Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 196 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:49 AM   #76
Hime
156 cm of pure DESTROYER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonLordEtna View Post

Be careful with the Fusion set of lenses... they DO NOT change your eye colour completely, they're nice for a natural look/touch though. I got the
Lilac Enhanced Contact Lenses But they weren't very vibrant... Maybe lighter eyes have a better chance with them, but they are not really made for dark eyes, I even e-mailed the the people of the site and asked if they would show up really well on dark eyes and they said "no." So I am very cautious of ordering anything from there if I'm not 100% sure of how it will really look since they photo shop their pictures and by some chance if they do have their model wearing the lenses their eyes are very very light in colour.

Thank you very much for the information! I hope there is more to come from other members within this forum. There seems to be a lack of information about yellow contact lenses, and I am afraid to purchase a set that would be inadequate. ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;

Unread 04-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #77
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post
Thank you very much for the information! I hope there is more to come from other members within this forum. There seems to be a lack of information about yellow contact lenses, and I am afraid to purchase a set that would be inadequate. ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;
For solid yellow, somewhat cheap, lenses, go with Zombie Yellow

The yellow lenses on Fashion Contacts are more for a natural touch =)

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #78
Sarinilli
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:

Be careful with the Fusion set of lenses... they DO NOT change your eye colour completely, they're nice for a natural look/touch though.
[/size][/font]
That's what I want though, is a natural looking enhancement. I'm only weary because I have no idea what they would look like in real eyes. :/

Quote:
For solid yellow, somewhat cheap, lenses, go with Zombie Yellow

The yellow lenses on Fashion Contacts are more for a natural touch =)
I still claim the UV Yellow Contact Lenses on Fashion Contacts are perfect for the solid yellow look.
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #79
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarinilli View Post
That's what I want though, is a natural looking enhancement. I'm only weary because I have no idea what they would look like in real eyes. :/

I still claim the UV Yellow Contact Lenses on Fashion Contacts are perfect for the solid yellow look.
Those are the same as the yellow ones I linked to, just different people selling it =)

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #80
Bealzabub
vampire cat prince

Okay...
Whilst my eyes aren't brown-black or anything... They are a VERY dark green.

What's the consensus on these? I was looking at the Blue Impressions or the Gray Max...
Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa) 5%
Der Tod (Elisabeth; Takarazuka) 0%
Bealzabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #81
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Not sure about impressions, but for the color Max lenses, they're super bright but have a huge pupil hole.

(Ordered the Create Eyewear violets! Should be here this week!)
Unread 05-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #82
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealzabub View Post
Okay...

What's the consensus on these? I was looking at the Blue Impressions or the Gray Max...
ColorMax lenses are bright, but I love them. While they aren't quite that intense in normal lighting, you can still see a difference without a camera flash.

They have larger pupil holes but that's good as lenses tend to move around a bit. Your vision is never obstructed by the coloration. Besides, larger pupils are perceived as more attractive.

ColorMax Blue

ColorMax Green

P.S. Has anyone tried out CLEARLY COLORS? They look similar to ColorMax?

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #83
Jequila
Too busy

Hey guys, I'm planning a Dark Mousy cosplay so I'm looking for some deep purple contacts. All I'm really finding is those light violet-greyish ones... and that's really not what I want. The closest thing I found was the "Violet classic" from http://www.foureyez.com/foureyez_colours.html

Has anyone bought from these guys before? $40-ish per pair with free shipping and accepts paypal... it just seems a bit too good to be true! Or well... if they took prescriptions then it would be ;p seems they only have plano. You're not supposed to layer contacts are you? :/ Darn.
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 02:48 AM   #84
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealzabub View Post
Okay...

I've got the violet Impressions, and while I haven't tried them on yet, I can tell from just looking at them in the vials, that the pupil holes are quite large. I didn't see any pics with the Impressions Blue on anyone at the lensaholics forums, but the ones with Impressions Green looked slightly odd on dark eyes because so much dark brown showed through, I'd imagine it would look even more weird if the contacts were a lighter color, like blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequila View Post
Hey guys, I'm planning a Dark Mousy cosplay so I'm looking for some deep purple contacts. All I'm really finding is those light violet-greyish ones... and that's really not what I want. The closest thing I found was the "Violet classic" from http://www.foureyez.com/foureyez_colours.html

Has anyone bought from these guys before? $40-ish per pair with free shipping and accepts paypal... it just seems a bit too good to be true! Or well... if they took prescriptions then it would be ;p seems they only have plano. You're not supposed to layer contacts are you? :/ Darn.
Some eye doctors say it's okay to piggyback lenses for a short amount of time, like a few hours max, but most people find this too uncomfortable to do anyways.

I've only seen like 5 kinds of purple lenses that come in corrective powers for dark eyes, and they are, Freshlook Colors, Venus, Color Max, Impressions, and Durasoft, and they're all pretty light. I've seen dark purples on some UK sites liked the one you linked, but never in powers. ><
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #85
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequila View Post
... The closest thing I found was the "Violet classic" from http://www.foureyez.com/foureyez_colours.html

I haven't bought from Foureyez site, but I bought a my red block colour contacts from Eyes Bright which at one point appeared to be a Foureyez sister site. I can't speak for the Foureyez site, but Eyes Bright has good customer service, one item didn't arrive and they were wonderful and sent another one.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe

Last edited by Ion : 01-28-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #86
Bealzabub
vampire cat prince

Okay. ^_______^ Thanks. I'm trying to mke my eyes look really kinda... undead light. Hmmm... so the max? I dont know... ;_; I just need the irises almost white...
Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa) 5%
Der Tod (Elisabeth; Takarazuka) 0%
Bealzabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #87
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Here're the Create Eyewear 2-tone purple contacts!

And as I mentioned earlier, I have super dark brown eyes.
These are a litte uncomfortable after a while so you may need rewetting drops. The color is pretty decent in person but REALLY pops in pictures Unlike other purple lenses, this isn't a lilac/grey color at all which made me really happy.

Grade: A- (for comfort)

~Ari
Unread 05-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #88
Jequila
Too busy

Oh wow phantomthief, those look great! Are they these ones?
http://www.colorlens4less.com/index....oducts_ id=11

They look a lot darker in your eye they they do in the picture. Any chance in you taking a shot from a bit further back? Don't worry if it's too much of a bother, I'd just like to know if people will be able to tell easily that my eyes are purple x3 I'm insanely happy that they come in my prescription :B
Unread 05-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #89
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Yes! That's the exact one

I'll definately get a full picture after they'ver soaked for a few days :3 What color are your eyes, by the way?

~Ari
Unread 05-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #90
Jequila
Too busy

They're not dark >w<;; Kinda a blue/gray? I just came here cause I hate the look of contacts for light eyes D: I figure if they cover brown, they'll cover blue?

Oh man, I'm still all excited about the prescription-ness :B The other ones I was looking at were only plano. Random question though, what are 'rewetting drops'? And when you say you're soaking them, what do you soak them in? The only contacts I use are dailies, so I'm not really used to the whole looking after them long term thing. I have one of those contact cases though, with the little right and left storage parts.