Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 331 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 08-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #496
Alois

it's cool!
thank you for your share!
Alois is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2011, 03:43 AM   #497
Ika
tamallama

I need to achieve this colour for cosplaying Hawke (DA2)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp...0c4jo1_500.png

I was using Acuveu Opaques but they dont show up very well on my eyes in photographs. What would you guys suggest?

COSPLAY ROSTER 2011
FANEXPO - Morrigan - DA:O // Nurse - Silent Hill (movie version) // Marceline the Vampire Queen - Adventure Time!
NYAF: TBA
AWA: TBA
YOUMACON - Lady Hawke - DA2 // TBA

Ika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #498
Erzebet

-ignore this aaah-

Last edited by Erzebet : 09-23-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: oops my computer messed up
Erzebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 02:29 AM   #499
Shiawasehito
The substitute prince

moved

Last edited by Shiawasehito : 10-11-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Shiawasehito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #500
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Hey guys, can we try and keep questions and requests for this thread so we can keep this thread dedicated to photos of results? Thanks! Just wanted to remind everyone before things started snowballing with people asking questions.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 10-10-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #501
Samus Aran
a girl from mars

There are a lot of Freshlook Colorblends pics, but hey, whats a few more if it helps?

I got these for my Aang costume, since his eyes are gray:

Last edited by Samus Aran : 10-09-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: HUGE image on accident!!
Samus Aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #502
Samus Aran
a girl from mars

IMHO, the Freshlook Colorblends Amethyst kinda suck:

Unread 10-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #503
Samus Aran
a girl from mars

Love these Colorblends Honey:

Unread 10-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #504
Samus Aran
a girl from mars

Colorblends Brilliant Blue are pretty good looking too!

Unread 10-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #505
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

KimChi Prince Black circle lenses

Now that I have had time to take some photos, here is my review of the KimChi brand circle contacts in "Prince Black".

Brand: KimChi in "Prince Black"

Specs: 16.0 mm diamter (HUGE! Normal is 14.0mm); 8.6 base curve. I got these in prescription.

Store: Geo-Lens House on Facebook

Cost: $13.00 USD for the contacts themselves. With shipping the total was $26.55, shipping from Malaysia to Indiana, USA. These are some flippin' affordable prescription contacts!

Transaction Review: I was hesitant at first because they are a store on Facebook, but I took the plunge and am very happy I did. Their communication was very good. Their English is meh, but they were quick to respond and helpful with questions. When I put in my order, they processed and shipped the next day. The shipping took only a week! I was expecting to wait up to 3 weeks for my order, so I was very pleased! But just to be safe, I recommend ordering with plenty of time to spare.

What I was going for: This was NOT meant for a natural look. I was looking for black contacts that would give me decent coverage but also enlarge my eyes for a cartoony black look. I found a good pair from an American store that had a smaller pupil hole and had a larger-than-average diameter, but they were $80 for the pair and I did not want to spend that much on a whim! So I decided to give a pair of black circle lenses a shot since they run cheap. I know they are meant for Asian/dark eyes, and have a big hole for the pupil (a disadvantage when I have medium green/hazel eyes), but they were cheap, so I figured it was worth a try. If they weren't going to work, I wasn't going to lose much, and if they did work, then woohoo! It was a challenge trying to find contacts that would give me coverage, as most were more like rings around the eyes. The KimChi Prince Black lenses were the best I could find.

Comfort: 4/5. I used to think I could only comfortably wear contacts with the 8.4 base curve, but these are 8.6 and feel fine! I feel like they keep my eyes a little drier than other contacts I've worn, but it's not bad. I haven't gotten to wear them for more than a couple of hours yet, but I expect they will feel fine for 4-6 hours, if not a little longer.

