Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 306 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 01-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #511
kleptomaniac
White Rose of Wutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointydots View Post
Does anyone know what brand these contacts are? Or where I can get bright blue and green contacts to cover dark brown eyes. I would like them bright but not the "halloween" type. Any suggestions? Thanks.
i'm pretty sure they're from "color lens 4 less [dot] com" (remove spaces between words and dot). in the green or blue contacts sections, look for the lens called "Green 2 Color Contact Lens" or "Blue 2 Color Contact Lens."

upcoming events:
TBD ...

latest cosplays:
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) - Dirge of Cerberus - 90%
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 4) - red dress - 80%
Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) - book!tribute outfit - 75%
Hayato Gokudera (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!) - planned

♥♥♥ proud member of The Hungry Cosplayers ♥♥♥
kleptomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #512
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Wink

Brand: Green Manson Crazy lens

Store: www.honeycolor.com

Cost: $20 + $15 express (1 week shipping), you can get standard (3-4 weeks) shipping for $6

Natural eye color: Dark brown

Pictures: eye color comparison
Close up
Indoor bathroom lighting

Review: Comfort is 5/5, color is also 5/5, It was exactly what I was going for. So far no complaints, I've been wearing them for almost 3 hours now and they haven't started to bother me yet. Definitely would recommend them.
Unread 01-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #513
cachalot
Blue Mage

Brand: Princess Pinky Twilight Series - Blue

Store: www.pinkyparadise.com

Cost: $32 including shipping. Pinkyparadise is located in Malaysia so if you're in the US it takes around 3-4 weeks for shipping, so plan accordingly....

Natural eye color: Dark brown (I'm Chinese)

Review: I saw these on the ad up at the top of the coscom forums and just had to investigate. I'd been looking for a new pair of blue contacts and my eyes are so dark, it's frustrating because nothing really seems to show up on my eyes without direct flash. I popped these contacts in and they look so incredibly bright I couldn't believe it. No flash or anything needed - my eyes even looked blue from far away. The comfort level I'd give 4/5 as the lenses seem to be a bit larger than my usual circle lenses and I had to get used to them, but they seem fairly comfortable. I'd recommend these just for the sheer pop of color you get.

Photography: http://www.seventhmoon.org/photography
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gerodere
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gertysk
cachalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:59 AM   #514
Inspiral
the ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderberry View Post
Alright, I finally got my blue contacts that I ordered from here (G&G GBT Blue...I guess they're 2-toned?). Took about 3 weeks to ship (apparently there was some slight delay with shipping them out) and then a little while longer for me to wrangle them out of my University mail system. XD

(with flash)

Tried them on at night so I don't have any natural lighting photos for now. They look a little bit lighter than I was expecting based on the stock photo and the color does look rather pixelly if you lean in really close with the camera, but overall I really like how they look and they were very easy to put in/take out~ =D
I like how light these are. Do they appear this light with more natural light? And did you get the "blue" or the "sky"? I was looking at their reviews on the website and their blue option seems darker.
coatlock/the Belstaff - bbc sherlock
Tony Stark/partial Iron Man - Avengers
Flynn Rider - Tangled
human!Toothless - How to Train Your Dragon
Inspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #515
Zhiana
Inspired Insanity

Brand: Twilight Series Blue
Store: Pinky Paradise
Pros/Cons:
- The colour is outstanding, it's an extremely bright icy blue.
- Doesn't look very natural at all (so great for cosplay! :P)
- The colour doesn't extend all the way around the lens, hence the dark ring around my iris which is my natural colour showing through.
- Found it took a few minutes to get used to them as they're larger than I expected (maybe thicker is a better word).
- Very distinctive, the colour shows up even from a great distance and with or without flash.
Rating:
4/5
Would give it a higher one, but I think as mine are prescription that they're a little bit more uncomfortable at first and they can make my vision a little hazy. Overall they're extremely good!

Cost/Shipping: Arrived in 1 week to Australia, cost about $30 AU including shipping.

(don't have a camera, so sorry for bad cellphone pics)

Oz Comic-Con Adelaide regina from [ once upon a time ]
Supanova Melbourne supergirl from [ dc comics ]
Supanova Sydney zatanna from [ smallville ]
Oz Comic-Con Melbourne ? from [ ? ]
Armageddon Melbourne wonder woman from [ justice league ]
Supanova Adelaide ? from [ ? ]
Zhiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #516
moonlit-sky
call me TJ

EOS New Adult Green from Honey Color
Natural eye color: dark brown

Both were taken under normal room lighting

I love these alot, most vibrant green lens i have ever owned.
Sin Kiske (Guilty Gear) - planning

2014 events: TGS 2014, STGCC '14, AFA '14

moonlit-sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #517
jounink
Holla!

