driver's license usually says black.
Flash on

Flash off

Flash off, but looking into a light

Over all, I love the appearance, but they're so terribly uncomfortable so I don't really know if I would recommend them.
LeliMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 12:08 AM   #404
atlantisan

Wow, those look absolutely stunning. But they look so huge in your eyes that they're like schlera lenses! Maybe that's why they're so uncomfortable?

(I love your lip piercing btw! I love how it just totally complements your entire look!)

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #405
LeliMoo
Another Blood Elf Huntard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantisan View Post
Wow, those look absolutely stunning. But they look so huge in your eyes that they're like schlera lenses! Maybe that's why they're so uncomfortable?

(I love your lip piercing btw! I love how it just totally complements your entire look!)
I LOVE how they look, I just wish they were more comfortable I'm thinking the same thing; they're a lot bigger than what I'm used to. My guess is that my eye lids are like WTF.

Thanks! I love love love my piercing. I was so on the fence about it, and now I can't believe I hesitated for so long!

I also wanted to add that Grimm Brothers' had the cheapest price that I could find for those custom made. Their communication was AWESOME, and if you have an issue they will do whatever they can to help you out. They also have a pretty big selection of contacts.
LeliMoo is offline   Reply With Quote