Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 243 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 05-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #91
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

I think they'd be a little lighter on your eyes :3 The color is pretty dense on the lense.

Rewetting drops are eyedrops meant for when you have contacts in and your eyes dry out for any reason.
And I'm just using standard contacts solution (I use OptiFree because ReNu burns my eyes :\). I think you can get some in small bottles for only about 15-30 uses

~Ari

Unread 05-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #92
lulubird

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of themselves (or others) wearing the blue lenses from this site:
single color:
http://www.colorlens4less.com/index....roducts_ id=1
double color:
http://www.colorlens4less.com/index....roducts_ id=9
Triple color:
http://www.colorlens4less.com/index....oducts_ id=16

In the pictures that they have posted (of the double and triple colors), they don't seem to stand out extremely well. The aqua color *looks* more ideal, but I cant tell how shopped the picture is underneath:
http://www.colorlens4less.com/index....roducts_ id=3

Thanks guys! Sorry if this isn't totally relevant to the thread. I'll post some pictures of my colormax blue ones later, since i don't have pictures of them on the computer I'm on at the moment.
Unread 05-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #93
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

The 2-tones are WAY better than the 1 or 3 tones ^.^;;;

The aqua is literally THE brightest non-halloween lens that I know of...
http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?i...teflashgq6.jpg

The blues are still pretty vibrant, though
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ta/outdoor.jpg

~Ari
Unread 05-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #94
Jequila
Too busy

Man phantomthief, how many pairs of coloured contacts do you HAVE? xD Thanks for the info =] I need to visit my optometrist to get new glasses anyway (Fell into a customers bag, and never came back D: ), so I'll pick up some of those drops and solution too ^^

Maaan, I want to buy them now to try them on... but I don't need to wear them until April next year. If I try them on then leave them, will they die by then?
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #95
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Those aren't me, just people I know X3 I only have two pairs (about to get a third) at the moment.

I'd suggest not buying them just yet... They're okay to stretch over about a year, but there's always a chance that they'd dry out in the solution :\

~Ari
Unread 05-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #96
Jequila
Too busy

Naww, ok. I guess I'll just bookmark the page and wait till maybe January/February next year to make sure I get them in time =] This is my first time getting coloured ones, so I'm pretty excited xD
Unread 05-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #97
Crystalike
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Here're the Create Eyewear 2-tone purple contacts!

And as I mentioned earlier, I have super dark brown eyes.
These are a litte uncomfortable after a while so you may need rewetting drops. The color is pretty decent in person but REALLY pops in pictures Unlike other purple lenses, this isn't a lilac/grey color at all which made me really happy.

Grade: A- (for comfort)

~Ari
Whoa. LOVE those...! Do those come in prescription too? I would love to get those for my Lelouch from Code Geass cosplay...

Btw, has anyone bought the Violet Max contacts and are there any pictures you guys could share of you wearing them? =3
Crystalike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #98
shinshan

anyone have suggestions for a nice dark brown (not hazel or honey) colored contact for light eyes? I have medium blue eyes naturally and need a fairly typical dark brown Asian eye color--specifically, the Jrock singer Miyavi.

Here's a reference pic:
shinshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #99
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalike View Post
Whoa. LOVE those...! Do those come in prescription too? I would love to get those for my Lelouch from Code Geass cosplay...

Btw, has anyone bought the Violet Max contacts and are there any pictures you guys could share of you wearing them? =3
Yeah, those come in prescription, but only for correcting nearsightedness oddly enough, up to -6.00 looks like.

Also, if you're referring to the Color Max violet lenses, there's a pic of one of those on the first page of this thread, post 7 I think.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #100
Crystalike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post
Yeah, those come in prescription, but only for correcting nearsightedness oddly enough, up to -6.00 looks like.

Also, if you're referring to the Color Max violet lenses, there's a pic of one of those on the first page of this thread, post 7 I think.
Oh god. Thank goodness. My eyes are right before -6.00! XD And thanks about the pic reference for the Color Max. =D This thread saves my life! (and cosplays).

However...does the Foureyez site only sell plano non prescription lenses? I'm so interested in the Purple Classic...=(

Last edited by Crystalike : 05-17-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Unread 05-18-2008, 02:01 AM   #101
Jequila
Too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalike View Post
Oh god. Thank goodness. My eyes are right before -6.00! XD And thanks about the pic reference for the Color Max. =D This thread saves my life! (and cosplays).

However...does the Foureyez site only sell plano non prescription lenses? I'm so interested in the Purple Classic...=(
Looks like they only have plano, which is why I'm going after the Create Eyewear 2-tone :B I need my prescription >_<; If you find out that they do, please post on here to let us know *_*
Unread 05-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #102
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

I was going for the foureyez, but they don't come in prescription. I'm -1.00 in both eyes so I was happy to find the Create eyewear lenses :3 I'm also using mine for Lelouch!

~Ari
Unread 05-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #103
Crystalike

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
I was going for the foureyez, but they don't come in prescription. I'm -1.00 in both eyes so I was happy to find the Create eyewear lenses :3 I'm also using mine for Lelouch!

~Ari
Awesome...though it seems that you can't order lenses with different presciptions...my left eye and right eyes are different...do you know if I can contact them to buy one a different power?
Unread 05-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #104
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Unfortunately, they come in sealed boxes of two so I'm fairly sure they don't sell them seperately :\

~Ari
Unread 05-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #105
pixie_princess

Brand: FreshLook Colors (Opaque)
Contact Color: Violet
Normal Eye Color: Medium Brown.
Comfort: Great.
Long lasting. I wore them all day long with no discomfort or dryness.
Type: Prescription

Cost: $35/box. Can be had cheaper online
Each contact/pair lasts 2 weeks.

Color/Intensity: Fairly nice.
I'll have to add a non flash photo. I threw my Mom-inlaw for a loop
when she first saw me with the contacts (indoors). They are very
noticeably purple. The nice thing is that they show up light-purple
indoors and out. Have a slight tendency to look light grey in some
indoor lighting. Even the Hyatt's dim night time lighting allowed
them to look purple though.

Overall: A

Both photos taken indoors in convention center lighting with flash.
First picture is my normal eye color. It's a medium brown. On an off note, I don't think I'll try shimmery foundation (makeup) again.

I also tried FreshLook's colorblend line in lavender (test contact). It barely even registered in my eyes at all. There was no discernible difference. I'd recommend other people with the same eye color to steer away from the colorblends and go for the opaque color line instead.
Completed Costumes: Noah (FMA),Havok (FMA), Mini-skirt military uniform (FMA), Azalyn and Captain Tylor (Irresponsible Captain Tylor), Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter), Lina Inverse (Slayers), Sailor Saturn (Sailor Moon Stars), Kaito Kid (Detective Conan)

Working on:
Xellos (Slayers), Improvements for Lina, Sailor Galaxia (Sailor Moon Stars)

Last edited by pixie_princess : 05-28-2008 at 01:12 AM. Reason: added note on another contact brand
pixie_princess is offline   Reply With Quote