I don't have a pics of these, but I do have a vid, hope thats ok.

"Princess Pinky Twilight Brown" by Pinky Paradise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rhGj...bcAUAAAAAAAAAA
jounink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #518
tidestheyturn
Actually Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalike View Post
I'm wearing the Acuvue 2 Color Opaques in order top to bottom: Sapphire Blue, Jade Green in one eye and Sapphire Blue in the other, Jade Green, and Warm Honey. From www.trycolorcontacts.com http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1086462

Overview: These contacts don't fit my eyes completely well, as they sometimes slide around, but they are soft and easy to take care of, and are stunning in person. The blue ones are really beautiful and look natural, but the green ones are just not good for dark eyes if you want a light green but are okay for dark-green eyed characters. The Honey colored ones are too dark...Anyways I wore these contacts for over 12 hours at Fanime, and they didn't dry or hurt, so long-term wear is possible.

And here in this pic: The Ambition brand Green contacts, Amber contacts, and one Green contact and Sapphire blue contact from the previous site above. These contacts are from http://color-my-eyes.com/default.aspx

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1216838

Overview: These Ambition ones are the perfect size for my eye, and I can see quite clearly out of them; no blurriness. They really do stand out in person or in photos, and are perfect for Asian or dark-colored eyes, as I have dark dark dark brown eyes and these contacts covered everything well. These feel just like my normal clear prescription contacts, and long-term use (12+ hours) would be fine.

And I'm so sorry but I don't quite know how to put pictures directly in the thread.
The ones you're wearing in this picture: here, which ones are those? The blue ones, I mean!
tidestheyturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #519
D.H.K.

I know there's a bazillion but I figured I'd post mine.

I just got the Acuvue Opaques in Sapphire Blue.

My eyes normal color -

A comparison of the two with just one contact in ( taken in direct sunlight, outside ) -

A picture with both contacts in, outside in direct sunlight -

It's nice to notice that even looking in the direct sunlight, you can't see the brown or even the edges of the contacts. Considering how small my pupils are, this is pretty impressive.

And a picture indoors, in minimal sunlight -

As for how they feel, I'm used to getting contacts from color-my-eyes.com, so I'm used to uncomfortable contacts, but these are pretty uncomfortable. Despite the fact my BC is 8.4 and they're made for an 8.3 ( which is not so much a difference they should be uncomfortable ), they're surprisingly uncomfortable. Very pinchey feeling, and they do not agree with my long eyelashes

I was also VERY disappointed with the color. There are two different color blues in the Acuvue collection, and the picture is much, much lighter than this... in reality, they look more like what the classic blue should look like. It's much darker than expected.

Still, looks very natural, and if you can stand a bit of discomfort from time to time ( there are times I forget they're there, so they're not HORRIBLE ) and pretty blue eyes without being bug eyed, these are really nice.

If you're thinking of getting blue contacts for Cloud Strife or possibly Sora or Roxas from Kingdom Hearts, I think this is very close to their color. :-)

Full face shot with the contacts in with standard indoor light -

A+ if you want to look natural. No good if you're looking for light blue. Hope I helped somebody!
D.H.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #520
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Today I received my Bambi Green Apple lenses from JapaneseCandy(dot)net. Shipping is 2-3 weeks to US residence which can seem like a life-time, I know, but you can't complain when shipping is free and the lens prices are so low!

My eyes are pretty close to black so it's hard to find lenses that show up well on my eyes without looking too freaky or so dark you can't even tell I'm wearing contact lenses, as I'm sure you all know from experience =P

Alright, here's my review.

They looked a little bit lighter in their vials than I thought they would look, but they end up being a bit dark on my eyes. I love them though, they are very soft and easy to put in and comfortable to wear. The size of these is probably around 15mm, they make you eyes look enormous! They have a little bit of a golden hue towards the inside of the lens which is a nice touch.

Outdoors Natural Light. Indoors w/ Flash.

I have yet to give these lenses a full run with the wig and makeup I plan on using for this costume which means falsies to make my eyes look even larger, those things can dramatically change how the tone of these lenses appear, along with much darker hair which will cause the lenses to hopefully have a nice 'pop' of color.

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase, I can't argue with $25 for the pair =) I would have to give them an A-!

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

Last edited by ShiNo_Usagi : 04-14-2012 at 12:12 AM.
ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #521
Slum Drunk
The Slum Drunk

These are Brilliant Blue Freshlook Color Blends-- nothing else showed up blue on my dark (almost black without light) redish brown eyes.

This is my first time ever wearing contacts and I found them (once I learned and with a little getting used to) easy to put in and take out and they are super, super comfortable. I loooove them and want to wear them all the time.