Result: As expected, in most lighting you can see the inner part of my iris, but overall they give me the effect I was looking for - unnaturally big and black! These look very alien-like on me when I'm out of costume, as my hair/eyebrows are light brown (very unnatural combo) and the diameter is huge. But these are great if you have a darker complexion and/or are just looking for the same unnatural, cartoony effect that I was for a costume. The photos below look a bit extreme in contrast, but really my natural eyes are not that obvious. If you're standing close you can kind of see it, but far away they look fine. The first and second photos are the most accurate to how they look in person.

I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking.

Overall rating: 5/5! Transaction was great, price was great, they're comfortable, and gave me the look I wanted. It would be nice if they gave me more coverage, but considering they were only $25 for the pair, the lack of complete coverage is worth me saving $55!
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 10-15-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #506
emmisu
King of Toast

WHITE contact lenses

My Eye Color: Dark Brown

Brand: Geo MagicColor Animation Lens

Store: contactlensxchange.com

Transaction Review: I use CLX all the time for any contacts I need. They're GEO certified and fairly inexpensive (for Plano, at least) The only issue is that they take a while to ship and the tracking methods are unreliable. But within a month you'll get the contacts.

Lens Review: As always, I put my lenses in a case and soak them in a solution (recently started using Bausch & Loam Bio True, seems good so far) and then try them on the regular way.
The contacts are very opaque and pretty comfortable too. The white part clouds my peripheral vision a TINY bit when I'm looking directly forward. Otherwise, great coverage.

The pic above is just my computer webcam so you can see they're VERY noticeable. Woot.

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #507
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Brand: Colourvue Glamour

My eye color: Dark greyish green

Color: Blue

Lens review: I love them as far as look, they are beautiful. The pictures don't really do justice to the fact that they make my eyes look really luminous, and they are just SO BLUE.I have a little fuzzy blue haze sometimes in the corners of my vision, but not enough to really disturb me. They are very comfortable, and they come in prescription, which is a must for me, because I'm blind. They also have a slightly circle lens quality on my eyes (diameter is large for me at 14.0mm, but not huge), which solves for me the age old problem of "Open you eyes too wide in pictures, look possessed by Satan."

Cost: I got the pair for $18.90, it was about $27 all together with shipping. I'm definitely happy.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Abaddon, The Doctor, Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish, Darth Revan and The Mighty Monarch
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #508
Veronique

Model: Sweet eye blue, 14.5mm
Shop: http://www.pinkyparadise.com
My eye: Dark Brown
Lens review: http://nikakiwi.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/sweet-eye-blue-lenses-review-pinkyparadise/ Iíll say that making photo of lenses with flash they look very bright and without flash they make the eye look enormous(lens are 14,5mm), I love them! Although there isnít bright blue as I expected and as I saw at the picture of the website (which I think it would be taken with flash). You see a blue but is not bright, itís more natural but I expected something more brighten, I still love them!

Unread 12-14-2011, 03:26 AM   #509
BKitten
Icha Icha!

Re: Contacts for Dark Eyes (Picture ONLY thread)

EOS Max Misty (Grey)
14.5 Dia, 8.6 BC, 0.00 no power(plano)

Indoor light w/flash:

comparison indoor w/flash:

9mm SFX Itachi contact (single lens)
Custom Order: 14.5 Dia, 8.6 BC, +0.50
A+ Customer Service. I freeking love this lens!!!

Indoor no flash

EOS + Sharingan = Kakashi <3
Daylight:
Anime Expo: ?

Last edited by BKitten : 12-14-2011 at 03:29 AM.
BKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #510
Pointydots

Does anyone know what brand these contacts are?

Does anyone know what brand these contacts are? Or where I can get bright blue and green contacts to cover dark brown eyes. I would like them bright but not the "halloween" type. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
The 2-tones are WAY better than the 1 or 3 tones ^.^;;;

The aqua is literally THE brightest non-halloween lens that I know of...
http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?i...teflashgq6.jpg

The blues are still pretty vibrant, though
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ta/outdoor.jpg

~Ari
Pointydots is offline   Reply With Quote