Pros:

Comes from optometrist so I feel really safe using these
Super comfortable for 8+ hours
Easy to put in and take out
Masks dark color

Cons:

....Kinda pricy. Okay, pricy.
Large pupil holes makes me look like I'm on drugs

Maria: SIlent HIll 2 - CONvergence - 2012
Slum Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #522
jessthecoolcat
Official KH fangirl X3

Does anybody know if these are good for dark eyes?

http://www.honeycolor.com/geo-beauty-blue.html
Cons-
Anime Matsuri
Oni-Con
(Occasionally) A-kon
Delta H Con

Cosplays planned-
Kaito (VL) 23%
L (DN) 85%
Kida (DRRR!!) 70%
jessthecoolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #523
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

Super Pinky Bright Red
got them from pinkyparadise

here's a comparison shot with one contact in:

(average indoor artificial lighting, no flash, my eyes are a medium/darkish brown. sorry 'bout the webcam quality!)

Man, these are sooo pretty. I was worried they were going to be too bright of a red, since I know they make a darker wine-red Super Pinky, but they're very alluring. Vivid enough to be seen from a distance, but not overbearing. Only looks pixely if I put my face right up to the mirror. The keyhole for the pupils isn't too wide or narrow either. I'm using them for a cosplay of the Persona 3 Portable FeMC, and it's a good thing I went for bright red since the wine red would be too dark.

Extremely comfortable to wear, too, I'm a newb to lenses, but I tried putting in one of my G&G GBTs first thinking it would be easier because it's smaller (these bright reds are 14.5mm)... but these are much thinner and more comfortable for a first-timer. Felt odd the first few minutes, but right now I don't feel any discomfort or vision impairment at all.
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #524
Ion
イオン

So, I have not posted in here for a while, here is a 2-fer post/review and I have one more to put together. I originally posted these on my DA account so this may be old news to some of you. However, for those that missed them and any other reviews, this is a link to my lens review folder.

First up is Sweet Eye Blue lenses from Pinky Paradise and Ciel's lens from Fantasy Sheep.
Personal ratings: Ciel's Lens
- Color: B, not very vibrant on super dark eyes. Shows decently well with flash.
- Comfort: C, vision IS obstructed because the design covers part of your pupil so that may bother some people. Not the most comfortable to wear & feels more drying than other lenses.
- Overall: B-, it does have quite a bit of detailing for a non-custom lens. It may even show up well on light eyes, however, it doesn't do much on my own unless flash photography is used. Given the price I paid though, I don't really mind. I don't cosplay Ciel enough to really justify buying one of the lenses from 9mmsfx.

Personal ratings: Sweet Eye Blue (from Pinky Paradise) - on right
- Color: A, the color is not quite as pronounced as the Dolly Eye lenses I have, but the pattern and effect are still very pretty.
- Comfort: A+ comfortable to wear, no qualms, not drying etc.
- Overall: A+

I wasn't sure what to expect from either of these lenses but I was pleasantly surprised by the Sweet Eye Blue lenses. They are not as drying as Dolly Eye lenses can be and these were my choice replacements for my old pair of Dolly Eye Blue lenses.

Next is Princess Pinky Twilight Brown lenses, also from Pinky Paradise.

Personal ratings:
- Color: A+ looks great on dark eyes, not cartoony or flat colored
- Comfort: A+ very comfortable, not drying or irritating
- Overall: A+ I love these lenses, they are a more "realistic" looking alternative to DollyEye Brown lenses. I find these to be more comfortable than DollyEye lenses too.

With DollyEye lenses, after a few hours, my eyes were like the Sahara... so dry and angry even with eye drops. I did not have any of these issues with the PPTB lenses.

Basically what you see in the stock images is exactly what you get, just like with the Dolly Eye or ColorMax series. These are incredibly vibrant and are hands down, my favorite "yellow/gold" lenses on the market right now.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #525
Ion
イオン

Reposted from my DA account. All my reviews including this one can be found here in my DA gallery.

Fynale Honoo Violet

Personal ratings:
- Color: B+ not quite as vibrant under normal lighting but still noticeable and very pretty.
- Comfort: A+ very comfortable, not drying or irritating
- Overall: A

Fynale is a relative newcomer to the scene. I would liken the pattern of the Honoo model to that of what ColorMax or iFairy Ruby lenses have. The stock images looked pretty promising so I decided to give it a try after seeing some equally promising IRL pics from other reviewers. Overall, I would say I am happy with them. Violet is a tough color to have "show" on dark brown eyes but this one does the job without looking scary or extremely fake. I think these could be used for normal wear outside of cosplay because the effect is not so "IN YO FACE" as can happen with other purple/violet lenses. The pattern helps give a more natural look as well. I should add that the pupil hole is wide enough that you should not see any color halos.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote